User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

"whippletree macaus do nip!"
    Fyi, it's an anagram for this thread's title.

You guys are no fun. waaa lol

Edit: my bad if triggering. seems I was channeling warholian irony.
    “ Given half a chance, men will express the best that is in them. ”
    ― Henry Miller
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut

When we start thinking about the relationship between spoken and literate cultures we are shut down by the expedient of calling us racist.

And it resonates when we start thinking about Depression and Schizophrenia. I have found the thinking of Schizophrenics is out of touch with reality, but the emotions of Schizophrenics are in touch with reality, and we can have reasonable emotional relations with Schizophrenics, Dr R.D.Laing also made the same discovery.

And then I found the thinking of the Depressed was in touch with reality, but the emotions of the Depressed were out of touch with reality.

But if we say the Schizophrenic have deluded thoughts, and the Depressed have deluded emotions, we hit a raw nerve, and we are shut down by calling us bigots.

Shutting us down is now popular, and is called cancelling.

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    When we start thinking about the relationship between spoken and literate cultures we are shut down by the expedient of calling us racist.

And it resonates when we start thinking about Depression and Schizophrenia. I have found the thinking of Schizophrenics is out of touch with reality, but the emotions of Schizophrenics are in touch with reality, and we can have reasonable emotional relations with Schizophrenics, Dr R.D.Laing also made the same discovery.

And then I found the thinking of the Depressed was in touch with reality, but the emotions of the Depressed were out of touch with reality.

But if we say the Schizophrenic have deluded thoughts, and the Depressed have deluded emotions, we hit a raw nerve, and we are shut down by calling us bigots.

Shutting us down is now popular, and is called cancelling.
    I actually have way less of an issue with the stuff about schizophrenia and depression than the stuff about the phonetic alphabet (which is objectionable on terms of historical inaccuracy and the fact that it's done while claiming to prize evidence reason). The idea of considering depression as an issue of inappropriate or deluded emotions is interesting enough.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I actually have way less of an issue with the stuff about schizophrenia and depression than the stuff about the phonetic alphabet (which is objectionable on terms of historical inaccuracy and the fact that it's done while claiming to prize evidence reason). The idea of considering depression as an issue of inappropriate or deluded emotions is interesting enough.
    Perhaps, Julius, I can make you just a little happier with the phonetic alphabet by clicking on Living in an Acoustic World | Marshall McLuhan Speaks Special Collection.

And happier by clicking on https://marshallmcluhanspeaks.com/me..._6_JUkCEo0.pdf.

Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    1. Do you feel whites have a right to enjoy the music? Do you feel disdain when you see white people listening to "Black" music?
    Do black people have a right to enjoy any seat on the bus? Do they have a right to use the same bathrooms? Do they have a right to vote? Any answer besides "Yes" for those questions, and yours, is racist.

2. How do you feel about them, say like the Kendrick experience, when they rap or sing it back, using the exact lyrics even if they used the N word in the song?
    It's stupid for them to say the N word in the first place if you ask me. Everyone stop saying it, problem solved. Besides, black people can also hate black people--remember Hitler, the Jew that hated Jews? Being black and saying it doesn't mean it's not racist, it's still a racial slur.

3. How do you feel about white rappers in general?
    The same way I feel about black singers of other genres: their skin makes no difference. Neither should white peoples' in rap.

4. What do you think appreciation of rap music should do for your community?
    I don't understand this question.

5. Is there a right or wrong way to handle this topic?
    Yes, if you believe racism is wrong. Excluding someone from something based on their skin is discrimination based on race.
    B L A Z I N G . S E R E N I T Y
    🙟 𝔧𝔬𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔦
    | 𝔫𝔬𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔦 🙝
    "It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
    Do black people have a right to enjoy any seat on the bus? Do they have a right to use the same bathrooms? Do they have a right to vote? Any answer besides "Yes" for those questions, and yours, is racist.

It's stupid for them to say the N word in the first place if you ask me. Everyone stop saying it, problem solved. Besides, black people can also hate black people--remember Hitler, the Jew that hated Jews? Being black and saying it doesn't mean it's not racist, it's still a racial slur.

The same way I feel about black singers of other genres: their skin makes no difference. Neither should white peoples' in rap.

I don't understand this question.

Yes, if you believe racism is wrong. Excluding someone from something based on their skin is discrimination based on race.
    There is no evidence for that, outside of conspiracy theories and the claims of Hans Frank - Hitler's personal attorney.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    There is no evidence for that, outside of conspiracy theories and the claims of Hans Frank - Hitler's personal attorney.
    Ah. Still, my point remains - it's a racial slur and just because it comes out of a black person's mouth doesn't mean it isn't racist. I just don't understand it. It's like gay people calling each other faggots all the time. Why?

"'Sup, homo?"
    "'Sup faggot?"

or to a mentally handicapped person, from another mentally handicapped person
    "'Sup, retard?"

Not a great greeting / way to address someone.
    B L A Z I N G . S E R E N I T Y
    🙟 𝔧𝔬𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔦
    | 𝔫𝔬𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔦 🙝
    "It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about the size of the fight in the dog."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
    Ah. Still, my point remains - it's a racial slur and just because it comes out of a black person's mouth doesn't mean it isn't racist. I just don't understand it. It's like gay people calling each other faggots all the time. Why?

"'Sup, homo?"
    "'Sup faggot?"

or to a mentally handicapped person, from another mentally handicapped person
    "'Sup, retard?"

Not a great greeting / way to address someone.
    Not sure if this bothers you because you feel you should also be able to use a slur or that someone is telling you that you can't use a slur. I suspect it is the latter as it seems you have a hard time with the idea that there are things you, as a white person, are not included or invited to partake in or participate in.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I've always found it odd when people say "my nigga." I don't recall ever saying, "my cracka."
    Reading Shakespeare may cause brain damage. Woke.

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I've always found it odd when people say "my nigga." I don't recall ever saying, "my cracka."
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes chickpea liked this post