• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

are your type-related "harmless jokes" really as funny as you think?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah I first heard this joke years ago when I was an atheist. Even then I was disturbed by the thought of someone wanting to have sex with a nun. :confused:

That's just because it would be impossible. But noone does REEAAALLLYYY think such things :).

--------

What I do not understand according to biases against anything. Why should someone care ?

I thought so many times about changing my type into ESTP or into INFP or into INTJ for a time also. But it would've made no difference in how people would react to me.

I think, someone who has a problem with bias against their type, CAN have also an issue with him or her himself/herself.

Because I do not need to defend myself. I am, who I am, if you like it or not :).

But I guess that's a Leo thing.

S

Sniffles

That's just because it would be impossible. But noone does REEAAALLLYYY think such things :).

I disagree. I remember years ago hearing about a man up for parole over his crime of raping a nun.

heart

heart on fire
I always thought it was ISFP INFJ... heart is admitting to being a hippy here i think :)

INFJ aren't all that hippish I don't think.

ISFP like their creature comforts.

Both have Se.

I would think INP most the likely hippies.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I disagree. I remember years ago hearing about a man up for parole over his crime of raping a nun.

Aiii ya, that is bad. But you have to differentiate. To make a joke about the impossible is far away from raping a person. But you are right some jokes better dont be made. But on the other hand we couldnt make any jokes no more, if we knew they better be not made. So fairly said: Expect a strong and healthy morale from my side if I make bad jokes :)

heart

heart on fire

Rape is beyond the pale.

But on the subject of nuns and priests I'll admit to finding both The Thornbirds and The Piercing fascinating reading. :blush:

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
INFJ aren't all that hippish I don't think.

ISFP like their creature comforts.

Both have Se.

I would think INP most the likely hippies.

Though I see your point, I would see having Se as helping my argument.. Hippies still care about comforts... They overindulge in drugs and sex...and yeah. :huh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Though I see your point, I would see having Se as helping my argument.. Hippies still care about comforts... They overindulge in drugs and sex...and yeah. :huh:

Some hippies maybe, never have to forget that.

It's always a tough call to adress a whole thing. Most of the germans for example think, the americans are stupid. But noone told them that there are like 240 million of them :D

S

Sniffles

Perhaps a distinction should be made between the hippies who are largely concentrate on drugs and sex, and the college "know it all" hippies who actually believe the BS hype about peace and brotherhod and blah blah blah.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's the balancing spot for me:

How much am I willing to give in considering type as an excuse for bad behavior?

I personally won't use my type as an excuse because I think it's a copout. That has not always been true.

I don't expect anyone to change to make me more comfortable but I recognize that I have the right, and for my wellness's sake, the obligation to ask that I receive respect. And to give it.

If it gets too out of balance then it is time for me to move over.

Keeping that balance is my responsibility to myself.

heart

heart on fire
One doesn't have to be a hippie to be a libertine. But were all hippies libertines?

I am not a hippie nor a libertine.

But I did like reading about Priests being seduced...

The BBC had a great series at one time about a nun called "Body and Soul"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
One doesn't have to be a hippie to be a libertine. But were all hippies libertines?

I am not a hippie nor a libertine.

:wubbie: :D

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I wonder if its a good or bad thing that a srs thread like this turns into a discussion about nuns.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I pray to god, if he grants me a little daughter with my INFJ one day that she will be INFP :D

S

Sniffles

Well I guess this helps explain why NFPs are usually the ones most insistant about me becoming a priest.

I wonder if its a good or bad thing that a srs thread like this turns into a discussion about nuns.

Reminds me of one discussion on another forum about whether or not a certain should be banned. I added my two cents, and soon afterwards it turned into a discussion about the causes of the Civil War. I have that effect on threads I guess. :blush:

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
:huh: how's that going to change their preferences? I know an ISTJ who was abused as a child.

That wasn't serious, but now I feel like an ass for making such a joke :puppy_dog_eyes:

But on that topic, do you know any extraverts who were abused?

Reminds me of one discussion on another forum about whether or not a certain should be banned. I added my two cents, and soon afterwards it turned into a discussion about the causes of the Civil War. I have that effect on threads I guess. :blush:

Is it ok if i blame you for the direction this thread has gone in then?