• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suddenly, money

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude I'm drunk, I've only written to this threat while drunk. But, the matter of fact is this. My wife wants divorce. She's gonna have what she wants. No problem.

I know rich people can laugh at me how my life changes over some 60-70k euros a year, depending on how it's counted. But I'm sure the rest of the folks do understand how poverty is changed to non-poverty over having the income changed from 20k a year to 60k a year.

Numbers aren't quite the same, but this is definitely true.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude I'm drunk, I've only written to this threat while drunk. But, the matter of fact is this. My wife wants divorce. She's gonna have what she wants. No problem.

I know rich people can laugh at me how my life changes over some 60-70k euros a year, depending on how it's counted. But I'm sure the rest of the folks do understand how poverty is changed to non-poverty over having the income changed from 20k a year to 60k a year.

So if you know, you know. And if you don't, you don't. Be happy if you're the guy who always had your millions.

Very sorry about what you’re going through but I hope that opportunities for growth will present themselves once you’ve gotten through the darkest stages of the divorce process

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hardly make $30k a year, and I feel well off... but I also have a fiance who makes about the same.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Do you have ideas how I should go about my life?
Take time to become financially literate. There's plenty of businesses that prey on people who moved from lower poor to upper poor that cost them a chance to become middle class. Set up an emergency fund of 3-6 months of living costs.

Though I'm not sure how it would work with a divorce.

kingsizexx

I didn't have some money before, but i have now. It's 60k euros per year income at least.in minimum. Might be a bit more, 71k a year for example. Suddenly I'm contemplating a change of city, wife, family etc. Do you have ideas how I should go about my life?
have you considered buying bitcoins lol dude cmonnnn just get richhhhhhhhhhh

kingsizexx

have you considered buying bitcoins lol dude cmonnnn just get richhhhhhhhhhh how can you waste such posibilities on nothing, imagine if u bought bitcoins when it was 3k$.. now its like 15k if im not wrong.. dude.. anyway can't blame you because I have fallen in such a pit aswell, and missed my opportunies.. but I was blessed with another one huh ! I found myself in furniture business, started on a best app to sell stuff and thanks to that I opened myself a furniture shop with polszka and turkish partners. But I sill hope that bitcoin will drop back so I could buy some and get myself a maserati. Dam.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8

So if you know, you know. And if you don't, you don't. Be happy if you're the guy who always had your millions.

its huge, and i totally get it , i had a salary jump this year too and just the basic things i don't have to worry about overall is huge, I felt such a difference that i did some research and they actually they say that a salary of 70k -90 k is the range that people feel the most significant improvement and happiness.. i think at a certain point its more money more problems.

it makes a difference, it also does make you contemplate certain life choices because you CAN now. and a partner is a major life choice.

The Exact Amount of Money it Takes to Make a Person Happy Just Got an Update | Inc.com

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I take it this thread is all real?
Change of wife, change of family -line probably got suspecting as it did for everyone else. I shortcutted in explaining the situation. Actually my wife has tolerated my attempts at getting a high tech job for years, but she didn't approve how they went. So, she initiated the first concrete steps towards divorce this September. I got the best job of my life the same month. I didn't want to drag explaining the situation any more.

There was real lack of money before and there is real having of money now. There is a divorce going on or perhaps not. We'll see.

Also, I'm drunk now, just as I've been with every other post in this thread, without fail.

Sometimes I have to wait for weeks before I'm drunk again, to respond. This kind of topic doesn't feel like the kind of topic I wanted to discuss sober. Maybe you americans should get drunk more. Use some less opiates. I've never used opiates. Or marihuana. I'm sure part of cultural differences is due to the choice of drug.

Edited

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Damn. I'm sorry you're going through all of that. The non financial things.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this will be me someday - having a decent amount of money, no longer being so poor. Funny, sometimes I can't even afford to get drunk.