• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Love Languages & Self Care

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you employ your love languages when practicing self care?

(Words of affirmation, physical touch - maybe giving yourself a foot massage?, gifts, acts of service - maybe doing something unpleasant that you can then enjoy the benefit of?, quality time)

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not consciously, but I suppose I do a bit now that you mention it. If self care can be unconscious. :huh:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not consciously, but I suppose I do a bit now that you mention it. If self care can be unconscious. :huh:

I think it could... It could be what you reach for to make yourself feel better whether you consciously think about it or not...

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good question.

I usually test as "words of affirmation" being my highest, but while I do love it from other people, I don't think it really helps me in the long-run. I don't really ever give myself words of affirmation because I never believe it coming from me, that's why I appreciate it from others.

I like physical touch a lot too, and I definitely self-pleasure a lot when I'm not feeling great.

I've noticed that I buy myself shit as "self-care." Mainly in the form of good food. So that's probably most effective of the five for me.

The other two are really irrelevant to me, as far as I know.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to neglect myself, but yeah. If I do acts of service that benefit me, I do feel better now that you mention it. Its in part with my coping mechanisms too.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Good question.

I usually test as "words of affirmation" being my highest, but while I do love it from other people, I don't think it really helps me in the long-run. I don't really ever give myself words of affirmation because I never believe it coming from me, that's why I appreciate it from others.

I like physical touch a lot too, and I definitely self-pleasure a lot when I'm not feeling great.

I've noticed that I buy myself shit as "self-care." Mainly in the form of good food. So that's probably most effective of the five for me.

The other two are really irrelevant to me, as far as I know.

I am words of affirmation as well, and agree with all your points. i don't find it helps me in the long run for the same reasons.

When i am under great stress physical touch makes me bristle. ( my second love language)

buying myself stuff, ( random antiques , crystals, books) lighting candles and listening to music act as self care for me. The more eccentric the moment the better i feel.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My top love languages are quality time and gift giving, and it makes sense. Whenever I'm feeling down, one of my first thoughts is, "Why not do something new?". So I try to take up a new hobby of some sorts, usually something creative, really try to do something with my time. I push myself to initiate things more and say, "Hey, we should go out for lunch!" For gift giving, I try not to buy myself too many things but I do love to window shop and see all the weird stuff out there).

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Acts of service and quality time. I pull away from everyone else (quality time) and get some stuff done- so I suppose yes? I get my favourite food, but I think that's more acts of service than gifts since it's if I can make it myself I do.

I think I employ acts of service + quality time most. I still see solitude (given or taken myself) as the best gift. On my own birthday I isolate for the entire day as a gift to myself.

fatgurl

ARMY
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
My top love language is quality time...I spend a lot of time alone and immerse myself in all the things I love doing. Thinking about things in my life and how I can improve myself.

Gifts, hmm...I don't really buy myself things as gifts.

Physical touch, I don't really do at all for myself. I did sometimes with meditation-videos but overall it's not really something I turn to. I prefer it from someone else.

And I think I do acts of service for myself sometimes.

When it comes to words of affirmation, that is a big one in self-care for me. I realize how much I love it from other people. However, it wasn't healthy to rely on other people for that so I started doing it for me. I still love it more from other people though.