• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you ever happen to be someone else in your dreams?

yubih

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure this is the best section to post this, but I didn't know where else to
It often happens to me in my dreams that I am someone else and not truly me. In some dreams I retain my consciousness (in the sense that I know I am still me despite having a different appearance), in others I'm a completely different person. I can be literally any type of person: older, younger, male, female, but most of the time I am a guy around my same age (note on that: I am a cis woman with no desire to be a man whatsoever, in fact I always feel very uncomfortable in the dream in which I'm a male but I retain my consciousness). I would say that these type of dreams and way more common for me than the dreams in which I am truly, completely myself
I noticed a pattern in these "depersonalized dreams", as I've started to call them: they're usually dreams in which something bad or unpleasant happens to me. I sometimes also have dream in which I'm completely myself that are unpleasant, but they're not as common. I guess that's a way of projecting my fears into someone else that is not truly me

But whenever I tell people this and ask them if they've had similar experiences, everyone always tells me that they're always themselves in their dreams, so what I wanted to ask here was if someone has an experience similar to mine, and if there's any explanation for it (I didn't find anything about it)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes have dreams where it feels like I'm watching a show and sometimes I'm someone in it. And I've had several dreams where I was a different person, with that person's inner experience. I'm not aware of this in the dream - generally everything feels 'normal' in my dreams even when it's completely unrealistic. They aren't most of my dreams, and I'm not sure there's a common thread the way there is in yours, but I think it's similar for me in being different genders and ages.

Moronus Imbicilis

Permabanned
You dream you are a man and things are not good for you. Knowing nothing about you and your situation the standard textbook explanation is your Animus trying to show you what it feels to be him, trapped in your lifestyle and choices. His view on the situation is unfavorable, even if you're ok with it. He's a different person with his own dreams, fears and aspirations and you are disregarding his needs.
My first suspect would be a lack of career development and ambitions.

Ring any bells?

You can also be more specific if you want more than shots in the dark.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
You dream you're a dupe. Lacking in both vision and a sense of self awareness. Knowing nothing about you and your situation; the standard rote narration of: Submitted for your consideration; is lost on you, because you lack the capacity, trapped in your lifestyle and choices. His view on the situation is untenable, even if he's okay with it... He's a drift, alone in a sea of community to which he can neither relate, nor ingratiate himself to. So he seeks to troll it; lacking even the simple awareness of the reality of his situation...He trolls only...himself.
My first suspect would be a lack of imagination and self awareness.

Ring any bells?

Hello again little creature. We have been...expecting you. The horn of the wild hunt has been sounded; and the baying of the hounds draws nigh; but before they arrive...Shall we dance?
29RD.gif

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am almost exclusively other people in my dreams, I have had fewer dreams where I am "myself." I've had dreams more often now where I am myself, but they are very inclined to either be "nightmares" or "reverse lucid dreams" (ie. I control my actions in the dream, but believe it is occurring irl only to find out near its end that I am within a dream.)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I am in the "more often than not" group. I am usually a very specific person in these dream, who's of the opposite sex. I have dreampt of being them so often, it is part of the reason I think reincarnation may be real.

I have also been animals and creatures before. The locations that I dream of, are also usually places I have never been. Such as vast complex labyrinths and cities, or underground cities. But I have also been to places that are def based on where I lived before. The mind is incredible at making things believable and realistic in a dream. Even if its just an image, copy and pasted through memory and reconstructed using what it knows about depth, texture, sound, taste, and smell.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You dream you are a man and things are not good for you. Knowing nothing about you and your situation the standard textbook explanation is your Animus trying to show you what it feels to be him, trapped in your lifestyle and choices. His view on the situation is unfavorable, even if you're ok with it. He's a different person with his own dreams, fears and aspirations and you are disregarding his needs.
My first suspect would be a lack of career development and ambitions.

Ring any bells?

You can also be more specific if you want more than shots in the dark.

lol

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sadly, I'm always me in my dreams.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm always observing or interacting from my own point of view so yes, I'm always me. I wonder what it'd be like to be someone else.

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
I was told that I was in someone else's dream but I was either running away from something or dying from something, not sure that's a good sign :censored: