• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think about typology in your day-to-day interactions with people?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just curious how much people think about type theory when they are away from this forum and are interacting face-to-face with others. Do you use it in your interactions with others to help you understand or relate to them better? If you do use it, it is some thing that is always in the back of your mind when you are interacting with them?

LucrativeSid

I never think about it. (Wow, that's a short response from me, but that's all I have that's relevant.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah. Lately. It's kinda funny, it's like I know more about people without even having to ask them. It's pretty weird. :cheese:

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
The other day I was like "hey that girl looks an awful lot like trinity".

Then I remembered that she lives in Australia and can fly. So much for that.

Atomic Fiend

No it's okay, seriously. You just caught me off guard with such in out of the blue question.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was just thinking that predictability is our fortue, how does one INFJ not strive for it and still keep his sanity?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes
"She looks like an Fi user"
"how many people are gonna use the informing style with me? Damn it"
"hmm....i wonder if she is an ESTP"
" she's got Fe "

Atomic Fiend

I was just thinking that predictability is our fortue, how does one INFJ not strive for it and still keep his sanity?

With great difficulty.

That goes into more personal grounds that'd I'd feel uncomfortable speaking about, but the answer is with great difficulty.

I believe one of two things will happen, I'll grow more or I'll snap, again.

If you meant in terms of predicting ones actions using Typology i don't do it simply because just cause ESTP A does something, doesn't necessarily mean ESTP B will do the same in the same situation.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
"She looks like an Fi user, and she will problably be mad if I do this"

"hmm....i wonder if she is an ESTP? If so, I wonder if this works..."

"she's got Fe, so It would fit if I have this approach"

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The other day I was like "hey that girl looks an awful lot like trinity".

Then I remembered that she lives in Australia and can fly. So much for that.

How did you know I have the ability to fly? Have you been stalking me? :thelook:

To OP: Yup, pretty much, I always have in order to understand where the other person is coming from and the best way to communicate with them.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
How did you know I have the ability to fly? Have you been stalking me? :thelook:

He's an intuitive superhero. Duh.

To OP: Yup, pretty much, I always have in order to understand where the other person is coming from and the best way to communicate with them.

Have you figured out the best way to communicate with me yet? :cheese:

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
With great difficulty.

That goes into more personal grounds that'd I'd feel uncomfortable speaking about, but the answer is with great difficulty.

I believe one of two things will happen, I'll grow more or I'll snap, again.

If you meant in terms of predicting ones actions using Typology i don't do it simply because just cause ESTP A does something, doesn't necessarily mean ESTP B will do the same in the same situation.

Well of course It could be variations. I know very well that every person is unique in some way.
Although, it still seems to me that people act somewhat similar within the type, for example; an F (both Fi & Fe) would get annoyed with to much critisism, therefor I predict that only critisizing an F user would likely make him/her go nuts.

This may be generalization, and ofc I could be wrong, and have been in some cases. But predicting is the only way I can approach other people, sorry for being me.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you figured out the best way to communicate with me yet? :cheese:

Wanna skip work and go jet skiing with me?

PS I'm a girl, and I'm short :cheese:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wanna skip work and go jet skiing with me?

PS I'm a girl, and I'm short :cheese:

Wow, you're good. :holy: I was just looking at jet skiing pictures just a couple hours ago.

Your lake or mine, shortie? :wubbie:

Atomic Fiend

Well of course It could be variations. I know very well that every person is unique in some way.
Although, it still seems to me that people act somewhat similar within the type, for example; an F (both Fi & Fe) would get annoyed with to much criticism, therefor I predict that only critisizing an F user would likely make him/her go nuts.

And I believe it depends more on the F user.

This may be generalization, and of course I could be wrong, and have been in some cases. But predicting is the only way I can approach other people, sorry for being me.

Um, your...forgiven? :unsure: