• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your greatest fears?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I don't really have conscious fears apart from arachnophobia. If I had to express some, it would be failure. Not doing things flawlessly the first time in front of others. Being in a learning situation under lots of stressful aggression from a teacher.

I agree with your signature...:But fights you anyway. Our battle is epic with lots of powering up and lessons learned about perserverence and friendship Eventually we are approached to participate in the Black Tournament in Demon World, after being spirit detectives...:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with your signature...:But fights you anyway. Our battle is epic with lots of powering up and lessons learned about perserverence and friendship Eventually we are approached to participate in the Black Tournament in Demon World, after being spirit detectives...:

Sounds like loads of fun!

K8pKEPR.jpg

Hint: It’s not a fear of looking like a young Christian Bale or having the skills of a Grammatron Cleric, I could definitely live with both of those fates (that cleric attire is pretty damn snazzy too).

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Also growing old and having to get a colonoscopy. Maybe by then, they'll have robots administering the deed.

Also accidentally committing a faux pas in public and having Greta Thunberg point at me and say "How dare you!".

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I realize I never listed my own fears, which probably come down to lacking control, being mislead/misguided/biased, and being nothing (ie. having no personality or worth)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
K8pKEPR.jpg

Hint: It’s not a fear of looking like a young Christian Bale or having the skills of a Grammatron Cleric, I could definitely live with both of those fates (that cleric attire is pretty damn snazzy too).

Christian Bale does nothing for me.

Lark

I dont like the idea of the inevitable death of friends and family, its perhaps not a fear as such, just something I dislike to think about but I do know its out of my control and I tend to think less about stuff that's completely out of my control in order that I'll try and focus more on what I can control instead.

Its probably unique to where I am living but I hate a lot of the sectarian mindsets, I dont like the thought of them escalating and the sorts of violence and madness that can involve.

I've had first hand experience of some of the things that I do fear and they are survivable, life threatening but survivable, so that is something. I do my best to avoid them at all costs without compromise of my integrity.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
My greatest fear is that an insect will get stuck in my ear. :shock:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Christian Bale does nothing for me.
He does nothing for me either! I left a message asking him to help me move. Nothing. I left another message asking if he would put some gas in my car. Nothing. Not.A.Damn.Thing.
:tongue10:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I fear being so messed up that I am completely unlovable, or that I am inherently somehow. That I am too much or not enough or fatally flawed.
I also fear that I am ruining everything good in my life because of that fear.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Losing someone I care deeply about.

I don't know if this is my greatest fear, but it is the most present to me. There are so few such people in my life, and I treasure every one.

Scaven

MBTI Type
ENTP
Little dogs. Sounds stupid, but I almost panic in their presence, not around big ones. I’m afraid of puppies too, puppies older than a month. If they are like 10 cm it’s alright, but when they grow up and start running around uncontrollably, I jump onto tables. True story.

Lark

Wasps, syringes, kafkaesque nightmares.

I mean The Trial is real horror for me. I experienced something like it once.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My greatest fear is that normal, regular people you meet every day are the same in character as Nazis and other war criminals, but only await opportunity and permission. Sometimes they are.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My greatest fear is that normal, regular people you meet every day are the same in character as Nazis and other war criminals, but only await opportunity and permission. Sometimes they are.
I thought that was demonstrated by the Milgram experiment.