• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teh lol.

Does YourLocalJesus have asperger syndrome?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other (write)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Removed post

Last edited:

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I recieved a 37 on the same test. I too was suprised and started reading up about it. I share many of those traits that you listed, yeah...so now what?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm diagnosed with it, but I think I more likely have Schizoid PD.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recieved a 37 on the same test. I too was suprised and started reading up about it. I share many of those traits that you listed, yeah...so now what?

Don't know. I'll want to do some research on my own, then i'll go and see my GP about it, maybe he knows where I can get a diagnosis if I have it or not.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this Asperger syndrome? Do I have it...?

Who of you out there have the same problem?

My 21 year old brother James has it and he's a huge advocate for educating those with it and those close to them. He's researched and led educational organizations and lectured all over the U.S. about his condition. He's a special education major at Sam Houston State University and he could definitely help you out if you have a serious concern.

Here's one of his informational links, his contact info is at the bottom. If you decide to contact him, let him know his big sister sent you his way; it'll help. ;) Best of luck to you sir!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sure if I wanted to, I could find several "syndromes" or "disorders" to say I have. But what's the point?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would just like to find out. I don't have any problems with it as far as I can tell, but it would be nice to have an answer to why I am the way I am. Are you not curious about your quirks, Jeff?

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
There's a very good novel about a teenage boy with Asperger's called 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time', which although obviously fiction, is very informative about the condition itself.

I have a friend whom I'm convinced has Asperger's Syndrome. He is unbelievably intelligent, has a PhD in Maths, but cannot empathise with anyone or anything and says he sees in shapes.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Google provided an html link that I can't link to you it seems, but there's an Adobe file I can provide.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would just like to find out. I don't have any problems with it as far as I can tell, but it would be nice to have an answer to why I am the way I am. Are you not curious about it, Jeff?

Maybe Asperger syndrome, like ADD, doesn't really exist, but is rather a set of personality traits that are deviant from the norm.

And a syndrome is just a collection of symptoms, but it doesn't necessarily imply disorder.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm sure if I wanted to, I could find several "syndromes" or "disorders" to say I have. But what's the point?
The point is that, if it is interfering with your life, you can get help for it so your life and function can improve. Or really, for an adult on the spectrum, you could probably help yourself a lot by reading materials on improving social skills and communication, if you felt it would improve your life.

In the case of younger kids, esp in school, there are therapies that can be very helpful in helping them interface more effectively. Speech/communication therapy, occupational therapy, some minor accommodations and some awareness on the part of teachers and students can make a world of difference.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would just like to find out. I don't have any problems with it as far as I can tell, but it would be nice to have an answer to why I am the way I am. Are you not curious about your quirks, Jeff?

Well, sure, but that's what all this MBTI bullcrap is for. It sounds better to say "I'm ISFP" than "I have Aimless Hyper Emo Syndrome." :newwink:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, sure, but that's what all this MBTI bullcrap is for. It sounds better to say "I'm ISFP" than "I have Aimless Hyper Emo Syndrome." :newwink:

:D But I believe ENTJ is too non-specific to describe certain aspects of a personality. I am inclined to think that Uber have a point about some things aren't necessary disorders, just symptoms which are put under a specific label. While i'm not generally a fan of negative labels, it might help other people understand why I am the way I am. I'm in no way dysfunctional, but i'd like a diagnose anyway, so that I can improve on things even more than I already have :)

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??

If someone was into gathering labels for themselves like boy scout badges, I couldn't see a point either. It may be that you could be assessed as having numerous disorders...if you choose not to use that information to address the problem, well that's your business. For myself and perhaps the OP, it may go a long way towards understanding some difficult interactions that we have experienced during our lives. Getting a professional read on it may help me learn how to better live a productive life....I sure don't want to have another problem to deal with, but deal I will if it can help me move forward. here is a link to information on that particular test YLJ.

http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/docs/papers/2001_BCetal_AQ.pdf

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The biggest no-sayer fact, in my opinion, is that the PDF that you, hirsch, linked to says that people with aspergers generally suffer from lack of imagination... I surely don't. I've got too much of it, to say the least.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that when people describe Asperger's being an impairment of imagination is inaccurate and somewhat insulting, particularly since the majority of the historical figures speculated to have it (Isaac Newton, Lewis Carol, Hans Christen Andersen, and so forth) were known for the exact opposite.

I think perhaps this apparent lack of imagination in ASD cases has more to do with their trouble with expressing it (if they are so inclined).

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
I believe it is an assessment for a number of asperger-type or associated disorders, so perhaps you or I may would not test as asperger specifically?

On the other hand, I make things for a living. But I am not "creative" in a true sense. Sure I can take other things and re-create them exactly or use already created elements to achieve a design...but coming up with something original out of the box, I find that frustrating. I used to be a musician years ago as well. I could imitate very well but was frustrated by my inability to find an authentic voice.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that when people describe Asperger's being an impairment of imagination is inaccurate and somewhat insulting, particularly since the majority of the historical figures speculated to have it (Isaac Newton, Lewis Carol, Hans Christen Andersen, and so forth) were known for the exact opposite.

I think perhaps this apparent lack of imagination in ASD cases has more to do with their trouble with expressing it.

Never had any trouble with that either... Maybe just getting it out in the "right" way so that others understand it.

I believe it is an assessment for a number of asperger-type or associated disorders, so perhaps you or I may would not test as asperger specifically?

On the other hand, I make things for a living. But I am not "creative" in a true sense. Sure I can take other things and re-create them exactly or use already created elements to achieve a design...but coming up with something original out of the box, I find that frustrating. I used to be a musician years ago as well. I could imitate very well but was frustrated by my inability to find an authentic voice.

I've never had any trouble with that... I'm kind of good at imagining up entire fictional worlds that doesn't look anything like Tolkien or the like... When I sing though, I tend to imitate :D But i'm a crappy singer and my inner sensotard really makes me a crappy instrumentalist... ;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
One thing that really threw me off on that Aspergers test was imagining what characters look like in stories.

I can imagine a lot of things well, but I cannot imagine faces, no matter how hard I try. So I marked no. Kind of makes me wonder, though. Can anyone else actually imagine fresh, new faces?