• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Resentment and Ressentiment

Mole

Permabanned
We perceive by making distinctions, and the more distinctions, the more we see.

An interesting distinction is between resentment and ressentiment.

We resent an individual who has harmed us or humiliated us, while reessentiment is quite different. Ressentiment is bone marrow deep hatred that is not directed at any discrete individual, but is a global hatred, a hatred without a particular object. And being bone marrow deep it is hidden, invisible, yet conditions our very attitude to the world, ressentiment conditions how we see the world, ressentiment is epistemological.

Alice Miller says ressentiment contributed to the holocaust.

A common ressentiment is when we are dependent financially and emotionally and are full of hatred, usually hidden to preserve our security, but covertly directed at the very person we are close to and dependent on.

And being intimate with our host, we are able to wreak havoc in them emotionally and ultimately their health, all under the radar so we can't be blamed,

For "Ressentiment" by Max Scheler click Ressentiment (Scheler) - Wikipedia.

And for Alice Miller click Alice Miller (psychologist) - Wikipedia.

Mole

Permabanned
We see ressentiment finds its home on the net with the haters. Virulent unappeasable hatred. And it is anonymous and operates under the radar.

We respond by making a moral judgement and asking the haters to stop hating, but this has as much chance as turning back the tide of the sea.

Ressentiment is not under the conscious control of the haters, it is bone marrow deep and changes the way the hater sees the world, the hater is not immoral, rather their world view is dangerous to others.

So the hater can't be appealed to through reason or morality, the way they see the world is hidden and covert, so the best we can do is reveal their world view to the world.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im really glad to see you back out of the graveyard mole.

Sorry I have nothing to contribute beyond that to your thread though. Im generally too dumb and lazy for your posts. But I do like you and am glad to see you posting

Mole

Permabanned
Im really glad to see you back out of the graveyard mole. Sorry I have nothing to contribute beyond that to your thread though. Im generally too dumb and lazy for your posts. But I do like you and am glad to see you posting

I am pleased you are glad to see me back from The Graveyard Frosty. I am surprised I kept posting in The Graveyard, and I am even surprised at what I post here.

Meanwhile, we travel together on typology central.

Mole

Permabanned
Ressentiment is bone marrow deep hatred that is hidden on the surface, but conditions the way we see the world. So our ressentiment is invisible but shows itself in our attitude, and in our behaviour.

A potent marriage is between ressentiment and our sexuality, just as a potent marriage is between love and our sexuality.

Our guru, Carl Jung, was deeply imbued with ressentiment, married to strong sexual feelings, which he expressed by abusing his Jewish female patients.

Jeffery Epstein was also deeply imbued with ressentiment, married to strong sexual feelings, which he expressed by abusing thousand of underage girls and trafficking them to his rich, powerful, and famous friends, setting honey traps on the way.

Mohammed was deeply imbued with ressentiment, married to strong sexual feelings, which he epressed by hatred of Jews, and infidels, and marriage to a six year old girl and raping her at nine.

Jesus was deeply imbued with ressentiment, married to sexual feelings, which he expressed by rejecting the world and telling us to take no thought for the morrow, never marrying, even though he lived in a Judaic society based on marriage, he never made love with a woman, he never had children of his own, he loved John his disciple, and he loved other people's children. There were no Judaic or Roman laws against child sexual abuse, and they didn't know it did long term psychological damage. And there were no prosecutions for the crime of sexually abusing children.

For, "The Hidden Cruelty in Child Rearing", click https://lib.tcu.edu/staff/bellinger/rel-viol/Miller_FYOG.pdf.

Mole

Permabanned
It's interesting that ressentiment hates the success of others. And this hatred is the more potent because it is under the radar, it is covert, it is hidden. I reaches into our unconscious and tries to ruin our success.

It becomes a condition of life, a way of life, where we avoid success or hide it. It is like a worm in the apple.

So instead we look for a friend who can enjoy our success, as we enjoy their success.

Our first step is to learn to enjoy the success of others, and we will attract those who can enjoy our success too.

Bon chance!