• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Parapsychology and anomalistic psychology

Lark

Has anyone read much about this? Its a topic I've gotten interested in lately, while its a diversion in many ways from other stuff I should be reading and learning instead I do find it pretty interesting and compelling, the general shift or trend seems to be towards studying paranormal phenomenon as phenomenon of the mind and behaviour.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Has anyone read much about this? Its a topic I've gotten interested in lately, while its a diversion in many ways from other stuff I should be reading and learning instead I do find it pretty interesting and compelling, the general shift or trend seems to be towards studying paranormal phenomenon as phenomenon of the mind and behaviour.

Sure. I've read books and other papers here and there. All seem to speak about different things to say the same thing basically.

You'll need to be more specific though.

Lark

Sure. I've read books and other papers here and there. All seem to speak about different things to say the same thing basically.

You'll need to be more specific though.

And what is that?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd recommend books from various remote viewers like Joe McMoneagle and Russell Targ. Rupert Sheldrake's another good one. These people try to explain clairvoyance/psychic phenomenon using the language of science.

From Targ's "Limitless Mind":

Nonlocality is a property of both time and space. In a vivid example of nonlocality, studies of identical twins who
were separated at birth and reared apart show that the twins share striking similarities in their tastes, interests,
spouses, experiences, and professions, beyond what one could reasonably ascribe to their common DNA. One
famous set of twins reared far apart were both named Jim by their adoptive parents. Although they never
communicated, each twin married a woman named Betty, divorced her, and then married a woman named Linda.
They were both firemen, and each had felt a compulsion to build a circular white bench around a tree in his
backyard just before coming to their first meeting at the University of Minnesota. I can believe that there might be
fireman genes, or music genes, but I don't believe that there are Linda genes, Betty genes, or white bench genes.
This looks to me like a nonlocal telepathic connection - inexplicable, but real.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
There are more thing in the heavens and on earth than are dreamed of in your philosophies my dear Horatio