• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Queer as Folk

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
That's sad. I'm quite insecure though and I don't do it. ..................................................
I would have never guessed it. Ha Ha. ;)
But it doesn't work if it makes you want to wring their necks... am I the only one who feels this way?
I despise it also, when I notice it, that is. It seems most evident in girls that are early teens, and I try to avoid going places where young teens are likely to be present. The young teen boys have other annoying habits, too, and they will even do the giggle thing occasionally ( often for the same reasons, as Edahn ventured, but sometimes to express agreement ) as well. ( Like the Beevis and Butthead "Heh Heh" )

The most annoying habit of kids is when little girls screech in extremely high pitched voices to show enjoyment and attract attention. It is a screech that is high enough to have been sampled from the shower scene of Psycho.

The man who lives in the apartment downstairs from me has two daughters and the youngest does this every time she rides their little toboggan down to the base of the hill, which ends just below my window. Then she drags it back up to the top of the little hill and does it again. And again.

It's not just a shout. It's got to be so high pitched as to be a screetch. And only a little girl can get her voice up that high, or a opera diva/coloratura perhaps. Perhaps that's what they are trying to say. "Why ? Because we can " Like the old joke about pets licking themselves.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think its social conditioning. My thoughts are women are supposed to be respectful and even submissive to men so giggling at the end of a statement is a way to down play what is being said.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I think its social conditioning. My thoughts are women are supposed to be respectful and even submissive to men so giggling at the end of a statement is a way to down play what is being said.

I have a friend who does it with more senior (in age/job rank) women. At first I found it annoying, but not so much after I realized it's almost automatic when she's nervous.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But it doesn't work if it makes you want to wring their necks... am I the only one who feels this way?

It gives me a bit of a kick if it’s nerves cause it bugs me no end so I don’t respond in kind and therefore prolly make them even more uncomfortable :D

I have a friend who does it with more senior (in age/job rank) women. At first I found it annoying, but not so much after I realized it's almost automatic when she's nervous.

I've seen it most prevalent in women who care too much what men think.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Do lesbians get a kick out of seeing gay guys make out?

Is that a really inappropriate question? :unsure:

I don't have the best gauge for appropriate. :D I find man on man action the only palatable method for seeing men in a sexual light. It's hot. Though, the biggest consumer of XY gay sex is heterosexual women.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen it most prevalent in women who care too much what men think.

Sucks to be them.

My mum does it though and she really couldn't give a fuck. (ESFJ)
Guess it's just yet another of those social conventions that will forever be a mystery to me.

I find man on man action the only palatable method for seeing men in a sexual light. It's hot. Though, the biggest consumer of XY gay sex is heterosexual women.

Makes sense...kinda.