• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Neurotransmitters and Cognitive Functions (hypothesis)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I have a hypothesis regarding neurotransmitters and cognitive functions.

The hypothesis basically states that each of the neurotransmitters of dopamine, serotonin, glutamate and GABA are connected to the use of different cognitive functions.

The connection is as follows:

Dopamine: extroverted perception, Ne and Se
Serotonin: extroverted judgment, Fe and Te
Glutamate: introverted perception, Ni and Si
GABA: introverted judgment, Fi and Ti

An easy preliminary test for this, if we have the data for it, is to determine if there are two classes of each neurotransmitter such that high levels of one indicate low levels of the other. For instance, if ionotropic and metabotropic glutamate levels are anti-correlated when measured in people, then this would provide supporting evidence for my hypothesis.

If you have a decent knowledge of the effects of neurotransmitters, do you think my hypothesis is reasonable?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=40267]ısoprene[/MENTION] you might be interested in this.