• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top tips for becoming more out going and adventurous

Lark

What are your top tips for becoming more out going and adventurous?

In part I'm talking about extroversion but its not completely a story of this but the feeling, thinking, intuition and sensing interaction with introversion or extroversion too.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stop thinking negatively about everything in general. Like, if someone invites you to camping. Don't think about how shitty your sleep will probably be that night, or how much you have to be around people, or the mosquitos etc. Instead think about all the beautiful nature, and clean air and water you will see. Think about the peacefulness of the forest, or the sounds of a river.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fake it til you make it.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Let go of your preconceptions. Compartmentalize your expectations. Be in the moment of the experience. Don't Panic.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What helps me become more adventurous is to prepare for adventures. Basically get myself excited about it, based on the pictures I see and stories I read. Basically, I keep researching different places of nature before I find one that suits my interests. Once I find an intriguing place, then I set a goal of seeing it. When I'm at said place, I do my best to immerse myself in my surroundings, trying to forget about time.

I honestly just avoid places where I can't see anything but glaring negatives. Of course, all places will have problems, but in some, I can see more of the beauty. These are the places I prioritize.

I don't really have much advice for being personally outgoing.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
For 2021, take a corona vaccine first!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I recommend timebending: doing something new everyday, no matter how big or small. I did it for everyday of 2019 and it was a hoot. Here's a TEDTalk about how to do it.

I also suggest that in order to be more fearless, always ask yourself what the best and worst that could happen. When you weigh the outcomes, the best one usually wins out.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your mind needs to receive enough positive feedback from experiences in order to see the benefit of putting yourself out there, and not just theoretically, which means you need to keep having experiences until you start to actually want to seek them out. Keep trying things and checking in with yourself until you start noticing your self-concept broadening. Allow this to happen. As far as being outgoing, in my experience it also helps to realize that other people are not above you, and most don't expect you to act a certain way or to live up to an image in order for them to accept you. Most people just want to connect with another human.

WileStyle

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Your mind needs to receive enough positive feedback from experiences in order to see the benefit of putting yourself out there, and not just theoretically, which means you need to keep having experiences until you start to actually want to seek them out. Keep trying things and checking in with yourself until you start noticing your self-concept broadening. Allow this to happen. As far as being outgoing, in my experience it also helps to realize that other people are not above you, and most don't expect you to act a certain way or to live up to an image in order for them to accept you. Most people just want to connect with another human.

I agree, being outgoing is exhausting for me (I'm an introvert), however, things change when I see the benefit of being there when I thought of things doing there positively.

Mole

Permabanned
I agree, being outgoing is exhausting for me (I'm an introvert), however, things change when I see the benefit of being there when I thought of things doing there positively.

I must admit, WileStyle, I think being outgoing and adventurous is counter productive for an introvert like myself.

Rather I have learnt to be comfortable with my inner self, then I bring my inner self out into the world.

Usually this works as I am not only in touch with myself, but also in touch with those around me. And I can of course choose to disagree with those around me.

As an introvert it is important to know introversion is a gift that needs patient development.

It is a mistake for an introvert to ape an extrovert by trying to be outgoing and adventurous, rather an introvert realises they have a gift, a gift that needs to be nurtured, so it may grow and flower.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I must admit, WileStyle, I think being outgoing and adventurous is counter productive for an introvert like myself.

Rather I have learnt to be comfortable with my inner self, then I bring my inner self out into the world.

Usually this works as I am not only in touch with myself, but also in touch with those around me. And I can of course choose to disagree with those around me.

As an introvert it is important to know introversion is a gift that needs patient development.

It is a mistake for an introvert to ape an extrovert by trying to be outgoing and adventurous, rather an introvert realises they have a gift, a gift that needs to be nurtured, so it may grow and flower.

No. Nooo. You’re supposed to be riding a bathysphere to the depths of the sea and seeking danger

Mole

Permabanned

Both cocaine and alcohol are temporary cures for introversion, because they relax us. A more permanent cure is to learn and practice systematic relaxation, found in, "Relief Without Drugs", by Dr Ainslie Mears.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Both cocaine and alcohol are temporary cures for introversion, because they relax us. A more permanent cure is to learn and practice systematic relaxation, found in, "Relief Without Drugs", by Dr Ainslie Mears.

This is a truthful point, Mole.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

I think you are a Ni-dom, because now that you said you are an introvert, N can only be your function!
Sometimes you talk so 'poethic' that it is as if you were talking an ancient language.

Mole

Permabanned
I think you are a Ni-dom, because now that you said you are an introvert, N can only be your function! Sometimes you talk so 'poethic' that it is as if you were talking an ancient language.
Spoken poetry came before written poetry, and the poetic sensibility now returns to the net.

And net poetry is quite like spoken poetry, and unlike written poetry.