• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rational vs. Idyll and Artisan vs. Guardian: Why the differences?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is it that we see such a high level of rivalry between NTs and NFs on MBTIc?

Also, why do we not see this behavior mirrored between SPs and SJs, or any other Temperament combination on MBTIc?

Be as casual or technical, brief or explanatory in your response as you wish.

Thank you for contributing in advance! :)

Last edited:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are lots of NTs and NFs on MBTIc.

Or, you know, SJs and SPs don't derive self-esteem or satisfaction from winning online battles.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
There are lots of NTs and NFs on MBTIc.

Or, you know, SJs and SPs don't derive self-esteem or satisfaction from winning online battles.

that and i think that NFs have a predefined notion that NTs are heartless and NTs have a predefined notion that NFs are going to be emotional and/or illogical

which is stupid imho. ive met many illogical NTs and many heartless NFs

Atomic Fiend

that and i think that NFs have a predefined notion that NTs are heartless and NTs have a predefined notion that NFs are going to be emotional and/or illogical

which is stupid imho. ive met many illogical NTs and many heartless NFs
+ 1

heart

heart on fire
The SJ and SP feel out numbered so they stick together. The NT and NF vie for whose POV will dominate the board.

I've seen plenty of SP and SJ battle each other on various housewifery boards and display as much trivial pleasure out of winning online battles as the Ns here do.

Just go to any "mommy board" and make a thread about abortion or breast feeding and watch them go...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont see rivalry to anyone.

But for the sake of arguement, I think N's do lack agendas in life. SP's and SJ's tend to be focussed on the tangible, therefore have an agenda. Might it as it be; I see having an agenda to be a crucial point to be accepted by Sensors.

Atomic Fiend

The SJ and SP feel out numbered so they stick together. The NT and NF vie for whose POV will dominate the board.

I've seen plenty of SP and SJ battle each other on various housewifery boards and display as much trivial pleasure out of winning online battles as the Ns here do.

Just go to any "mommy board" and make a thread about abortion or breast feeding and watch them go...

You are joking right?

Please be joking....

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

But for the sake of arguement, I think N's do lack agendas in life. SP's and SJ's tend to be focussed on the tangible, therefore have an agenda. Might it as it be; I see having an agenda to be a crucial point to be accepted by Sensors.

Psst I think that's just NPs.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1

tell that to an XNTJ... lol

heart

heart on fire
You are joking right?

Please be joking....

Why would it be a joke? It's perfectly true. Also working mothers vs. stay-at-home mothers will also usually create a firestorm.

I've even seen make-up as a topic become a battle royal. But don't laugh for a moment...many of us here have battled just as many trivial aspects of life here as well. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
tell that to an XNTJ... lol

Yeah that's a point. I cant really explain what I mean.

Maybe it is more like security. If you seem like having your life under control, you will be more likely understood by Sensors. Or be viewn less as a threat.

At least it's my experience.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
my INFJ for example is a total security person. But she does not do that because she likes it, she does do it because she needs it. When she parties, she parties hard. Even harder than I do.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah that's a point. I cant really explain what I mean.

Maybe it is more like security. If you seem like having your life under control, you will be more likely understood by Sensors. Or be viewn less as a threat.

At least it's my experience.
in the real world of course. i think sensors tend to see intuitives as not having agendas maybe because they always seem to be in la la land.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Battles? What battles?

I haven't really noticed any. Obviously when you discuss a topic theres going to be multiple sides, and a little disagreement. But I don't think anyone goes off triumphantly after "winning" one. Maybe there is a little undertone or some subtle social dynamics that I'm not visibly aware off.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
in the real world of course. i think sensors tend to see intuitives as not having agendas maybe because they always seem to be in la la land.

you are not really taking me serious are you ?! :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
nevermind, I myself do not take me serious :)

So, make a wish, I go to bed

gn8 Overseas :cheers: