• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does clothing style tells about your type?

PaRkristol

MBTI Type
TRBI
I prefer wearing black clothes
I don't even know why do I do this
It's more comfortable when I wear exactly black clothes, it gives me a little bit of self-confidence
Anyone else?
By the way, do you wear clothes of the latest trends on it doesn't matter to you what brand/year the clothe is?

á´…eparted

passages
I have very light hair and complexion, so black is by far the best color for me to wear. It's not all I wear, but I almost always wear a black shirt as a base and build dark colors around that. If I wore light or pastel colors I'd look like the easter bunny had vomited me up after going on a petunia binge. Blegh.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I wear a lot of navy or dark blue. I usually pair that with black and gray. Gray is like a security blanket for me but I've tried to get a little more variety to pair with it like green or even red. I don't like prints much but I will go that route with shoes or a sweater, occasionally.

rav3n

Love black, particularly the monochromatic look. During the winter, I'll often wear a black sweater, black jeans, black boots and a dark charcoal cashmere long coat with black leather gloves.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Most of my wardrobe is black but I think I'm just going to start wearing tin foil now. I'm not young enough for Saran wrap.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
unknown.png

I'm drawn to clothes in those colors in particular. I don't care what the current trends are, beyond being able to buy something I like. I tend to be picky about colors. If I go to a store like TJMaxx or something where there are racks and racks of clothes, I can just walk through and pretty much get a good idea of whether I even want to bother with looking more closely at something by the color that is showing on the sleeve. I'm a sucker for particular colors and textures, and vintage style, though I don't wear that very often.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a strong tendency towards bright/intense clothing? I don't really have much of an inclination towards "aesthetic" and generally abhor shopping for clothing because the concept of looking at clothes and finding them "attractive" or even picking something you "like" is kind of foreign/difficult to me. What I tend to wear either falls into the category of "this looks comfortable" or some conflation with an object of clothing "sticking out above the rest" with "being attracted to that article of clothing," so my wardrobe tends to be saturated with color. I think I may lean towards yellow and blue as choices, though I definitely have a wardrobe with every color of the rainbow in it.

Long answer short, I like colors and my "style" has on multiple occasions been considered to be "tacky." I guess i may stay away from reds/pinks purely because I have rosacea/eczema. I really have no concept of the trend, so I don't think I follow it (or at least I don't think I really build an aesthetic consciously).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My performing wardrobe is black, but I like all colors. I have a kinda hippie wardrobe. It's mostly bohemian with a little Goth splashes. Stevie Nicks would dig it.

For my complexion and features, I avoid overly bright colors and patterns.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I don't even know what clothes of the latest trends are. My clothing style says that I do not give a single fuck, about anything. (Okay... I am not that cool, the truth is that I am too lazy to care. When I still went out I enjoyed putting effort into my outfits/appearance. But now, at home? Man, my roommates must wonder if I even have normal clothes. Normal = something that is not a pyjama/old shirt that serves as pyjama.)

My clothing style could also tell people that I am attached to what I already have and that I am picky about clothes too. Though... They wouldn't be able to tell that because a picky person wouldn't wear an old shirt with tiny holes in it, right? I do. Finding new clothes is hard, nothing is ever good enough. Even clothes must give me the "Aha, that is the one!" feeling. Otherwise it's not the piece of clothe for me.

This thread reminds me of the fact that I really have to go on a hunt for new clothes...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I associate trendy fashion with Se, business clothes and uniforms with Si. Ne I guess is more creative and silly. Ni gives an air of mystery and brooding, perhaps linked to a subculture. Something like that.

I wear mostly plain clothes. Black jeans and black shoes with a white or black, or sometimes grey or blue, plain shirt. I have a black hoodie and black jacket/coat that I like.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been wearing a lot of purple these days as well as combinations of greens and light blues. I like black too, but I feel like all black is kind of dull. A black graphic tee or black striped shirt with some black skinny jeans and colorful sneakers though is a look. I also have this black sweater I really like that's covered with rainbow glitter. I like a bit of jewelry too, which could be a choker, a pendant, pins, a watch-all that jazz.

Does it tell about type, meh. Black makes me think of ISxPs, but an ESFJ could be wearing all black too, you never know. Might be their favorite color. I guess I'm not too stereotypically 4 since I'm cringing at the thought of all black. I'm not sure what type my style is cause it's so varied(which could be 9), but I think attitudes towards fashion can be indicators of type. I think any type could be fashionable if they wanna be, but I think my Fi plays into my fashion sense cause I do try express myself through fashion. That could be something as simple as wearing merch of my favorite shows, or going for certain themes in my clothes(like punkish or Victorian). I've been told I have mismatched clothes by some people, but eh, I don't see it. My clothing style's been dubbed everything from Punky Brewster to punk to even old ladyish(cause of black sparkly shirts). Nowadays, I'd say it's more a nerdy chic or bohemian.

rav3n

My wardrobe consists of primarily earth tones and neutrals, with the odd jewel tone piece or something with a pattern. Today is near monochromatic creams, more focused on texture than color.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I look best in brighter (ie non-pastel) blues, aquas, greens, some fuchsia/purple colors. Black is fine; white is not a good look. I like gray but it doesn't do much for me or complement my skin color.

I have come to the conclusion though that as much as I have 'tried' over the years in terms of style, most of the time I end up looking like a librarian or just kinda geeky or plain. Or worse, like I AM trying. At my best, I can have more of an elegant, sophisticated look; but it's more common in photos of me for me to just look... not too stylish, lol. Any other attempt to veer into another sort of look just looks really contrived and dumb on me - and just isn't me, I suppose. And I don't even look casual and hip in a t-shirt and jeans. I just look ... skinny and nerdy. ha. Ah, genetics.

rav3n

I look best in brighter (ie non-pastel) blues, aquas, greens, some fuchsia/purple colors. Black is fine; white is not a good look. I like gray but it doesn't do much for me or complement my skin color.

I have come to the conclusion though that as much as I have 'tried' over the years in terms of style, most of the time I end up looking like a librarian or just kinda geeky or plain. Or worse, like I AM trying. At my best, I can have more of an elegant, sophisticated look; but it's more common in photos of me for me to just look... not too stylish, lol. Any other attempt to veer into another sort of look just looks really contrived and dumb on me - and just isn't me, I suppose. And I don't even look casual and hip in a t-shirt and jeans. I just look ... skinny and nerdy. ha. Ah, genetics.
To ramp up jeans and a t-shirt, add heels and a tailored peacoat (camel or dark charcoal grey). Something tells me that you're not someone who enjoys wearing heels.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To ramp up jeans and a t-shirt, add heels and a tailored peacoat (camel or dark charcoal grey). Something tells me that you're not someone who enjoys wearing heels.

I would feel better about a t-shirt if I actually had a curvy body, but I don't, so t-shirts just look totally unsexy and really frumpy on me instead. But, I guess I will wear tank tops and put cardigans over, so it's a similar concept. And over the past year or so I've gotten three cute blazers from online consignment shops so that's a go-to look now on the rare occasion I have somewhere to go to.

I don't mind heels - I wore them all of the time in college (as long as they were chunkier ones). I just have so little use for them anymore. I don't go out and I have to wear flats/covered shoes at work since I'm on my feet all day long. But I've never been a huge fan of spiky heels... usually they're super uncomfortable and I get blisters, etc.

rav3n

I would feel better about a t-shirt if I actually had a curvy body, but I don't, so t-shirts just look totally unsexy and really frumpy on me instead. But, I guess I will wear tank tops and put cardigans over, so it's a similar concept. And over the past year or so I've gotten three cute blazers from online consignment shops so that's a go-to look now on the rare occasion I have somewhere to go to.
Tshirts come in different fits. A body hugging but not skin tight tshirt that's not scooped too low, can add a layer of sophistication to the look.

VOLOCEAN-2018-New-Blinking-Tshirt-Women-Shiny-T-shirts-For-Women-Fashion-Long-sleeve-T-Shirt__03322.1524230268.jpg

I don't mind heels - I wore them all of the time in college (as long as they were chunkier ones). I just have so little use for them anymore. I don't go out and I have to wear flats/covered shoes at work since I'm on my feet all day long. But I've never been a huge fan of spiky heels... usually they're super uncomfortable and I get blisters, etc.
Unfortunately, jackets are often somewhat boxy so to offset, you'll need more delicate spiked heels.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tshirts come in different fits. A body hugging but not skin tight tshirt that's not scooped too low, can add a layer of sophistication to the look.

VOLOCEAN-2018-New-Blinking-Tshirt-Women-Shiny-T-shirts-For-Women-Fashion-Long-sleeve-T-Shirt__03322.1524230268.jpg

Unfortunately, jackets are often somewhat boxy so to offset, you'll need more delicate spiked heels.

:)

She's way curvier than me. :dry: But... I do like that look/cut, for sure.

I have a couple of more dainty sandals with spikier heels; maybe I'll get out once or twice this summer (lol) with the occasion to wear them.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you notice how her body's twisted? That's a photography trick to make models appear more curvy. The curves won't matter when the tshirt's layered under a jacket. Also note how she wears the tshirt so that her belt's in view because of the length of her torso. She's using the belt to cut off a long torso. If you have a short torso, don't do the same since you want to visually extend the line of your body. I have a short torso and longer legs so if belts are needed, they're the same color as my top and bottom, to avoid the cutting off effect. For that matter, under jackets, my top and bottom are the same color and my jackets, different or same colors. This ensures that the line of my body extends.

Thanks for the tips/ encouragement. :)

I actually have an exceedingly long torso which is why I feel gross/unattractive in some ways, and back when belts were in more style (remember belts over shirts?), that was my heyday probably. I still have done that since, despite out-of-style now, and my friend has complimented me when I do. I guess my ridiculously long torso makes me feel like I have no curves at all, since I may as well not in terms of viewing. ha. If my torso were 3 inches shorter I'd be more hourglass, maybe, but it's a moot point with me.

But I will take your words under advisement for sure!!!! :yes:

rav3n

Thanks for the tips/ encouragement. :)

I actually have an exceedingly long torso which is why I feel gross/unattractive in some ways, and back when belts were in more style (remember belts over shirts?), that was my heyday probably. I still have done that since, despite out-of-style now, and my friend has complimented me when I do. I guess my ridiculously long torso makes me feel like I have no curves at all, since I may as well not in terms of viewing. ha. If my torso were 3 inches shorter I'd be more hourglass, maybe, but it's a moot point with me.

But I will take your words under advisement for sure!!!! :yes:
Since high waisted pants are back in style and if you don't wish to wear a belt, wear a different color top and bottom and it'll have the same effect. IMO, there's nothing wrong with your physical attributes. You just need a few fashion tips and some support, to offset your internal critic. :hug: