• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are your type-related "harmless jokes" really as funny as you think?

heart

heart on fire
But on that topic, do you know any extraverts who were abused?

Yes, I know two ESTP who were. One was quiet and suffered with extreme social anxiety until reached his late teens then blossomed into his true extroverted self.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I had an abusive childhood and the positive thing I learned from it was that I have the responsibility to take care of myself, something I shouldn't have had to do, and couldn't, as a child.

Humorously saying that I was probably abused BECAUSE I was an INFP, rather than that it turned me into one!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But on that topic, do you know any extraverts who were abused?

Well I guess I wont beat my child that much, like I was beaten, when being a child. Guess it pretty much depends on the Point of View you look at it from.

I learned my dad's ISTP view very good and I think he is right about those things that a child HAS to be beaten, to become normal.

But I think that is one of the reasons I better never have childs. I do not have the stones to beat people who are weaker than me. My child probably is going to dance on his dads nose.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Yes, I know two ESTP who were. One was quiet and suffered with extreme social anxiety until reached his late teens then blossomed into his true extroverted self.

How interesting.. I usually think being abused would be an introverts thing.. but an ESTP?

I had an abusive childhood and the positive thing I learned from it was that I have the responsibility to take care of myself, something I shouldn't have had to do, and couldn't, as a child.

Humorously saying that I was probably abused BECAUSE I was an INFP, rather than that it turned me into one!

Anja I didn't know!! :hug:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
That's sooovery Northern European of you Entropie. Beat a kid for his own good. . . ;)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
AHHH entropie too?? hug fest!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

But I don't agree that children need to be beaten...thats silly.

heart

heart on fire
How interesting.. I usually think being abused would be an introverts thing.. but an ESTP?

I'm curious how a child's preference for introversion or extroversion would affect how abusive the parent would be. Parents abuse children because of their own issues and failings not the child's. The child comes into a pre-existing situation.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Thats from me failing to understand abuse heart, forgive me.

I usually think of a child being abused because he or she is misunderstood. Introverts are usually misunderstood. See how I made the connection? But you are most certainly right, and I am more than happy to adjust my view of abuse because of that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm curious how a child's preference for introversion or extroversion would affect how abusive the parent would be. Parents abuse children because of their own issues and failings not the child's. The child comes into a pre-existing situation.

I dont know, but I think a persons personality is there from birth. You can just beat an extroverted person that much, so that he becomes an unhealthy introvert that perceives life at an extrovert standard and is in need of a person afterwards to show him who he really is.

I think personality is inborn. But that's just my opinion.

I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

My father today, being a great man, has told me that he had beaten me too much. I firstly was surprised about it, because I never thought that he had. What means I have forgotten about it. But he had, he could have talked to me about most of the things instead of beating, I would've listened.

But what the heck, I feel good. I am an alcoholic nowadays and got serious emotional problems. What do you want to have more ?! Besides a perfectly normal human being :D

heart

heart on fire
Thats from me failing to understand abuse heart, forgive me.

I usually think of a child being abused because he or she is misunderstood. Introverts are usually misunderstood. See how I made the connection? But you are most certainly right, and I am more than happy to adjust my view of abuse because of that.

Children are usually abused because their parents are too immature in their own development to handle the stress of parenthood and adult responsiblity. They seek a scapegoat to vent their rage and frustration on. Also poor boundary development on the part of the parent can lead to emotional or physical incest as well. The parent has trouble differentiating the child from their own body. The child is seem as a mere projection of the parent. But any child that is abused will feel misunderstood, even the extroverts I would think.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
All I was saying is that when people spew the same thing at you over and over it wastes your life--sarah wants people to either come up with new jokes or stop repping her things she's heard 10 billion times as an SF on a board filled with NTs.

! :D !

And I fell off your damn soap. It was slippery.

Actualy, I hadn't meant to maek this a thread just about me. I'm sick of all the lame, repetitive insults lobbed at all the other types too.

Basically, here's what I wanted to say in a nutshell:

• witty constructive criticism = good (even if painful)
  • recycling lame jokes that were never funny to begin with = boring and annoying.
  • mean-spirited comments said just because the poster likes being mean = pointless and hurtful to some people
  • thinking about how your comments may be received by the person you're replying to = a wise move

There. Is that so bad, everyone?

Sarah

heart

heart on fire
I dont know, but I think a persons personality is there from birth. You can just beat an extroverted person that much, so that he becomes an unhealthy introvert that perceives life at an extrovert standard and is in need of a person afterwards to show him who he really is.

Yes, social anxiety not the same as introversion.

I do too.

I would raise my child to the best of my knowledge and I would never beat him or her. I havent got the temperament needed for that.

My father today, being a great man, has told me that he had beaten me too much. I firstly was surprised about it, because I never thought that he had. What means I have forgotten about it. But he had, he could have talked to me about most of the things instead of beating, I would've listened.

But what the heck, I feel good. I am an alcoholic nowadays and got serious emotional problems. What do you want to have more ?! Besides a perfectly normal human being :D

:hug:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I get such comments frequently, uh Fi isn't exactly everyone's personal favorite nor is INFP... and I agreed with her, so am not sure your counterpoint really invalidates her opinion.

Yeah, okay, heart, I get your point. I'm not much fun on this list. Sorry.

Sarah

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm just curious.

If Sarah changed her type code from SF to NT without any change in her personality or posting style, would anybody be bothering her?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well since you insist! :tongue:
Family-Guy---Stewie-You-Suck-Poster-C10301869.jpeg

Psssht. Lame. That's not type-specific. Everybody sucks!

Bet you baked brownies this weekend and have 200 count, 100 % cotton sateen sheets! (okay, that's the best ISFP stereotype I can do at the moment)

Baked? Me? I did actually use the oven this morning. I re-heated the Pizza Hut pizza and wings I got delivered last night. The wings got stuck to the aluminum foil and had a layer of burnt foil on them that I had to cut off with a knife before I ate them.

I just checked the sheet I currently have over my legs and it's 60 cotton, 40 poly. It's a Batman sheet. :cheese:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

Given all that you've endured you don't appear mean spirited at all to me. I say appear because we only see what you allow us to see. As for the drinking, well we all have things that get us through. Just keep an eye out for your liver
Psssht. Lame. That's not type-specific. Everybody sucks!
This is true, but more importantly who is the sucker and who is the suckee? I need more information/entertainment plz.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Jeffster? Will you please describe your legs to me? In detail? ;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe we should start an abused kid's club on some thread. . .

Edit: See, I probably wouldn't have made that lewd remark to Jeffster (or suggested that Peguy become a priest) if I hadn't been abused.