• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your greatest fears?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
How many people ever face their mortality? Except for the ones who fear death or have lost important people because of it? It seems like people are very busy doing their own thing- not thinking about the possibility that they or their loved ones could die anytime soon (though 'Miss Rona' may have changed that). I mean yeah, technically I know I can (and will) die but it's still just so ????????? Meditate on death... interesting concept.

In my case I wouldn't say it went downhill per se. But things are/feel 'different' (dûh). Another way I keep 'track of time' is by my playlists, which is sometimes annoying- but it can be 'fun' too.
I've met a lot of Christians who do this. I guess they emphasize the world's temporality for several reasons.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Falling from a height (like 1000-ft drops and all), and encounters with the police where I’d be perceived as being on the “wrong” side of the fucked-up law.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Rejection. I have a lot of social anxiety that probably originated from my experiences as a child in school, so it's become one of my greatest fears. I find it damn near impossible to talk to someone in person, let alone form a deep connection, because I fear that I'll be ridiculed or betrayed. I internalize every rejection and I feel the pain for years; I don't think I can handle anymore. People say it's never as bad as you think, but to me it's even worse than I expect it to be.

2. Failure. I don't like performing poorly in any way. Whenever I perceive myself to fail at something, my mind automatically jumps to the conclusion that I am a failure of a person. I know it's not right, but I prefer not to try new things if there's a high probability of me not doing well.

Those are the two biggest. I have some lame phobias, like spiders and heights. I do strongly fear being killed or assaulted, but I'm not sure who doesn't fear that.

Oh this was me. I have another large fear that I forgot to mention:

I'm scared of not being meaningful to anyone. I fear that I will have gone through life being forgotten by everyone I once cared about, either because I've fucked things up with them, or simply because they inevitably died.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A semi-new fear I have is getting old. Dementia sounds scary, forgetting everything and just slowly losing grip on reality, who I am. Losing the ability to do simple tasks, having someone need to tend to my basic needs. It's dehumanizing.

I also have a fear of stoves. Everyone here associates me with food, but I'm rather scared of stoves so that's ironic. When I boil water and need to put something in it, I'm scared boiling water will splash everywhere. I'm scared of cooking bacon, I worry about grease splattering everywhere and grease fires. The thing that scares me most though, is actually pulling something out of the oven, cause I'm scared of touching the rack.

In spite of the many fears I have, I have never been afraid of spiders like a lot of people I know. I think they're actually kinda cute.