• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Compiling a timeline of Typology

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To clarify, I am searching to find out the exact timeline of typology in general.

So far to my understanding, there was Four Temperaments. Next (or possibly alongside that) there was the Blood Type theories of Asia. Then it was Carl Jung's personality theory, followed by Enneagram, followed by the mainstream interpretation of MBTI.

I know I am missing some huge chunks of Typology history here, so if anyone has resources, I would love to read them.

This thread is for sharing resources that will help timestamp theory, but here are some other talking points for the thread:
  • How did history (both local and world) effect typology as we know it?
  • How have the findings of one typology system contributed to the others?
  • What is your favorite typology system and why?