User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have an internal monologue?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can 'hear' my voice in my mind

    20 95.24%
  • No, I cannot 'hear' my voice in my mind

    1 4.76%
First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 44

  1. #11

    Default

    I'm one of those people who doesn't have an internal monologue. Part of it is because I don't think in words and only translate my thoughts to words, when I have to communicate.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

  2. #12
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INF
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    I'm one of those people who doesn't have an internal monologue. Part of it is because I don't think in words and only translate my thoughts to words, when I have to communicate.
    Can you explain a bit about what the nature of your thoughts is?

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Can you explain a bit about what the nature of your thoughts is?
    Imagine amorphous blobs of concepts that are layered with perspectives, et al. It's sort of pictorial and sort of not.
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

  4. #14
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INF
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Imagine amorphous blobs of concepts that are layered with perspectives, et al. It's sort of pictorial and sort of not.
    I'm not totally sure what you mean.

    Does it accompany a construction-oriented process where you're trying to piece together something, like building something in your mind? And do you monitor processes around you in the environment a lot?

    I'm trying to simulate a similar mode of thinking.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'm not totally sure what you mean.

    Does it accompany a construction-oriented process where you're trying to piece together something, like building something in your mind? And do you monitor processes around you in the environment a lot?

    I'm trying to simulate a similar mode of thinking.
    Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to explain in sufficiently detailed terms for anyone to emulate.

  6. #16
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INF
    Posts
    3,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to explain in sufficiently detailed terms for anyone to emulate.
    Why's that?

  7. #17
    Feline Moderator The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    19,305

    Default

    It's like a slumber party kid. If you have to ask. You'll never know.
    I am The Cat; who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me...
    The Cat is a fey, mercurial thing, given to fits of pique, moody silences, and eerie displays.
    I'm gonna get ready...
    For the rain to pour heavy...


  8. #18
    Crackpot Socialist highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    22,859

    Default

    Of course I do. Constantly. Doesnt everyone? It's a tricky thing. It can be both positive or negative.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Why's that?
    How do you describe something amorphous where the conceptual data's already there and the point of entry for the data, unknown most of the time? Describe in detailed concrete terms what emotional hurt feels like to you, sufficient that someone else can emulate it.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENFp None
    Posts
    183

    Default

    I have inner monologue, can also do inner dialogue.

    I have very poor visualisation ability, though. Like I can't visualise things on command, can't do stuff like memory palace, etc. Sometimes I something like a blurred movie but with very little control over it.
    DESPAIR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO