• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The influence of avatars

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Avatars actually influence me somewhat. For example, since Costrin changed his avatar, I haven't been able to actually take him seriously. Lady X's avatar makes me think that I'm being interrorgated by a bad technicolor film.

hey...did you just add that bit? hmm...well...what does that MEAN?! how does it make you feeel? haha... scary? bad? what??...you like me less because of it?! well screw you!...i'm just kidding let's be friends...don't be afraid...i nice sweet person...promise. :smile:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
hey...did you just add that bit? hmm...well...what does that MEAN?! how does it make you feeel? haha... scary? bad? what??...you like me less because of it?! well screw you!...i'm just kidding let's be friends...don't be afraid...i nice sweet person...promise. :smile:

Your avatar doesn't look that bad.

It just looks like an 8-bit bowling pin with someone's face plastered on it. But it doesn't make you seem bad or anything, it just makes you seem silly/random/amusing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your avatar doesn't look that bad.

It just looks like an 8-bit bowling pin with someone's face plastered on it. But it doesn't make you seem bad or anything, it just makes you seem silly/random/amusing.

oh what a weird thing to say! :happy2: haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
keep em guessin...that's what i always say...haha :cheese:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lady X's avatar? Pretty damn sexy to me. Looks like a girl that doesn't take no for an answer. :3

P

Phantonym

Seeing Twiggy makes me think about Lady X's avatar. That's how much avatars influence me :laugh:

It always takes me a while to get used to people's new avatars, though.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wonder if anyone is influenced to act differently based on their own avatar?

i don't think i am influenced by my avatar, but i only put up avatars that are already in line with who i am.
but i am influenced by all your avatars, for sure.
Same with me. I already "act like" my avatars; I chose them so I could get across as much of who I am as possible, without posting a photo of myself :)

I've liked all of your avatars (and wolfy's), so far. Maybe it's the black and white. Combined with the laidback posting style, it makes me think of you two as down-to-earth, yet worldly and open people. Which I'm sure you are ;)

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
It influences my perception of their personality; how and what they associate themselves with, even how they want to be associated. With the smallest things you can say a whole lot. Like a wise man once said, "picture speaks more than a 1000 words".

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It influences my perception of their personality; how and what they associate themselves with, even how they want to be associated. With the smallest things you can say a whole lot. Like a wise man once said, "picture speaks more than a 1000 words".
Yeah, now i picture you as a horror movie character. :coffee:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
At this point it doesn't matter what substitute's avatar is. When I read his posts first I picture Q from Star Trek. Then I picture Piers Morgan because they look alike to me and Piers strikes me as an ENTP on top of that. So when I read substitute's posts I imagine Piers Morgan talking.

:eek:

Heh. Well I've got the blue flame at the mo, cos it's kinda like me. Burns bright and long, but doesn't harm anything and is... cold ;)

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
:eek:

Heh. Well I've got the blue flame at the mo, cos it's kinda like me. Burns bright and long, but doesn't harm anything and is... cold ;)

I take it you've never put your hand in a blue flame before?:huh:

;)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram

Your avatar just looks a bit intimidating. Of course, your line also somewhat describes INTP's. We seem like psychopaths externally, but we're really soft and fluffy on the inside, and now that you know, you have to die >:|.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
heh, well, think of ENTP and ISTP as probably the most likely types to have put their hand in a flame out of sheer curiosity :D

yeah, it turns out they're hot?? what's the deal with that?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Does the gender of the avatar make a difference? All the avatars that I have used or considered have a man in the picture even though I'm not one. I used to have Einstein playing a violin and now I got some old man busking. I also had a couple of Anora Spence pictures, but didn't think they'd show up as well here.