• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does clothing style tells about your type?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm really appreciating casual pants and flip flop weather. That's not exciting but it was jeans and Wellies for the last few weeks.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:)

She's way curvier than me. :dry: But... I do like that look/cut, for sure.

I have a couple of more dainty sandals with spikier heels; maybe I'll get out once or twice this summer (lol) with the occasion to wear them.
A lot of long john tops have that sort of cut. Hanging out at home all day I mostly wear a pair of long johns day and night. I sometimes throw a T-shirt over the top like I'm back int he '90's. That particular cut does make one look curvier. I'm not curvy and it brings out what I have. :)

You mentioned the long torso look, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I think it's a ballet based shape and can be very elegant. I've seen some ballet dancers with very long limbs, necks, and torsos and it looks really cool. I don't have one visual ideal for people because I also think that the voluptuous look is beautiful among others.

People seem like sculptures to me, so rather than a particular ideal, it has more to do with how a person is put together. The downside to seeing things that way is that when I have a visual element that is off from the overall form in myself, I get fixated and overly depressed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a cute little retro outfit I mostly got at thrift stores, but did buy the gogo boots new. I like the top because it's all crazy fun with lots of colors and fringe, but it is still somehow a bit gentle visually.

It can be hard to see the attachments on phones, so I'll include a link as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cute Dress Retro Anonymous.jpg
    Cute Dress Retro Anonymous.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 70

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Of course, it's common knowledge all ENTPs wear top hats and capes :smoke:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I don't wear black nearly as much as I used to. I go for low key earthtones, nothing bright or bold. Also specific shades of purple...muted, but not light like pastels. I never wear pastels. I feel like earthtones suit my personality more than black and I think black is too harsh on my complexion. I still wear it sometimes though. I gravitate toward greys a lot though, it's probably my favorite (in general)...especially when paired with brown accessories. I use brown as an accent color a lot in place of black...like bracelets, shoes, belts, etc. I also like fall weather clothes.

b72a58681329ac6723aca086c04aafb6.jpg
7457f9158cf326e59cb15367a2de0aa2.png

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I wear clothes 50% based on utility, 30% based on comfort, 20% based on my own authentic aesthetics.

Most of the time I try wearing something that includes all those elements. I have no problem wearing something ugly if it does the job.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to wear mostly neutral or dark colors. Most of my wardrobe is black, white, tan, dark red, dark green, shades of gray (not 50 though), because I think they fit my complexion and hair/eye color well; also, they're easy to match between themselves and also with other colors
Other colors I wear, even if less often, are pink, light blue, light green. I also have some orange and yellow clothes but I hardly ever put them on because they don't really fit me
As for patterns, I love floral, stripes and plaid and those are pretty much the only stuff I have in my wardrobe other than plain clothes
It's important for me that my tops, bottoms, shoes and accessories fit altogether and that they create a sort of harmony both in color and in shape, and that's why I try to never put more than one brighter color in my outfits, accompanied by no more than two darker or more neutral ones together. Many bright colors together work well on some people, but I don't think they do on me and therefore I always try to keep it simple, chromatically speaking. As for shape, I always try to put on something that emphasizes what I like about my appearance
As for trends, I keep myself informed on them, but I only follow the ones I actually like. If something is considered an anti-trend but I still like it, I'll wear it despite it being an anti-trend

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I prefer wearing black clothes
I don't even know why do I do this
It's more comfortable when I wear exactly black clothes, it gives me a little bit of self-confidence
Anyone else?

I like simple and dark colors. Black, white, browns, forest green, navy blue, maroon, etc. However, white and yellow look quite nice with my skin tone so I do wear those colors often despite not being attracted to them.

I don't like wearing anything too fancy but things that aren't ripped, dirty, anything along those lines.

Nothing really gives me self-confidence, though.

By the way, do you wear clothes of the latest trends on it doesn't matter to you what brand/year the clothe is?

I don't really know what's trendy and how to even check the years of clothing. Brands mean nothing to me, I buy cheap shit all the time.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Yea, I think it does. But I would fit in as a sensor too, SJ maybe, never a P.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would really like a bold-colored suit, like this:

s-l400.jpg
I don't know what says about me 😂.

I wear clothes out of utility, but I like putting a stylish twist on things. For some reason, I'm fond of printed T-shirts and khaki pants. I like that combo for some reason. As far as colors, I like black, navy blue, red, gold, and pink.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My style is all over the place tbh
Band shirts, jeans, boots, dresses, kitschy stuff. Headbands, accessories etc It depends on my mood tbh
Here are a few things and looks similar to things I wear or things I've actually bought

junathan

My style is all over the place tbh
Band shirts, jeans, boots, dresses, kitschy stuff. Headbands, accessories etc It depends on my mood tbh
Here are a few things and looks similar to things I wear or things I've actually bought

😍😍

Not sure if this is offensive, but it's kinda giving me INFP vibe

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
Does clothing style tells about your type?
I do believe type plays a significant role in how you view fashion and consequently it does influence your style, there is definitely a correlation between the two from what I've seen, so yes it's often very telling.
I prefer wearing black clothes
I don't even know why do I do this
It's more comfortable when I wear exactly black clothes, it gives me a little bit of self-confidence
Anyone else?
There was a period in time when I only wore black clothes. It was a phase for me, although I still like wearing black just not as much, not nearly as much and I don't think I could wear all black ever again, especially since I've learned some things about how colors influence you.
By the way, do you wear clothes of the latest trends on it doesn't matter to you what brand/year the clothe is?
I don't keep up with trends/don't care about brands/year of the clothes.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
my clothing style really has more to do with comfort and what is available to me then "style or aesthetics" My jewelry on the other hand is all about commitment to the piece and appreciation for the value of the piece.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have some funky patterned jacket/ wrap types of things but most everything in my closet is black, white or grey.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was a period in time when I only wore black clothes. It was a phase for me, although I still like wearing black just not as much, not nearly as much and I don't think I could wear all black ever again, especially since I've learned some things about how colors influence you.

I don't keep up with trends/don't care about brands/year of the clothes.
Same here. I don't pay any attention to what is fashionable, and dress for utility and comfort, though I do consider the nature of the occasion. I will dress up for formal events, for instance, but it will be dressing up on my own terms. I wear a great deal of black, too, and occasionally all black. Often I will have one item in another dark color, usually a shirt underneath a black sweater or jacket. Simplifying my wardrobe like this eliminates having to worry about what to wear every day, and feels very calming and comfortable.

Muladara

MBTI Type
FIRE
Enneagram
AIR
Same here. I don't pay any attention to what is fashionable, and dress for utility and comfort, though I do consider the nature of the occasion. I will dress up for formal events, for instance, but it will be dressing up on my own terms. I wear a great deal of black, too, and occasionally all black. Often I will have one item in another dark color, usually a shirt underneath a black sweater or jacket. Simplifying my wardrobe like this eliminates having to worry about what to wear every day, and feels very calming and comfortable.
Minimalism+utility+comfort=quintessential intj

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not really. Clothing style is determined from a set of options and those options are determined more by environment than personality. Short answer...no. It's more about the relationship with clothing that matters to determine personality type or to predict than the actual clothing.

The actual clothing itself has 0 bearing on personality.