• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mental illness is _______

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
That isn't even close to the original message you delivered.

There is no toxic people. You are the one who choose people with whom you'll feel good. Don't etiquette someone as toxic just because he/she express his/her personality.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. You control your emotions. You are the one who choose people and place where you feel good.
Toxic doesn't mean feeling a negative emotion. It isn't the condition opposite of "feeling good" I think you are applying your own definition to the term. Even based on your definition, how do you describe murderers? Are their victims choosing not to feel good in response to their behavior happing in the outside world? Nothing is toxic in the outside world, therefore murderers are not toxic in the outside world?

Merriam Webster said:
Merriam-Webster
toxic adjective
tox·​ic | \ ˈtäk-sik \
Definition of toxic (Entry 1 of 3)
1 : containing or being poisonous material especially when capable of causing death or serious debilitation
toxic waste
a toxic radioactive gas
an insecticide highly toxic to birds
2 : exhibiting symptoms of infection or toxicosis
the patient became toxic two days later
3 : extremely harsh, malicious, or harmful
toxic sarcasm
4 : relating to or being an asset that has lost so much value that it cannot be sold on the market

Cambridge English Dictionary said:
Cambridge English Dictionary
informal
very unpleasant or unacceptable

informal
causing you a lot of harm and unhappiness over a long period of time:
toxic parents
a toxic relationship

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no toxic people. You are the one who choose people with whom you'll feel good. Don't etiquette someone as toxic just because he/she express his/her personality.

What about abusive parents?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Toxic doesn't mean feeling a negative emotion. It isn't the condition opposite of "feeling good" I think you are applying your own definition to the term. Even based on your definition, how do you describe murderers? Are their victims choosing not to feel good in response to their behavior happing in the outside world? Nothing is toxic in the outside world, therefore murderers are not toxic in the outside world?

Murders are natural reaction when you put people in the cage of jungle and then primal instincts for surviving come first.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
What delusional bubble fantasy world do you live in? Toxic people aren't even entirely unavoidable. Peoples' actions are like ripples in a pond...they affect other people. "You should blame yourself for being affected by toxic people, since you choose who to be around, and no bad people actually exist because that's just their personality" is a perfect example of a toxic perspective. Wake up. There are toxic people everywhere and it's impossible to live in a bubble and pick and choose. People are not in the wrong for being negatively affected by peoples' personalities, choices, or illnesses. Do you even realize what you're saying? "Toxic people don't exist, nevermind that you grew up in a home where your father beat everyone and you couldn't get away since you were a child, don't etiquette him for expressing his personality, he's not toxic." What you're saying is complete nonsense.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
What about abusive parents?

Some parents are just more harsh to their children then others because they expect from them to be the best of themselves.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Some parents are just more harsh to their children then others because they expect from them to be the best of themselves.
Even if that was always the case in every abusive person

Are you seriously suggesting this justifies their abuse and that it doesn't make them toxic?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
What delusional bubble fantasy world do you live in? Toxic people aren't even entirely unavoidable. Peoples' actions are like ripples in a pond...they affect other people. "You should blame yourself for being affected by toxic people, since you choose who to be around, and no bad people actually exist because that's just their personality" is a perfect example of a toxic perspective. Wake up. There are toxic people everywhere and it's impossible to live in a bubble and pick and choose. People are not in the wrong for being negatively affected by peoples' personalities, choices, or illnesses. Do you even realize what you're saying? "Toxic people don't exist, nevermind that you grew up in a home where your father beat everyone and you couldn't get away since you were a child, don't etiquette him for expressing his personality, he's not toxic." What you're saying is complete nonsense.

You take the responsibility for your life. I was victim of violence and be abused in my elementary school yet I never them describe toxic but the hard teachers.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Even if that was always the case in every abusive person

Are you seriously suggesting this justifies their abuse and that it doesn't make them toxic?

Yes. They are no toxic. They love you in their own way.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
You take for the reprehensibility for your life. I was victim of abrasion of my elementary school yet I never them describe toxic but the hard teachers.
Uh huh...can you say this in English please? I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Yes. There are no toxic. They love you in their own way.
Regardless of whether there is love or not (and sometimes there is not, so this is entirely wrong), there are healthy and unhealthy expressions of love. "I love you so I'm beating you until you bleed" is not love or an appropriate expression of it.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Uh huh...can you say this in English please? I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

You are the one who take the responsibility for your life. I was victim of violence and be abused in my elementary school yet I never them describe toxic but the hard teachers.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
You are the one who take the responsibility for your life. I was victim of violence and be abused in my elementary school yet I never them describe toxic but the hard teachers.

*Sigh*
We have a "People of Walmart" song, now we need a "People of TypoC" one.

Your perspective is toxic and it disgusts me, but it'd be stupid to continuously go back and forth with you.
:beathorse:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Regardless of whether there is love or not (and sometimes there is not, so this is entirely wrong), there are healthy and unhealthy expressions of love. "I love you so I'm beating you until you bleed" is not love or an appropriate expression of it.

But they never beat you without reason but as a lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

*Sigh*
We have a "People of Walmart" song, now we need a "People of TypoC" one.

Your perspective is toxic and it disgusts me, but it'd be stupid to continuously go back and forth with you.
:beathorse:

You don't know anything about my life.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
You don't know anything about my life.
I never claimed to know anything about your life, only the words you've typed here, but funny enough, you are the one claiming to know something about mine when you don't by saying
But they never beat you without reason but as a lesson.
You don't know anything about mine either. You are doing what is known as projecting.

Back on my ignore list you go now.

EDIT:
I wonder what "lesson" kidnappers, rapists, and serial killers, are trying to teach.
Disgusting.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Murders are natural reaction when you put people in the cage of jungle and then primal instincts for surviving come first.
So the outside world affects their behavior? Placing them in a cage causes an internal reaction they do not simply choose?

Also, what about the effects the murderer has on their victim? Does the victim choose how to feel in response to the outside world?

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
So the outside world affects their behavior? Placing them in a cage causes an internal reaction they do not simply choose?

Also, what about the effects the murderer has on their victim? Does the victim choose how to feel in response to the outside world?

While someones look on bad people on his life as lessons, others become the victim of their mind.

EVIL =/= TOXIC

SAY IT EVIL PEOPLE. NOT TOXIC PEOPLE.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While someones look on bad people on his life as lessons, others become the victim of his mind.
I think I read that people were hurtful to you at school. I am sorry to hear that happened to you.

I understand your sentiment here, but it is also important to be realistic about cause and effect. It is important to hold people responsible for those hurtful behaviors. There is a continuum between physical and emotional harm because both are influenced by our physiology. It would be great if we were not affected by the outside world, but damage can occur. We can learn something from it, but sometimes there is not meaning in it. We are also responsible for our own influence in the world.

Since it can be proven and by your descriptions here as well, it is possible to be impacted by the outside world. This means that people outside of ourselves are responsible for their behaviors that are destructive in the same way we are responsible for our own behaviors. This is the reason society has a legal system. it is because as humans we have the capacity to harm each other. When groups interact there have to be rules and laws, courts and hospitals to moderate, eliminate, and fix this harm.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think I read that people were hurtful to you at school. I am sorry to hear that happened to you.

I understand your sentiment here, but it is also important to be realistic about cause and effect. It is important to hold people responsible for those hurtful behaviors. There is a continuum between physical and emotional harm because both are influenced by our physiology. It would be great if we were not affected by the outside world, but damage can occur. We can learn something from it, but sometimes there is not meaning in it. We are also responsible for our own influence in the world.

Since it can be proven and by your descriptions here as well, it is possible to be impacted by the outside world. This means that people outside of ourselves are responsible for their behaviors that are destructive in the same way we are responsible for our own behaviors. This is the reason society has a legal system. it is because as humans we have the capacity to harm each other. When groups interact there have to be rules and laws, courts and hospitals to moderate, eliminate, and fix this harm.

I was just saying that mental illness is when the brain cannot accept outside world (reality) or when the brain is cut off from the reality and then we go to mass murders, rapist.... OMG. Most of these people are psychological normal people and I don't see connection between murder and mental illness since you are forced to live in the world where you have to kill to survive.

Most of SF novels are inspired by the real world and they are metaphors of reality. I am SF writer so I know that. :)