• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rap music and white people

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I'm sure "Western Chauvinists" like the Proud Boys care a great deal about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you think bad poetry and rap music are threatening western civilization, I have to question your grasp on reality.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rap music is the greatest threat to western civilization but we can establish Mexusada, the super alliance of North America. We will stand strong against the threats of China and outkast lyrics.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Now say. "Captain Sisko I dont understand where this misplaced distrust of the dominion comes from?"

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Do you feel whites have a right to enjoy the music? Do you feel disdain when you see white people listening to "Black" music?

Yes. I think it's nearly impossible not to have any admiration for people you think they're strangers striving to prove you they know your language as much than you or better than you.

2. How do you feel about them, say like the Kendrick experience, when they rap or sing it back, using the exact lyrics even if they used the N word in the song?

I don't know the hip-hop scene enough to answer. But the lyrics are the lyrics, and the lyrics are sacred. You don't want to sing the N word you don't sing the song at all.

3. How do you feel about white rappers in general?

The same thing as white Blues singers.

4. What do you think appreciation of rap music should do for your community?

Black people are also a community. Some may be friendly, but you don't mess with them.

Someone messes with me means action will be taken. Others think the same. Everyone and each community has to seek his interests.

5. Is there a right or wrong way to handle this topic?

No, unless it's a wrong way to handle someone.

6. If you are comfortable, this is completely optional, what race do you identify with?

White.

I definitely think culture is shareable, but must not be appropriated lightly. There are Black people who don't have any problem to give my wife an African hairstyle, but I'm not going to C-Walk in front of Crips or walk in Harlem shouting the N word.

I mean, an African hairstyle doesn't make my wife African. Pretty much like wearing a military jacket won't make you a military. Wearing civilian camo is fine, but wearing actual military jackets (e.g. with unearned insigna) while being civilian is stolen valor.

I mean, if some culture has been declared clearly a community's property, you don't take it if outside that community, unless you want to get into conflict with them. If some Black people give/sell some of their culture (e.g. music or hairstyle) to White people legitimately, it means they don't have too much problems with that.

Hip-hop is one of those kinds of music that say "we're not a bunch of Care Bears", and military music is more or less the same thing.

Mole

Permabanned
Rock 'n' roll finds it's origin in Afro American culture. And rock 'n' roll means rumpy pumpy, it means sexual intercourse.

But even more than Afro American culture rock'n' roll is the child of electronic culture.

Rock 'n' roll has taken the world by storm, killing the book, and democratising our senses.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rock 'n' roll finds it's origin in Afro American culture. And rock 'n' roll means rumpy pumpy, it means sexual intercourse.

But even more than Afro American culture rock'n' roll is the child of electronic culture.

Rock 'n' roll has taken the world by storm, killing the book, and democratising our senses.

Lark

So the whole complaining about victim mentalities and oppression olympics is just something that gets rolled out against liberals? Cause all the "poor whitey" stuff sure reads a hell of a lot like it. A couple more threads like this and Moles and it'll be time to quit the forum again for a bit I reckon.

Its about as interesting as someone passing out leaflets for their church.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So the whole complaining about victim mentalities and oppression olympics is just something that gets rolled out against liberals? Cause all the "poor whitey" stuff sure reads a hell of a lot like it. A couple more threads like this and Moles and it'll be time to quit the forum again for a bit I reckon.

Its about as interesting as someone passing out leaflets for their church.

I was spurred by the memory of an event. It was not meant to be about "poor whitey" crap although it quite disintegrated into many different things. I would prefer you not just assume I meant some "spew of crap" by this thread. I definitely don't identify with the mentality Mole is posting about either and I'd MUCH prefer you not associate me with it as a reason for you choosing to leave or not. I am still glad I made the thread because some people gave some very good points about a great deal of things in correlation to the topic.

Mole

Permabanned
Critical thinking is part of high culture that provokes the low culture response of personal attack and insult.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Critical thinking is part of high culture that provokes the low culture response of personal attack and insult.

Tom-Cruise-sunglasses_l.jpeg

Mole

Permabanned
Anti-racism is no longer descriptive but is ideological. Anti-racism has been weaponised. It stirs ugly passions of revenge. Anti-racism can no longer deal rationally and with evidence with racism, it is now about attacking our political enemies, and signalling our moral virtue.

Jaguar

There's something rather perverse in denouncing behavior one personally engages in. Eh?