User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    TRBI

Default Does clothing style tells about your type?

I prefer wearing black clothes
    I don't even know why do I do this
    It's more comfortable when I wear exactly black clothes, it gives me a little bit of self-confidence
    Anyone else?
    By the way, do you wear clothes of the latest trends on it doesn't matter to you what brand/year the clothe is?

I have very light hair and complexion, so black is by far the best color for me to wear. It's not all I wear, but I almost always wear a black shirt as a base and build dark colors around that. If I wore light or pastel colors I'd look like the easter bunny had vomited me up after going on a petunia binge. Blegh.
    It is our duty to create meaning.

If only it were that simple.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I wear a lot of navy or dark blue. I usually pair that with black and gray. Gray is like a security blanket for me but I've tried to get a little more variety to pair with it like green or even red. I don't like prints much but I will go that route with shoes or a sweater, occasionally.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Love black, particularly the monochromatic look. During the winter, I'll often wear a black sweater, black jeans, black boots and a dark charcoal cashmere long coat with black leather gloves.

I prefer darker intense colors and earth tones.
    I am The Cat; who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me...
    The Cat is a fey, mercurial thing, given to fits of pique, moody silences, and eerie displays.

But it's just the price I pay
    Destiny is calling me
    Open up my eager eyes
    'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside...

Most of my wardrobe is black but I think I'm just going to start wearing tin foil now. I'm not young enough for Saran wrap.
    Likes Population: 1, awbro liked this post

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

I'm drawn to clothes in those colors in particular. I don't care what the current trends are, beyond being able to buy something I like. I tend to be picky about colors. If I go to a store like TJMaxx or something where there are racks and racks of clothes, I can just walk through and pretty much get a good idea of whether I even want to bother with looking more closely at something by the color that is showing on the sleeve. I'm a sucker for particular colors and textures, and vintage style, though I don't wear that very often.
    Likes Jazzy Orchid, Neal Caffreynated liked this post

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have a strong tendency towards bright/intense clothing? I don't really have much of an inclination towards "aesthetic" and generally abhor shopping for clothing because the concept of looking at clothes and finding them "attractive" or even picking something you "like" is kind of foreign/difficult to me. What I tend to wear either falls into the category of "this looks comfortable" or some conflation with an object of clothing "sticking out above the rest" with "being attracted to that article of clothing," so my wardrobe tends to be saturated with color. I think I may lean towards yellow and blue as choices, though I definitely have a wardrobe with every color of the rainbow in it.

Long answer short, I like colors and my "style" has on multiple occasions been considered to be "tacky." I guess i may stay away from reds/pinks purely because I have rosacea/eczema. I really have no concept of the trend, so I don't think I follow it (or at least I don't think I really build an aesthetic consciously).

“My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert
    | 6w5 3w4 9w1 sp/so |

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

My performing wardrobe is black, but I like all colors. I have a kinda hippie wardrobe. It's mostly bohemian with a little Goth splashes. Stevie Nicks would dig it.

For my complexion and features, I avoid overly bright colors and patterns.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey
    Likes awbro liked this post

There’s supposedly a whole psychology behind colors. Black for instance projects power and an air of mystery but also a degree of being closed off. A majority of my wardrobe is black. I just think it looks sharp.

Other colors include dark blues (although I like a nice cobalt blue), grays, and the occasional green or red shirt. Mostly it’s a rather subdued palette.

Not sure how that pertains to type.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes The Cat liked this post