User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Outside of planning for it (life insurance, other practical matters), no not very often.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

yes, I see it as a way out if things get too bad
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so :hi:
    Likes batteries included liked this post

Senior Member batteries included's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    I think it about it every day since you put the thread up.

I enjoy it in entertainment sometimes. I don't like it as a regular thing though. My husband likes Criminal Minds. I don't like that someone dies every episode. I could do without that. Deaths need to be built up to mean something. There was a poignant death in The Beach. That's a morbid movie. You ever seen it?
    Oh, for sure. Even on television death should have some significance surrounding it. If I wanted mindless slaughter, I could just play a video game.

I haven't seen The Beach. I'll check it out, thanks.
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

From time to time. Sometimes I wonder how I will react and feel when someone close to me passes away. Maybe it's kinda weird to put it like this... But everyone who is important to me is still alive. I don't know how it feels when a loved one dies. For some reason I seem to have this mindset that it won't happen to me. But of course, everyone will die eventually, it's a part of life... But 'accepting' that I could possibly loose my friends or my parents because of it? Nah. Then again, don't most people think that 'it won't happen to them'?

What I actually think about the most is that my dad and I share the same birthday. I mean, it's fun and all, always celebrating it together... But the day my dad passes away my/our birthday will become a vivid reminder of what was once there. It will become a day of death and mourning.

I guess the short answer is; yes.
    I Always Go Back To Me

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

When I was young, I was obsessed with death. Now I want nothing to do with it, and am bothered by my skepticism.
    Likes Lark liked this post

I've imagined my own death many times. I don't know if I would say I'm fascinated by the process of death or morbidly obsessed with it, although decomposition and metamorphosis are in many ways the definition of beauty to me. When I imagine dying, it is to see how it would feel. I've imagined dying in violent car crashes, or of cancer... other ways too but mostly those. I also imagine what death is like for other people, both the dying and those who lose them. I can go rather in depth in an effort to understand the emotional weight of death. Sometimes I wonder if my own death will somehow lead others to better know and understand me. I'm sure it won't and even my death will be in vain making life pointless in some ways.

I haven't fully faced my own mortality and yet at times I find myself longing for death.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yes, I see it as a way out if things get too bad
    That would be a permanent solution to a temporary problem Prpz

Quote Originally Posted by Saprophytic Aphrodite View Post
    I haven't fully faced my own morbidity and yet at times I find myself longing for death.
    I could never say that, at best I would say I try not to fear it.

I have read and do read a lot of great books about people facing death, how they cope with anxiety or other feelings about it, and I tend to think that at the bottom of all thinking or feeling or acting, whatever way it is described or depicted, is a struggle between life and death.

One day I hope that mankind overcomes death altogether and becomes immortal, I hope it is not corrupting when they do and if it is the preserve of a few and not universal then it will be corrupting, there's plenty of evidence for that simply from how money operates or other sorts of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I could never say that, at best I would say I try not to fear it.

I have read and do read a lot of great books about people facing death, how they cope with anxiety or other feelings about it, and I tend to think that at the bottom of all thinking or feeling or acting, whatever way it is described or depicted, is a struggle between life and death.

One day I hope that mankind overcomes death altogether and becomes immortal, I hope it is not corrupting when they do and if it is the preserve of a few and not universal then it will be corrupting, there's plenty of evidence for that simply from how money operates or other sorts of power.
    I never understood the appeal of immortality. I'm not super into the thought of suffering for all of eternity and reexperiencing loss indefinitely. Death isn't the only form of loss.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I go through phases of devoting a great deal of thought to death and phases of thinking of it little. I'm generally happier during the latter. At any rate, for me, what occupies my mind with regard to death is the question of what it is for the person who undergoes it. I have not been able to come up with any definite answers, which is hardly surprising. To die is to step across the event horizon of a black hole. Nothing that gets in ever comes out. All I have to solve the mystery are vague, highly questionable scenarios, including the following:

1. A graveyard is a village of the dead. Every time someone is buried there, the dead welcome the newly dead to his or her new home. And they do not reveal to the newly dead that he or she is now a decaying corpse. Instead, they put up a front. They act as though everyone is still alive and well. But eventually the truth begins to dawn on the latest entrant to the village of the dead. And soon, that person must either agree to silence so as to uphold the peace of the graveyard or be silenced forcibly.

2. You are left with nothing but yourself--your thoughts, your dreams, and your conscience. As far as you're concerned, it isn't you but the external world that meets its demise.

3. Other scenarios that I don't feel like writing down right now.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]