• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Nice Girl

heart

heart on fire
^ But according to Victor's logic, Jung must have had an inner nice girl.

Mole

Permabanned
I am left bereft, am I?

There is a poetry to that.

Unfortunately, the fascists haven't abandoned me, I keep tripping over the buggers.

I thought all the nice girls loved a sailor?

Maybe you should go to sea, with the owl and the pussy cat?

How would you like that? :happy2:

I've tried to reach your nice girl and failed. And in my heart I have given up.

The only interesting thing that remains is exploring your defences.

But let's face it, they are hard and unyielding and fruitless.

More so for you than me.

And yet they keep popping up - irrepressible.

And what they are repressing is more than you can tell us here.

It's as though we can hear the echo of you in the distance.

But you are too far away to reach.

Mole

Permabanned
^ But according to Victor's logic, Jung must have had an inner nice girl.

Yes, it's fascinating isn't it.

But Jung kept his nice girl well hidden particularly from himself. In fact he went to such great lengths to hide it, he abused his female patients.

But what is even more interesting is that I also am a fascist and a nice girl. Just as you are a nice girl and a fascist.

And we are drawn to one another like magnets of opposite polarities.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I approve of the bluemonday psychoanalysis. She is a tough one to reach, but you seem to have done a better job than I.

Mole

Permabanned
I approve of the bluemonday psychoanalysis. She is a tough one to reach, but you seem to have done a better job than I.

I dunno mate. I can't see through her resistance. And I suspect I only make her more resistant.

And perhaps, I shouldn't say this, 'cause you might punch me in the tummy again, but I think you are a nicer person.

And it is your unconscious decency that may enable her to relax, and soften her defences.

Worth a try.

Mole

Permabanned
IF3157 said:
I talked to him on the phone last night, akshually

So dear IF3157, you see the difference between Sylvia and yourself.

Sylvia was the daughter of literacy and wrote to her father by poetry. While you are the daughter of the Noosphere, and talk to your father on the telephone.

To learn to read is to learn to dissociate, and so Sylvia was dissociated.

While you didn't even have to learn to use the telephone - you telephone as naturally and intuitively as talking.

So you are not the slightest bit dissociated. You are associated with your father and with us on MBTI Central.

But of course you look back to Sylvia with nostalgia. Just as you look in the rear vision mirror with the eyes of literacy.

So I want you to close your eyes and come to your senses.

And you are.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
way to call me out for part of my post I thought better to delete.

Don't you wish you could Control+ Z in real life?

Mole

Permabanned
way to call me out for part of my post I thought better to delete.

Don't you wish you could Control+ Z in real life?

It was the nicest part of your post.

I dunno about Control+Z in real life. It's like when I call something into existence, I don't want to kill it.

Of course sometimes I embarrass myself, sometimes I am silly, and sometimes I am afraid of what I write. But once I write it, it leaves me and takes on a life of its own. Just as this is taking on a new life in your mind right now.

In a way I am surprised that it allowed me to give it birth.

In a way it is something different from me - and it is something better than I.

Would I have the temerity to terminate it?

And if I terminated it, would it ever visit me again?

It has a mind of its own. I am a little in awe of it.

Of course I want it to come back.

Look, I even brought your own words back.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Twas a bit too personal, methinks. Hence the deletion.
As for your Ctrl+Z stance, Maybe you don't call up unholy things that call out for garlic and crucifix.

Mole

Permabanned
Twas a bit too personal, methinks. Hence the deletion.
As for your Ctrl+Z stance, Maybe you don't call up unholy things that call out for garlic and crucifix.

I guess I think the unholy things balance the holy things.

And in a way, they speak to each other.

They call each other into existence.

All you need to know is the name - in the beginning is the word.

When I call IF3157, I call you into existence - you are present.

And when you call Victor, up I pop - present and correct, Ma'am.

It's like magic.

Words are magic.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've tried to reach your nice girl and failed. And in my heart I have given up.

I thought I'd already abandoned my nice girl?
Was that before or after you tried to reach her?
Defense against insanity is the course of wisdom.
I don't hide behind layers and layers of nonsensical pseudo-profound prose.
I think I've mentioned projection to you before.
The curious thing is, the nice girl in me would actually like to help you.
She just doesn't dance so well.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, Mutual Funds, as you know Jack, are in trouble these days.

But we know we can rely upon you to bail us out if we get into trouble.
Naturally. Well, we'll see how the next year or so goes.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I thought I'd already abandoned my nice girl?
Was that before or after you tried to reach her?
Defense against insanity is the course of wisdom.
I don't hide behind layers and layers of nonsensical pseudo-profound prose.
I think I've mentioned projection to you before.
The curious thing is, the nice girl in me would actually like to help you.
She just doesn't dance so well.

Tis a pity.
Such a pretty kitty.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Every nice girl loves a fascist.

To become a nice girl, she needs to deny the fascist within.

But the fascist longs to get out, but is blocked by the nice girl.

So the inner fascist called, by Jung the animus, projects itself onto an outer fascist.

And the irony is that Carl Gustave Jung was a free and enthusiastic fascist himself.

But most of all he wasn't a nice girl.

So he is absolutely perfect on which to project the inner fascist, the animus. In fact Jung was perfect because he was a fascist and the father of MBTI.

And so the bad part of the girl can be enjoyed and denied.

And she remains in her own mind a nice girl.

So every nice girl loves a fascist.

And fascists love nice girls for exactly the opposite reason.

A Personal Note -

Naturally I want to be loved by a nice girl, so I do my best to at least look like a fascist.

My avatar is a mountain lion - a fascist image if ever there was one.

I present myself as a lone rebel fighting impossible odds - a kind of superman fascist.

When they ask my name at Starbucks, I always say, "Superman". The nice girls love it, and when my coffee is ready, they call out my name, "Superman", so loudly, everyone in Starbucks looks up.

But being a fascist is not easy, nor is it meant to be. But I do it for love.

Do you love me?

Victor, what you wrote reminds me so much of something Robert Johnson, the psychologist who wrote several books on the Jungian idea of the shadow, including Amazon.com: Owning Your Own Shadow: Understanding the Dark Side of the Psyche: Robert A. Johnson: Books said. He was talking about our anima or animus embodying the aspects of us that we have chosen to relegate to our shadow selves because expressing them in modern day society is thought to be inappropriate, and about how it's better to live as a whole person instead of just living out our socially-acceptable traits. He describes it as a balancing act whereby the more aware you become of what's in your shadow, the better you can incorporate it in healthy ways into your everyday "socially acceptable" personality. So this can mean finding ways of expressing the shadow symbolically or through actions that don't do anybody any harm. It seems to me that identifying with the mountain lion symbol is a very healthy way of expressing a lot of traits, both scary and desirable. When I think of mountain lions, I know they are deadly and and carniverous, and yet also strong, agile and resourceful, and fierce protectors of their young. (and as far as animal symbols are concerned, people who can only relate to tame housepets are just as one-sided as people who can only relate to fierce carnivores.)

Your post also reminds me of Robert Bly's book on the shadow - if you haven't read it already, you would totally appreciate it. Amazon.com: A Little Book on the Human Shadow: Robert Bly: Books

From what I've read of your posts, you don't strike me as being very fascist in the way I think of that word (I think of "fascists" as being thoughtless, militaristic, intolerant, prejudicial, rule-making and enforcing, etc, but maybe you had something else in mind, or maybe you're just saying that you know you could exhibit some of these traits but that because you are aware of them, you can choose how and when to express them in ways that don't hurt others). At any rate, it looks to me as though you're finding playful ways of expressing what you call your fascist side, and it's not hurting anyone.

Sarah

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Psst Sarah! Get out while you still can!