User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member batteries included's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Do you find yourself thinking of death often?

I don't mean this in the sense of a death wish, but more just as a concept to be fascinated by. I've always been intrigued by the morbid side of things, from TV shows to books. Can't get enough, I guess. How about you?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

I think of it often.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey
    Likes batteries included liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post
    I think of it often.
    Do you have any examples off the top of your head? I'm presuming you mean something more recreational as opposed to thinking about death in a more serious, psychiatric way.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by batteries included View Post
    Do you have any examples off the top of your head? I'm presuming you mean something more recreational as opposed to thinking about death in a more serious, psychiatric way.
    I'm not conveying I'm suicidal if that is what you mean.

I have two family members in the process of dying, and I used to have a job playing music for people while they die, and I've had various people I've known die. Throughout my life I've felt a connection to people after they died. I once thought I saw the process of dying and going to the other side. It felt peaceful an right. I don't have a structured belief about where people go when they die, but have just felt connections after it happened enough that it seems like perhaps they are somewhere. I wonder about it all philosophically, but am somehow alright not understanding everything definitively. I think it has helped to perceive what is there by not having inner constructs about it. I don't really fear death like I used to fear it. I think it is interesting, but I don't have anything structured or definitive to say about it.

Circus life under the big top world, we all need the clowns to make us smile
    Through space and time always another show, wondering where I am. I'm lost without you. Journey

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Powehi View Post
    I'm not conveying I'm suicidal if that is what you mean.

I have two family members in the process of dying, and I used to have a job playing music for people while they die, and I've had various people I've known die. Throughout my life I've felt a connection to people after they died. I once thought I saw the process of dying and going to the other side. It felt peaceful an right. I don't have a structured belief about where people go when they die, but have just felt connections after it happened enough that it seems like perhaps they are somewhere. I wonder about it all philosophically, but am somehow alright not understanding everything definitively. I think it has helped to perceive what is there by not having inner constructs about it. I don't really fear death like I used to fear it. I think it is interesting, but I don't have anything structured or definitive to say about it.
    That's interesting, keeping the perspective unstructured/vague.

Does thinking about death, even in an unstructured sense, often cause you to search out that theme or related themes in media? I think it does for me, and I'm wondering if there are others here that might experience it similarly.
    Likes Powehi liked this post

Sometimes I try to imagine how death would be felt, but I quickly remember that there's no way to imagine this, that you might cease to exist at some point, and I give up trying. Those thoughts aren't comfortable at all.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yes. Since elementary school.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

If I think about death I get too much anxiety about all the what if should haves and all so I try not to.

I don't know if this applies, but I am often curious about cold cases and murders. XD

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sp/so

I do. I have a bit of interest in ghosts, though my mom was the real ghost nut(she loved paranormal shows). There's something that keeps fascinating me though-she would keep seeing the same two ghosts at night, a couple from the 1950s. I recall the woman was wearing a long dress with an apron and her hair was up in a bun. They weren't very friendly ghosts either. I never saw them myself, but it's interesting to think that my old trailer could have been haunted.

I've read up a lot of near-death experiences; it's interesting hearing stories about being out of your body or how people see colors that we've never seen. No matter what I believe, reading different takes on the afterlife is fascinating. The Wiccan one fascinates me especially-being reincarnated until you are ready to be sent to Summerland. Reincarnated so you can learn something-like if you made fun of someone's big ears in this, you'll get big ears in your new life.

Then there's just plain old fear. Even in my darkest hours, death just scares me, how everything could end in the flip of a switch. So yeah, I worry about dying a lot. O.O

I do like morbid stuff in general-I don't do actual horror movies, but I enjoy the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared/Noseybonk sort of obscure territory. I like a good tear jerking anime too.
    When the paralytic dreams that we all seem to keep
    Drive on engines 'til they weep
    With future pixels in factories far away

︵‿︵‿୨୧‿︵‿︵
    Likes Jazzy Orchid liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth Blitz View Post
    I do. I have a bit of interest in ghosts, though my mom was the real ghost nut(she loved paranormal shows). There's something that keeps fascinating me though-she would keep seeing the same two ghosts at night, a couple from the 1950s. I recall the woman was wearing a long dress with an apron and her hair was up in a bun. They weren't very friendly ghosts either. I never saw them myself, but it's interesting to think that my old trailer could have been haunted.

I've read up a lot of near-death experiences; it's interesting hearing stories about being out of your body or how people see colors that we've never seen. No matter what I believe, reading different takes on the afterlife is fascinating. The Wiccan one fascinates me especially-being reincarnated until you are ready to be sent to Summerland. Reincarnated so you can learn something-like if you made fun of someone's big ears in this, you'll get big ears in your new life.

Then there's just plain old fear. Even in my darkest hours, death just scares me, how everything could end in the flip of a switch. So yeah, I worry about dying a lot. O.O

I do like morbid stuff in general-I don't do actual horror movies, but I enjoy the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared/Noseybonk sort of obscure territory. I like a good tear jerking anime too.
    Don't Hug Me I'm Scared was a...very interesting webseries.