• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The influence of avatars

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
^^ i don't know about other people but...for me i relate to people on a personal level so...i'm standing on my own feet and not hiding behind anything...nice to meet ya..

but that was before i found a pic i really related to ...so i dig this one too

Yea its the ENFP in you.

I'm terribly bad with remembering people on the personal level but I'm good at symbolically representing them. I could do emotional imprints though, so that's how I connect on that level.

So I think that avatar is a better medium for representing what you feel.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
A good avatar certainly does gives an impression. And certainly over time you can identify the person with it.

I can only say people seem to enjoy my avatar. They refuse to allow me anyother one but this.

I love your avatar, Peguy, and it does color my impression of your posts. :)

I chose my avatar carefully. I have this deep fascination with foxes, and I really relate to their characteristics, especially their resourcefulness, their playfulness, their gracefulness, and the egalitarian "relationships" they have inside their family units. I chose this particular photo because the fox is reserved yet also wants to connect with you (isn't afraid to look you in the eye) which is pretty much how I am too. I want people to draw me out, but I feel shy about making the first move myself.

Sarah

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I am not changing mine anytime soon because it is the best random illustration I have come across in a long time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yours somehow makes me think of something that Hieronymus Bosch would paint :blush:

not that this is a bad thing- Bosch's paintings are fascinating!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I chose this particular photo because the fox is reserved yet also wants to connect with you (isn't afraid to look you in the eye) which is pretty much how I am too.

Or maybe the fox has rabies and is about to bite? :ninja: Yeah, he wants to connect alright! ;)

My avatar reflects the location of my mind. It's usually on a fun but challenging wilderness adventure which tests me physically and intellectually. I'm dirty, tired, and beat-up, but that's better than bored or stuck in an office behind a computer all day.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I chose mine because I thought it was funny. I like the way aesthetically simple avatars with few different colors look, also. I like animals, also. And I think it's amusing how the World Wildlife Foundation got to get the rights to the WWF logo.

I'm not a very violent person, but perhaps I like violence when it is mixed in with humor.

Last edited:

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I chose mine because I thought it was funny, the only problem is I don't. I like the way aesthetically simple avatars with few different colors look, also. I like animals, also. And I think it's amusing how the World Wildlife Foundation got to get the rights to the WWF logo.

I'm not a very violent person, but perhaps I like violence when it is mixed in with humor.

Its pretty funny.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Avatars are sorta like clothing. They protect us and give us an opportunity to telegraph something about ourselves.

That may be what we wish we were or something we actually are.
I look at them as a self-help method to reinforce something we are working on projecting.

Edit: I'm presently working on remembering not to set my little rosebud down on that fencepost.

I like this. I chose mine on the basis of my mood at the time. Since I'm pretty moody, I'll probably change fairly frequently.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Does this change your perspective now, as opposed to the emo wall?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm undecided between this avatar, Manny Ramirez as the joker, or just plain Manny shrugging

images

Manny as the joker

Papi+and+Manny.jpg

Little comic strip

Manny_Ramirez_Dodgers_Red_Sox.jpg

Shrug

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Does this change your perspective now, as opposed to the emo wall?
Yes, but you're giving ENxP's everywhere a bad name.
Find a pic where you're not frowning.
(I know... you're squinting.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm undecided between this avatar, Manny Ramirez as the joker, or just plain Manny shrugging

images

Manny as the joker

Papi+and+Manny.jpg

Little comic strip

Manny_Ramirez_Dodgers_Red_Sox.jpg

Shrug

i like the shrug one...
that's the first one i saw of yours...i like that one

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I chose mine because I thought it was funny. I like the way aesthetically simple avatars with few different colors look, also. I like animals, also. And I think it's amusing how the World Wildlife Foundation got to get the rights to the WWF logo.

i really like yours too