• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTIc type influence survey 2008/Q4

Which type has influenced the discussion on MBTIc the most in the past 3 months?

• ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ESTP

• ESTJ

• ENFP

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • ENFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ISFP

• ISFJ

• ISTP

• ISTJ

• INFP

• INFJ

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought of staying on the forum for few years and keeping track of the types that get the most attention at any one time, four times a year.

Consider it an extension to political polling - just that politics in here depend more on type than anything else. I'm not seeking the "best" type in any regard; rather, for good or bad, what type has caught the most interest of MBTIc members?

Keeping in mind the past 3 months, what type has influenced the discussions on MBTI Central the most?

A type that has been examined, discussed, praised or loathed, any type that has just stirred the discussion. It might have been because of it's popularity, or the lack of it. It might have been because we know so much about them, or not much at all, making it an example of the "unknown". It might be influential because of a lot of posting by persons of that type, or because a lot of the posts are made about them. It might be a type that doesn't get mentioned often, but still defines our conversation: we're not that type. It might be a type we're glad to talk about, or a type we'd gladly forget by now.

What is your answer?

Frequently Asked Questions about MBTIc type influence survey

Q: Why are you asking this?
A: Important part of the development of any community is to know what kind of influence people are exerting on it. MBTIcentral seeks to be a forum for people of all the personality types. This survey provides information for all participants, freely and equally, to be used in their decision making, hopefully for the benefit of the community.​

Q: How does it help to know who's influencing the most anyway?
A: It's up to one's imagination. One might notice the need to take care of the needs of other personality types than the most influencing. If some new forum rules or practices are introduced to balance the influence, this kind of survey provides one method to track the success.​

Q: How can this survey measure anything worthwhile, when you leave the concept of influence so vaguely defined?
A: Proper test methodology for opinion polls may include utilizing the definitions, values and opinions of the people being surveyed. The concept being measured must cover enough of what's important and interesting for those utilizing the test results. This way, small changes of opinion in the population will be reflected in the test results. There are many ways to influence; the respondents may think of those methods of influence as they see fit.​

Q: Why should I give my opinion, when the results will be twisted by those who answer wrong?
A: Others might ask the question equally about you. In this survey, people are allowed to use that definition of influence they see fit. The results will reflect this freedom. Go, use it yourself!​

Q: Why are you asking so many questions?
A: I'm asking one question: that which is the bolded one in the OP, which is the same question as in the poll title. Rest of the stuff is there to get your imagination up. That's called the intro in survey speak, and it's importance is in anchoring the respondent's mindset to a certain background, in order to standardize the answering style between the participants.​

Q: So you are leading the question?
A: No. People have to be made to think about the intended time frame and most of the relevant data to the question. Once given all that, the respondent is free to respond as they wish. Standardization works to improve the applicability of the results.​

Q: I voted untruthfully, so I ruined your survey. Right?
A: Probably not. For some reason, the great variety of people respond to questions like this in a mostly truthful manner. The protest answers work only to wiggle the responses a bit to some direction. Seeing that real, truthful results can be utilized in a good manner, most people want to see the real responses and participate in the manner intended.​

Q: Won't the sample be too small for it to mean anything?
A: Go give your opinion, then - and ask your friends to give theirs, too! Many surveys get close to correct results with perhaps only 10% of response rate; meaning, 10% of those who are asked to participate. Contrary to what someone might expect, the random error isn't influenced by the people not participating, but only by the people who do participate. Read more about it in here.​

Q: What's the prize for the most influential group?
A: This isn't a competition, but a statistical, informational survey of opinion, or in short, opinion poll. Read more on them in here.​

Q: I belong to a secret cabal who pulls the strings behind everything. Would you please stop exposing us?
A: With so many secret cabals around, how do you know if it's not your strings that are being pulled?​

Q: Who has authorized you to do this thing?
A: This is just unofficial activity by a forum member, in no way specifically authorized or approved by any people of authority. With my understanding of the forum rules and the intent behind this survey, no such authorization is needed prior to doing this kind of thing.​

Last edited:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I would say INTx (most likely INTP) but in terms of threads started and themes, I could see one of the NF's having a decent say on the matter.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
_NTP and INFJ are probably close to a 3 way tie.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1. INTP (+)
2. INTJ (+)
3. INFJ
4. ENFJ (-)
5. ENFP (-)
6. ENTJ (+)
7. ISTP (++)
8. ENTP (--)
9. INFP
10.ESFJ
11.ISFP (+)
12.ESTP (--)
13.ESTJ (+)
14.ESFP (-)
15.ISTJ
16.ISFJ

Disclaimer: that's my opinion.. reality is in the poll results, provided enough members answer

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Disclaimer: that's my opinion.. reality is in the poll results, provided enough members answer

No, it's not. Reality is in the board stats. The poll is a collection of opinions that may or may not reflect reality.

ygolo

My termites win
I don't know how the databse is organized, but would a query of the posts in the last 3 months, checking the type of the post of the poster and getting a count (using "GROUP BY" or whatever) be terribly difficult?

Sometimes it just seems like when we do introspective things like this, the actual data would be really interesting.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No, it's not. Reality is in the board stats. Poll is a collection of opinions that may or may not reflect reality.
A good poll takes into account the opinions of those polled, and may so be reliable and gather all sorts of opinions - not just those narrowly intended by a lone member. I don't realistically expect this poll to excite everyone so that they'll vote. It'll still utilize different interpretations of "influence": someone might have felt pressured by a particular group of people type X, making them feel the type X has been the influential one. Someone might feel a particular type has been particularly effective in shaping the styles of communication in here. This poll tries to capture exactly that, and the issues covered in the OP.

Surely by the definition of "influence" you'll see you're wrong right from the start, to continue with your "corrective" attitude :dry: Correct first, then see who needs correcting :)

It doesn't require influence to be able to 1) open up an account in here, 2) to state one's type in the type box, 3) start some threads, 4) post some messages.

A type being merely mentioned might not be indicative of it's influence on the board. There are several methods by which this could happen.

That's why opinion poll instead of a database search.

Opinion poll is subject to other kinds of problems, mainly from biased sample. Bias can be lessened by choosing a neutral introduction to the survey, as I have done. Some people recognize my name, which might lead to some bias. Bias might come from choosing a sub-forum favored by particular kinds of persons, too.

I acknowledge these and many other problems of opinion polling, so you'll do well to acknowledge problems with your suggested method, provided you know even a bit of research methods and the theory and practice behind them. Your naive solution suggests otherwise.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
(--) well that's rude. Not much of an inventor then, aint they ?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
don't worry- he's just bitter because he couldn't cut it as an ENTP ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Just curious about how you would measure something like "Person X did contribute something". I guess the perception of things is different in every single person and therefore one contributes something to the understanding of the MBTI for another person that would be not seen as contribute by a third person.

Overall there are less facts or evidence according MBTI theory, so it overall just exists as a thought model and it needs to be developed through ideas and understood through experience.

But do go on. We will take the best DNA of the "contributors" and let them tell us, what the world is for

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought of staying on the forum for few years and keeping track of the types that get the most attention at any one time, four times a year.

Consider it an extension to political polling - just that politics in here depend more on type than anything else. I'm not seeking the "best" type in any regard; rather, for good or bad, what type has caught the most interest of MBTIc members?

[Keeping in mind the past 3 months, what type has influenced the discussions on MBTI Central the most?

A type that has been examined, discussed, praised or loathed, any type that has just stirred the discussion. It might have been because of it's popularity, or the lack of it. It might have been because we know so much about them, or not much at all, making it an example of the "unknown". It might be influential because of a lot of posting by persons of that type, or because a lot of the posts are made about them. It might be a type that doesn't get mentioned often, but still defines our conversation: we're not that type. It might be a type we're glad to talk about, or a type we'd gladly forget by now.

What is your answer?

You are asking too many different questions which are unrelated.

Also, what's the point?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ :yes: by some of those questions I'd have to say ESFJ from the amount of loathing that's tossed thier direction on this forum! :devil:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^ :yes: by some of those questions I'd have to say ESFJ from the amount of loathing that's tossed thier direction on this forum! :devil:

you mean they are useful as a vent, if you yourself had a bad day ? :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
(--) well that's rude. Not much of an inventor then, aint they ?!
Offense wasn't my intention. I meant to convey my idea of the change in influence in the last 3 months. I couldn't easily find those up- and -down arrows they use in sales charts and such; sales up by this and that, sales down by this and that.

I didn't have to mention it was my opinion?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Offense wasn't my intention. I meant to convey my idea of the change in influence in the last 3 months. I couldn't easily find those up- and -down arrows they use in sales charts and such; sales up by this and that, sales down by this and that.

I didn't have to mention it was my opinion?

The intention is cool. I just lack to see values that could be measured.