• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post count = knowledge ?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
uff, 6619, like as nerdy as Jack :D

I'm going to catch up to you one day entropie.

I know your secrets.

I just need a couple more beers for inspiration, its all in the drunken ramblings.

I know wine is Whatever's inspiration.

On second thought maybe I should be my own person, vodka it is!! :D

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I'm going to catch up to you one day entropie.

I know your secrets.

I just need a couple more beers for inspiration, its all in the drunken ramblings.

I know wine is Whatever's inspiration.

On second thought maybe I should be my own person, vodka it is!! :D

Hah! I think we're going to have a booze party here soon enough. :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes... lets follow the lead of a high post count member! :devil:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Higher postcount doesn't mean that a person knows more about everything, but you can probably safely assume that someone with a higher post count has a better understanding of the forum dynamics than someone who is newer.

Exactly!

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
no more beer for you !

Judging by the region I come from, it's not beer that needs to be taken away from me, but Russian "water".

I agree with the first, not sure about the second part about gambling identities in every post. Unless you're pretending to be somebody you're not that thought shouldn't ever come up. Unless you're saying you're a pretender? ;)
I'll try to make myself a bit clearer.

In communities everyone has a certain "value" set on them. In our case here, let's say specimen A has 10 000 posts and is an official member for 4 years. Specimen B on the other hand has joined yesterday and has only made a single post.

Once A posts, his post automatically contains the value of the post itself + the expected value that is based on his previous posts where they displayed A's knowledgeability. The added "value" is by itself dynamic, it does not have a static value assigned to it. It is constantly being "gambled" with a sense, if you make range of stupidity posts one after another, you lower your overall added "value", if you lower it too much, you're not going to be taken seriously anymore.

On the other hand of the spectrum, B has no added value at all or in some communities, it is already negative. Thus in essence, he doesn't have anything to lose by making a complete fool or a dick of himself. So essentially, he is not "gambling" with his value by posting statements.

P.S. This place moves bloody fast.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*slaps Darjur's hand*

then no more Vodka!

:tongue:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh russian "water" no then I cant do it. If you were american I would have gladly done it. But to deprive a german of beer or a russian of vodka is like pretending to know something about soccer :D

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
For some, but such a delay is...I don't know, what's the point of posting if you're only posting what you think others want to hear? To be liked? LOL.

Says that guy that posts 50+ times a day, and generally to attract attention :huh:

And no, that's not what I meant.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D fooossssbaaallll

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXQvQLUj6No"]U.S.A - Germany[/YOUTUBE]

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Judging by the region I come from, it's not beer that needs to be taken away from me, but Russian "water".

I'll try to make myself a bit clearer.

In communities everyone has a certain "value" set on them. In our case here, let's say specimen A has 10 000 posts and is an official member for 4 years. Specimen B on the other hand has joined yesterday and has only made a single post.

Once A posts, his post automatically contains the value of the post itself + the expected value that is based on his previous posts where they displayed A's knowledgeability. The added "value" is by itself dynamic, it does not have a static value assigned to it. It is constantly being "gambled" with a sense, if you make range of stupidity posts one after another, you lower your overall added "value", if you lower it too much, you're not going to be taken seriously anymore.

On the other hand of the spectrum, B has no added value at all or in some communities, it is already negative. Thus in essence, he doesn't have anything to lose by making a complete fool or a dick of himself. So essentially, he is not "gambling" with his value by posting statements.

P.S. This place moves bloody fast.
That was meant as a teasing remark... Never meant to be taken so seriously.

Essentially different people have different level of ability in contributing in the forum. A person that's insightful might sometimes make a silly post or two. But on average they'll make posts with values more times than not. It's a game of probability. The chance of you making a stupid post is no greater for that first post compared to the nth.

In fact, you get the opposite effect, the more posts you make, the more likely you'll show your true level. It's much more of a gamble for a new member since the first post is what people make their first impression on. That single post might not be reflective of their abilities.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It looks to me that in many situations post count people see as amount of knoledge. (what is not true)
In many cases person with 56 posts will be submissive toward the person that has 3700 posts.
Also person with large number of posts will think that he/she is more likely to be right, even in things that have nothing to do with MBTI simply because they have more posts. (there are alway exceptions)

Do others agree with this observation and what do you think about it?
I think you should try posting a little more and, you know, actually get some experience before spouting BS like this. Try harder, n00b.

^ see? Sounds convincing, no? I agree 100%, but the effect wears off when you reach about 1000 posts. At that point you stop being the person who inspects post count and become the person whose post count is looked at. Most of the cues about status that I take, now, have to do with the person's posting style and networking.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Says that guy that posts 50+ times a day, and generally to attract attention :huh:

And no, that's not what I meant.
Not that I wouldn't if I felt like it, but you dunno nuthin, pt. NUTHIN.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not that I wouldn't if I felt like it, but you dunno nuthin, pt. NUTHIN.

if you need a hand here, let me know. That ENTJ in my project group in university made me angry today. I up for some venting :D