• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

article on excutive function in schizophrenia that i found interesting

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I guess the article is probably too long. Don't matter I'm probably too self aware to be schizoaffective so maybe I only think I relate but don't

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It sounds like executive functioning covers quite a number of different cognitive abilities. I wonder if it's a well-formulated construct.

I wonder also whether the patients in the studies were on anti-psychotics*, because anti-psychotics can certainly impair functioning.

But yeah, quite a long article.

* I mean, they probably were, but I wonder how that was accounted for

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is a very long article, but a very interesting one nonetheless. I can relate to aspects of this as well, though don't think I am schizophrenic (or at least I hope not). Dysfunction of the executive functions (or at least the dysfunction of very specific executive functions) is something I find relatable, although executive dysfunction as a whole can be found in various disorders. Nonetheless, it's interesting to read how and why it presents in schizophrenia.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
when i got my borderline diagnosis, I also got schitzoaffective. for no extra cost :dry: This article was indeed interesting and relatable. I tried calling them back to cancel, but apparently its like Columbia House. Once you've got it. You've got it till you kick it. -_-

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I find when I'm psychotic my cognitive issues get worse idk if that means I don't have it and only think I do or what