• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

autuum depression and MBTI

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sorry, but your parents chose "Making little robots" instead of "Making people happy" on your order form.

:( I'm not even good at robotics!

*decides to off Trinity and Jack instead of drowning herself, as previously mentioned*

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
entropie for Prez 2012!!

First.. we have to change the Constitution so you can run in the U.S, ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I can run in the US !! Was that a challenge ? Your gravity is 9.81 as it is here ! :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*looks sinister*

but we have trails way up in altitude... THAT probably won't be much of a success for you! :devil:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
trails way up in attitude, hmhm, yea I figured that :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
entropie: You may win simply because Americans are so damn fat. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Same here, we got a new party called "Die Linke" gaining more and more influence in states by applying nazi methods.

Fat people are everywhere. But this time I am actually alive before fat people want to take their "power to rule" and they will be looking pretty dumb, if they find out that this time a resistance member, who is an inventor is backfiring with stones and sticks, while being on an ultimately bad Scotch trip.

Thank you so far, for helping me out on that winter downs topic. Got that feeling like a recurring bad dream every autuum. But now at least, I feel not alone :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bumped because I am noticing a lot of seasonal depression/ winter blues coming out with people.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has nothing to do with winter.

No? explain plz. I'm not only talking about what was mentioned in the OP. I just meant depression in general. In both genders too.

milkyway2

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Yes. I am pretty sure people are more depressed in the winter.

It makes sense. I am always more depressed in the winter.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes. I am pretty sure people are more depressed in the winter.

It makes sense. I am always more depressed in the winter.

Some say that winter sadness is due to the reduced sunshine.

And as we produce most of our vitamin D through exposing our skin to sunshine, in winter we may suffer from vitamin D deficiency.

A nice way to remedy vitamin D deficiency is by taking cod liver oil capsules.

And cod liver oil not only supplies vitamin D but also omega 3 which also lifts mood.

I take three cod liver oil capsules a day. And my skin has improved. My vision has improved. My gout has gone completely. And I am happy as larry.

And I am able to buy top quality cod liver oil capsules cheaply at Aldi.

And the only people unhappy with all this are the cod.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
And I am happy as larry.

We are beset with larrikins, who lurk about in the darkness and deliver every sort of attack on the walls and roof with stones and sticks.
-H.W. Harper's Letters from New Zealand

The phrase is widely used in the UK.

There's a pub in Earls Court - The Prince of Teck - where, if I remember rightly, "larrikin" was written somewhere. It was refurbed and the stuffed kangaroo binned. Shame. The Australians always cheered me up with their antics. Quite often they'd end up fighting the South Africans. Happy as a boxer.

Happy as Larry. :)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I love the autumn, and I usually feel best during that time of year, probably because of the festivities and what-not. But when I was a kid, I used to dislike autumn. The time that I like the least is the beginning of the year - January and February mainly, lol.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
My theory is that intuitives might be less affected by seasonal depression. How can the bleak colors of winter affect me when I'm barely paying attention to them in the first place?

People more in tune with the sensory details of environment might be more sensitive to changes in that environment. Makes sense.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm merry as a lark right now as far as the weather is concerned. Autumn and winter are definitely my favorite seasons.
I not too comfortable with summer - it's too hot (and I'm really prone to headaches), I don't like to dress casually, the nights are far too short and everyone is supposed to be cheerful and outgoing. I'm happy for the people who like that, but it's simply not what I prefer - so if there is a seasonal depression, it's most likely to be during summer in my case.