• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your greatest fears?

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Outside of how it's defined within typology (specifically the enneagram), how would you specifically define your greatest fears? How do these fears present in your daily life? How do you mitigate them?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My greatest fear is publicly posting lists of my greatest fears.

haha ;)

I think I could summarize by saying: Things out of my control going horribly.
I attempt to deal with them by not obsessing about them, getting therapy, taking good care of myself (part of focusing on things I can control), trying to do in the present what future me would want me to do...

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Being ignored and unlovednot getting to experience life fully,missing out,losing people,illness,not meaning anything to others, being stagant, pain, being defective and lack of personal growth. I tey to numb them oyt basically

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe not being respected..

How do I deal with it? By being competent and accomplishing things.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
eternity in hellish incarceration. :(

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can't help but tie it into typology-I have a very 9ish fear of losing stuff. Losing my favorite people, losing my belongings, losing pieces of the past. For me it shows by being very forgiving of others, focusing on my safety, and being very nostalgic for the past. Also not belonging anywhere, being an empty shell of a person, and being the same as everyone else. Being a bad person in general. Failure too. Like I don't need to be super successful in life(depends on my mood lol), but I worry about making mistakes a lot.

Don't know if you're counting phobias or not, but fire and loud noises are big ones. Fire because so many things can cause it and it spreads easily and destroys things, and loud noises because they overwhelm me and I get reminded of things blowing up(like if it's thunder or beepy noises).

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Loud neighbors moving in next door, especially someone with a barking dog or someone who plays loud music. For years, I would hear strange chanting from over the backyard wall, and I thought some cult had moved in, but it was only Buddhists.

á´…eparted

passages
Catastrophic global warming / climate change, and inescapable fascism.

Oh, look, that's reality. Imagine that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
American cheese. It's why I'm very careful when I order things with cheese at restaurants.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
American cheese. It's why I'm very careful when I order things with cheese at restaurants.

I shall consume your portions of the american cheese. It is a well known favorite of cats. We steal it from sandwiches whenever we can. I would imagine it could be annoying if one were under the mistaken impression that they just got what I want

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I shall consume your portions of the american cheese. It is a well known favorite of cats. We steal it from sandwiches whenever we can. I would imagine it could be annoying if one were under the mistaken impression that they just got what I want

I'm sure mine has better sense than that.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dying and not being avenged.

Never finding a job I find satisfying.

Never finding true love.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Doing something that has drastically bad consequences.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Failure. Being incompetent/inadequate. Being misunderstood. Losing my autonomy.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Already living most of them but I am doing alright so, nothing I guess.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm afraid of dying an absurd death like being on a Ferris wheel that tips over.

I also have some funny panic responses to drowning and having my head under water.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really have conscious fears apart from arachnophobia. If I had to express some, it would be failure. Not doing things flawlessly the first time in front of others. Being in a learning situation under lots of stressful aggression from a teacher.