• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Balancing an overbearing Ne out with Fi

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lose the test too.
Like I said, ignore stereotypes.

Function analysis is the only surefire way to insure correctitude. It might burn going down, but the quick buzz is definitely worth the initial pain.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I found this about Te as tertiary:

"The individual feels a need to appear efficient, productive and knowledgeable in his endeavours, as long as that does not conflict with priorities set up by his primary function. For instance, he may end up defending a decision or action that is not the most efficient if it is the one they see as most desirable in order to achieve or maintain the emotional atmosphere they are aiming at. "

just throwing that in there. I have issues with overbearing Ne too, though Te and Ti are both pretty strong for me when I actually think to use them. they often "solve" the problems created for me by Ne but in a way that creates future problems because Si and Fe didn't get a look in :unsure:

ask for some feedback about your behaviour from someone who you trust to be honest, not flattering, resolve before you ask not to get offended or upset, then go away and spend lots of time on your own pondering HARD over those things, how to avoid them, rather than how to persuade yourself they were wrong and you don't have to listen to them ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I found this about Te as tertiary:

"The individual feels a need to appear efficient, productive and knowledgeable in his endeavours, as long as that does not conflict with priorities set up by his primary function. For instance, he may end up defending a decision or action that is not the most efficient if it is the one they see as most desirable in order to achieve or maintain the emotional atmosphere they are aiming at. "

just throwing that in there. I have issues with overbearing Ne too, though Te and Ti are both pretty strong for me when I actually think to use them. they often "solve" the problems created for me by Ne but in a way that creates future problems because Si and Fe didn't get a look in :unsure:

ask for some feedback about your behaviour from someone who you trust to be honest, not flattering, resolve before you ask not to get offended or upset, then go away and spend lots of time on your own pondering HARD over those things, how to avoid them, rather than how to persuade yourself they were wrong and you don't have to listen to them ;)

Thanks for the tips ;) I already use my bf as a soundboard like that (and drive him absolutely crazy in the process *grin*) as I know he will not lie to me and his opinion is too important to me to ignore :) It is good to know though, that I'm on the right track :)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
haha well, I was gonna say that a romantic partner is about the worst person to ask, specially if you live with them... hahaha.... honestly it's not fair on them, they've too much staked in it. Better to ask someone more detached, with less vested interest in your reaction to them. Teacher, perhaps...?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm...you might have a point, although he usually is pretty blunt about things. I'd have to think about who else would be appropriate, can't really think of anyone right now.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
In any case, what I see here, it doesn't appear you're in any deficit of Feeling.
I may have read it wrong -- is this a problem you (think you) are dealing with?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I pride myself on my Feeling, but occasionally it can be a bit..overwhelming and impractical , I do admit :)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah, yeah, but about the OP. I guess my question was answered, but I was curious to see if 'balance' was something you felt you needed, and I was about to correct you (finally I can ;)) in that you clearly have Feeling pinned down.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol, ok sorry, I'm still trying to figure out if I've got anything balanced out. I've been called oversensitive so often, that I'm not even sure I've got Feeling balanced out.