• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to Stay Hopeful on a Dying World

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What if what you see, is explaind to you by others, as being entirely in your head?

You mean like the media? I don't base things just on the media. I base it on my own life experiences. I've had actual conversations with people on exactly the same page as me. I never thought that would happen.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean like the media? I don't base things just on the media. I base it on my own life experiences. I've had actual conversations with people on exactly the same page as me. I never thought that would happen.

In general. If the world said the sky was orange, in history and in school. Yet you saw it as blue. Would you continue to say its blue with no way to prove it, or say it is orange?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In general. If the world said the sky was orange, in history and in school. Yet you saw it as blue. Would you continue to say its blue with no way to prove it, or say it is orange?

I would say it's blue.

For me, the way it looks to me now is like I'm not the only one saying it's blue, and that's refreshing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One of the energy companies that provides me with hope is NuScale. I was fortunate enough to watch the CEO give a keynote talk at a conference in 2017 and he received a standing ovation. The potential here is massive, and one of the key features that makes it so appealing is the sheer energy density of nuclear fuel, and the fact that its designed to be modular and to self-shut down, so the risk of a meltdown or accident is reduced very close to 0.

Many people knee jerk react to nuclear power thinking it's bad, but if its designed and engineered properly (like they are doing) it is safer than nearly all other energy methods that exist.

There is always the waste issue with nuclear and I've never heard anyone address it in a serious manner. I'm open to it but Bernie is correct when he says no states want the waste and I think I read some brain damage about dumping it into the ocean?? That's the kind of mental the conversation is up against and the vigilant oversight it will require is likely beyond the moral capabilities of corporate America or the US govt. at it's current level of incompetence.

But nuclear isn't the only thing - fraking water from black shale can be radioactive too. Oil rigs produces brine that's radioactive and gets shot right back into the earth.

There isn't a corporation on this planet I would trust. None. Until one gives me a reason to do so, nope.