User Tag List

Default Parapsychology and anomalistic psychology

Has anyone read much about this? Its a topic I've gotten interested in lately, while its a diversion in many ways from other stuff I should be reading and learning instead I do find it pretty interesting and compelling, the general shift or trend seems to be towards studying paranormal phenomenon as phenomenon of the mind and behaviour.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Has anyone read much about this? Its a topic I've gotten interested in lately, while its a diversion in many ways from other stuff I should be reading and learning instead I do find it pretty interesting and compelling, the general shift or trend seems to be towards studying paranormal phenomenon as phenomenon of the mind and behaviour.
    Sure. I've read books and other papers here and there. All seem to speak about different things to say the same thing basically.

You'll need to be more specific though.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Sure. I've read books and other papers here and there. All seem to speak about different things to say the same thing basically.

You'll need to be more specific though.
    And what is that?

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And what is that?
    phenomenon of the mind and behaviour
    ^
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'd recommend books from various remote viewers like Joe McMoneagle and Russell Targ. Rupert Sheldrake's another good one. These people try to explain clairvoyance/psychic phenomenon using the language of science.

From Targ's "Limitless Mind":

Nonlocality is a property of both time and space. In a vivid example of nonlocality, studies of identical twins who
    were separated at birth and reared apart show that the twins share striking similarities in their tastes, interests,
    spouses, experiences, and professions, beyond what one could reasonably ascribe to their common DNA. One
    famous set of twins reared far apart were both named Jim by their adoptive parents. Although they never
    communicated, each twin married a woman named Betty, divorced her, and then married a woman named Linda.
    They were both firemen, and each had felt a compulsion to build a circular white bench around a tree in his
    backyard just before coming to their first meeting at the University of Minnesota. I can believe that there might be
    fireman genes, or music genes, but I don't believe that there are Linda genes, Betty genes, or white bench genes.
    This looks to me like a nonlocal telepathic connection - inexplicable, but real.
    May I suggest smartphones that let you easily swap batteries or alternatively, a connector that lets you attach a back-up battery? Having to charge the phone daily is somewhat of a pain.
    Likes Powehi, Lark liked this post

There are more thing in the heavens and on earth than are dreamed of in your philosophies my dear Horatio
    The Sleeper must awaken...
    Likes Lark liked this post