User Tag List

12 Last

Default Top tips for becoming more out going and adventurous

What are your top tips for becoming more out going and adventurous?

In part I'm talking about extroversion but its not completely a story of this but the feeling, thinking, intuition and sensing interaction with introversion or extroversion too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    468 so/sp

Stop thinking negatively about everything in general. Like, if someone invites you to camping. Don't think about how shitty your sleep will probably be that night, or how much you have to be around people, or the mosquitos etc. Instead think about all the beautiful nature, and clean air and water you will see. Think about the peacefulness of the forest, or the sounds of a river.
    一期一会
    Likes WileStyle liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Fake it til you make it.
    Be e..x..c..e..l..l..e..n..t to each other.
    Likes Lark liked this post

Let go of your preconceptions. Compartmentalize your expectations. Be in the moment of the experience. Don't Panic.
    Sassy is the cat in the moment of destiny...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    He is the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    He is the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is his cousin, and he speaks her language;
    but he is more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remembers that which she hath forgotten...

MBTI
    LEVF
    Enneagram
    416 sx/sp

What helps me become more adventurous is to prepare for adventures. Basically get myself excited about it, based on the pictures I see and stories I read. Basically, I keep researching different places of nature before I find one that suits my interests. Once I find an intriguing place, then I set a goal of seeing it. When I'm at said place, I do my best to immerse myself in my surroundings, trying to forget about time.

I honestly just avoid places where I can't see anything but glaring negatives. Of course, all places will have problems, but in some, I can see more of the beauty. These are the places I prioritize.

I don't really have much advice for being personally outgoing.
    The fiction that we're living in says I should pull the pin.

silent all these years: my personal blog

I type myself

Johari / Nohari
    Likes The Cat, WileStyle liked this post

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram

For 2021, take a corona vaccine first!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    285 so/sp

I recommend timebending: doing something new everyday, no matter how big or small. I did it for everyday of 2019 and it was a hoot. Here's a TEDTalk about how to do it.

I also suggest that in order to be more fearless, always ask yourself what the best and worst that could happen. When you weigh the outcomes, the best one usually wins out.

Break out of your comfort zone a bit

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Your mind needs to receive enough positive feedback from experiences in order to see the benefit of putting yourself out there, and not just theoretically, which means you need to keep having experiences until you start to actually want to seek them out. Keep trying things and checking in with yourself until you start noticing your self-concept broadening. Allow this to happen. As far as being outgoing, in my experience it also helps to realize that other people are not above you, and most don't expect you to act a certain way or to live up to an image in order for them to accept you. Most people just want to connect with another human.
    Likes The Cat, WileStyle liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleGirl17 View Post
    Your mind needs to receive enough positive feedback from experiences in order to see the benefit of putting yourself out there, and not just theoretically, which means you need to keep having experiences until you start to actually want to seek them out. Keep trying things and checking in with yourself until you start noticing your self-concept broadening. Allow this to happen. As far as being outgoing, in my experience it also helps to realize that other people are not above you, and most don't expect you to act a certain way or to live up to an image in order for them to accept you. Most people just want to connect with another human.
    I agree, being outgoing is exhausting for me (I'm an introvert), however, things change when I see the benefit of being there when I thought of things doing there positively.