• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

isn't posting pics of one's newborn babies unethical?

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
I mean. There are a million zillion things that are low level unethical, and probably 5 or 6 times that that can be questionable depending on personal opinion.

While people should try to do the best they can imo, controlling for every potentially unethical thing is impossible.

I mean. Eating honey can be seen as unethical. Pumping your own gas when we could create more jobs for people instead to do that.

Idk. Different things are big deals to different people. If something seems wrong to you, decide whether its worth doing something about. Otherwise idk what to say

stealing honey from bees isn't the same kind of ramifications.

Tomb1

Can a cat tell its owner that it didn't like photos of it when it was kitten? Do other cats mock it or even praise it years afterwards? Animals are self-aware, sure. But not to the level of a human, nor would they find the same pressures as humans would in this case.
Not also paedophiles who can and will take even innocent baby pics and use them. Cats don't have to worry about that.
It's a scant comparison imho.

Come on, having baby photos published on facebook is not going to cause "..social ramifcations lasting for life"

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If anyone seriously complains about family sharing their baby pictures, obviously doesn't like being loved or a thing of pride. They also come in handy with "Missing child" posters.

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
I don't know if it's ethical or not, I do think it's stupid.

junathan

Depends on the context,

If the purpose is purely to do something bad, gain pity or popularity, basically using it for any bad cause, then yes, that's unethical.

But if it's for fun, for instance using it as a GIF or sticker for laugh, I think that's alright.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, this thread was so great the first time, it's awesome someone dragged it back from the dead.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
overrated album cover anyway. OK, it was great and said a lot about consumerism in modern society, but I am sick of seeing it on posters and t shirts all the time

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
I get that people would want to share pictures of their babies with relatives/friends, I have a hard time understanding why they would want to do the same with strangers. Your relatives/close friends are the only ones that do care about seeing those kind of pictures anyway and you can send the pics directly to them, no need to post them online. Anyone else interested in pictures of your baby/babies who isn't close to you is something to be wary of.
When it comes to reactions, not everybody would react the same discovering baby pictures from themselves online, personally it would bother me.
As for this being ethical or not: the intention behind it's crucial.

Last edited: