• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Stalking Horse

Mole

Permabanned
When our security depends on what others think of us, what is true becomes irrelevant, and all that matters is what they think of me.

This explains why a large number in the USA reject medical science, even at the cost of their lives, and the lives of those they love.

As we enter our teen years for most us the most important thing is to be accepted, to belong, particularly to be accepted sexually. What is true is a distraction from the main game which is reproduction.

So we pretend to have a disinterested love of ideas when all the time we long to be accepted and belong, particularly sexually.

So we are not really interested in personality types, which are simply stalking horses for finding a sexual partner.

If I am asked at a bar for my star sign, I know I am being picked up, while mbti is astrology for the college educated.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So we pretend to have a disinterested love of ideas when all the time we long to be accepted and belong, particularly sexually.

It can be both.

You treat so many things as either/or, as a choice between binary options. That works fine at the level of computers when there's a binary option. But even the working of our bodies are more complicated. Our genetic code is not binary, based on 1s and 0s, but quaternary, based on on the nucleic acids A,C,T and G. So why should we assume our social structures, categories, and motivations follow a binary pattern?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, dividing everyone into binary categories, such as literate and tribal, is effectively creating a new typology system, but with two categories instead of sixteen. It seems to me that dividing everyone into two categories is way more limiting than dividing them into 16.

But perhaps the issue is the science behind the classification. Please point me towards scientific research on tribal and literate people. Preferably something from after skull measurements went out of fashion.