• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

autuum depression and MBTI

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Soo, what's going on with autuum depression and this forum. Guys start talking about their lonely hearts ? Introverted Woman start overtaking the forum ?

Is there even such a thing like season influenced depression ?

I dont know

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20dl91fAT4"]Summer Solistice[/YOUTUBE]

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think there is. I've noticed a general malaise in the winter months among myself, my frriends, and my family. Then again, I don't have much skepticism when it comes to the mind and body needing sunlight every once in a while (or at least being able to go outside without feeling miserable, since staying inside becomes miserable after a while). Now if I could only figure out why I'd be satisfied with the occurrance.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Not too much from what Ive noticed, but I could have something to do with my nearly constant negativeness now compared to the Summer.

Though that could just be the responsibilities of school :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
lets see
I'm probably gonna be kicked out of college
my room mate attempted suicide
then went home til january
lied about the reason why she couldn't come back for a day to celebrate my birthday
2 days earliers was my grandpa's 10 year death aniversity

sorry if I'm depressed.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Soo, what's going on with autuum depression and this forum. Guys start talking about their lonely hearts ? Introverted Woman start overtaking the forum ?

Is there even such a thing like season influenced depression ?

I dont know

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20dl91fAT4"]Summer Solistice[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, there is such a thing.

Seasonal affective disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a sufferer, I can confirm it exists.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I notice nothing on this forum or IRL in relation to seasonal depression.

I have some vague feelings in regards to the different seasons, but I think I'm mostly oblivious to the whole deal.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I know the feeling, I mean, I don't really "suffer" from seasonal affective disorder, or whatever the shit you wanna call it, but all things being equal I'm in a better mood when my environment isn't bleak and cold and wet.

S

Sniffles

Yeah I generally feel more depressed around November and December. Ironically that's also why it's my favorite time of the year - plus the fact my birthday is during this time.

This isn't quite weird as it may seem. There is Seasonal affective disorder.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
lets see
I'm probably gonna be kicked out of college
my room mate attempted suicide
then went home til january
lied about the reason why she couldn't come back for a day to celebrate my birthday
2 days earliers was my grandpa's 10 year death aniversity

sorry if I'm depressed.
Yeah but is it that or the weather?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I think it does affect some people. It's understandable how lack of sunlight added with cold weather that keeps you in the house can be depressing. Luckily I love autumn and the winter :) aside from all the nuisance of piling on loads of warm clothes and trodding around in wet boots.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah I generally feel more depressed around November and December. Ironically that's also why it's my favorite time of the year - plus the fact my birthday is during this time.

This isn't quite weird as it may seem. There is Seasonal affective disorder.

Ouh dont tell me you are Sagittarius, I know another INFJ who is :D. I guess gratulations are in order then, just give me a hint 2 days in advance, so I wont miss it :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Umm yeah.

I don't like being cold. A heating system in the house doesn't keep me warm. Come late January, I'm usually very ill. I don't know about SADs, but like a lot of people, I'm not so good at being sick.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Whee, Seasonal Depressions...yep they exist. ESPECIALLY in Fall and Winter; but also in Spring.
Fall is easy...it's the Time of "looking back" and checking what you have achieved so far. The darker (and mostly rainy) Weather outside does the Rest. Still, I love Autumn.

Winter...kinda same. It's the Season of "Death", due to the Trees "dying". But many People forget that Death also brings Reneval. And it will pass again. :yes:

Spring...that's pretty clear: People get Crushes and when the other Person doesn't feel the same Way many Persons get depressed. Some even TOO depressed. *cough*notgonnatellwhatImeanexatlywiththat*cough*

In any Way...the best Thing to do is to fight the Depression with Stuff like...well, Playlists that rock (best would be with happy summery Music or Sumfin) and yeah...just do Something nice. I survived, as you clearly see. :D

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
word, my greatest INTJ of all :D
Yeah yeah, I know how non-INTJ-ish I have acted lately. All Dashis Fault tho. :dry:
(or maybe entro was talking to Someone else. Yep, that must be it) :D

Last edited:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I get morose during Winter. It's cold, dark, and makes you think more.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I get morose during Winter. It's cold, dark, and makes you think more.
Hm, I see already. I guess since so many People have Winter-Depressions I should invite you to my Birthday. Ima spend it in Italy this Year.
Would that help? :D

Personally I have no Probs with such Depressions. Life is too nice to be depressed. I mean what does one want more than you awesome Guys here and some Music? =P

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:huh: I'm happier now than in July... I don't have a broken leg OR hate my job! (nor am I turning 25 again :doh:)

I'm on the forum more in the colder months because my hobbies are outdoor sports, which loose thier thrill once you start fearing that you're going to loose a digit or two due to the windchill ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
outdoor sports...intresting, please do go on :D