User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 29

  1. #1
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    162

    Default Where did psychoanalysis fail for you?

    For me, psychoanalysis pulled me out of my addictions and helped me become a productive citizen. But it did not help me transcend the pitfalls of being said citizen, such as the 9 hour workday, and high level slavery.

    During the last stretch of my psychoanalysis, before I moved on, I would argue with my therapist. The arguments went as follows: I would proclaim that I felt like a slave and had little time for analysis. My analyst would tell me to analyze or seek the slave driver in me. I would tell him that there was no slave driver in me and that I felt that I was a slave because I would work so hard my neck and body would ache and the only thing I could do after work was ice my body and go to bed. This would leave me feeling dissatisfied in life as I was not living fully.

    Now this post was triggered because I read all these articles about the millennial generation from liberal hypocrites and he was a liberal hypocrite (p.s. I am a liberal but not a hypocrite). They claim all this stuff about my generation but they never state the facts.

    We work way harder than any generation before us. We literally are stuck to a screen constantly working. On our vacations we have to bring our laptops and sign on and do work. It is the unwritten rule. We are constantly bombarded and psychologically raped by images of violence, porn, and sex by the very companies that force us into labor for an increasingly shrinking salary that increasingly buys less and less and for access to health care which is a right and part of the social contract we agreed to when we were born.

    This is why I can't stand liberals. They want to criticize the "Patriarchy" but they won't acknowledge that whether it's the patriarchy or matriarchy we are slaving away for a meaningless modern existence. We can subjectively find meaning, of course, and I do, and this gives me hope and life and vitalism. But objectively speaking, there is no more collective meaning, no message with integrity. If you're a christian, you have to deal with the raping of children by the church. If you're a secularist, you must contend with the fact that governments without religion frequently commit mass genocides in the name of efficiency and expediency. If you're an atheist scientist, you have to honor the fact that in the name of science, more have died than in any other name. If you're a feminism, you must see that the same inherent premises in your position were the same as the Nazi political party. All these "fake liberals" are missing the point and stuck in "isms." In fact you people are killing any real chance we have at freedom by dividing yourselves up further and missing the point: you have a limited amount of time. The question is why are you a slave? that is the overriding concern of your life and our times. Why do you work 90 percent of the time and only have 10 percent to live? Why are you not receiving the benefits of society? I spent three months in the wilderness and lived as a king completely isolated. I had total abundance, access to medicare on a tribal commune where doctors helped me in exchange for what I could provide. The way you are living now, argueing about woman vs men, black vs white, you are all the problem.

    Let me elaborate further: It's hilarious to me when a liberal criticizes trump and then writes and article criticizing millennial. Liberals are trump. If you are a liberal but do not see how you are also a slave, then you are not a liberal. You are a trumpstonian. My analyst would go on and tell me about how the system wasn't about slavery and how it was all in my head and then when trump won the election he was pissed cause his insurance money was decreased! Lol what a turd. He fought in Vietnam too, murdered viatnamese families by transitivity, and then became this leftist hypocrite piece of shit who has the nerve to tell his clietns that the prison industrial complex is not a real thing, or even if it is, we can analyze our way out of it. And yeah I do get mad when someone cannot acknlowedge the industrial complex. All the thousands of dead african babies, the blood diamonds, the raping of cultures by English supremacy and the genocides by the aryan nazi's they all go swept under the wrong when you where you stand now cannot see how you are part of the vary system which perpetrates these. Even Jungian Analysts are a big part of the stabilization behind mass murder. When a jungian tries to analyze you, he cannot beyond the point he has analyzed himself. I transcended my analyst when I took it upon myself to put myself on the cross - I am responsible for everything I've noted above - and so are you!

    There is no ism with its integrity in tact. It seems like in this post modern world it is not deconstructionism which saves the soul, such as psychoanlysis falls under, but rather a return to faith and spiritualism, in a shamanic and nonreligious sense.

    OKAY BOOMER!

    Now your turn, where did you reach the limits? How did you become so great, that you became better than your analyst so that he no longer could affect you positively.

  2. #2
    Pasta Goddess ThisName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None
    Posts
    666

    Default

    A few question marks... What ??? I don't get it, what does this have to do with psychoanalyzing? To start; I think psychoanalyzing is pure bullshit. An easy way for these so called 'therapists' to make money out of people's problems.

    We work way harder than any generation before us. We literally are stuck to a screen constantly working.
    This is your own decision. You don't have to be stuck in front of a screen. In some way we might be working hard, not sure if it's harder than our previous generation though. That's only an interpretation.

    On our vacations we have to bring our laptops and sign on and do work.
    What kind job do you have?

    We are constantly bombarded and psychologically raped by images of violence, porn, and sex by the very companies that force us into labor for an increasingly shrinking salary that increasingly buys less and less and for access to health care which is a right and part of the social contract we agreed to when we were born.
    Then... don't watch porn? It's that simple. Turn of your phone, your computer, leave the house... Could agree that yes, there are advertisements everywhere, even on the street but ey. If you go for a walk on the beach/in the forest...
    I don't get the link between porn and being forced into labor for a lower salary tho. Might have to explain that one.

    *me is confusion*


    Your thread title is misleading. I thought this was about psychoanalyzing but you're only complaining about liberals. Next. Or I just can't see the point of this, it sounds like a typical, American problem. Though I could go off about psychoanalyzing, there are many things wrong with that. But... this just doesn't make any sense to me. I am put off by the whole rant about liberals, sounds as if you'd rather talk about that.

    Though I must say that your therapist sounds like shit. Therapists shouldn't be discussing personal opinions with their clients.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

    - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

  3. #3
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    43,850

    Default

    Sounds more like a politics rant thread to me, maybe it should be over there?

    (Nope, I'm not a boomer either.)



    I was in therapy for some years. I would not call it psychotherapy and it wasn't Freudian in the traditional sense. What I had was useful to me because my lack of self-confidence / voicelessness had been a problem with me forging my way in life, and I finally just had a place where I could talk, someone would listen and ask questions, and I gained some confidence. Most of the answers I arrived at were things i already was thinking but was just confused and terrified; getting them out of my head and into the air gave me the ability to spin them around a little better and get perspective, rather than just having them pinging off the inside of my skull without any way to orient myself.

    I dunno. None of my therapists (again, they weren't really "psychotherapists" in the analytical sense, they were more of practical and/or idealistic counselors who gave me lots of space to grow) really sat around and tried to fix me, preach to me, or get into arguments with me. I know you express a lot of contempt for your therapist and even view him as an adversary that you triumphed over so to speak. Maybe the guy was a jerk. But I am getting the impression that you carry a lot of anger around (for various reasons yourself, maybe you brought that baggage into therapy with you, and it definitely helped define your experience. Contempt is not a typical indicator of expansive growth, it might be generating additional noise that can inhibit one's progress. What constructive thing are you going to do with all tht anger? Because in the end, it's your baggage to carry.


    As far as deconstruction goes --I think the reason that religion and superstition is on the upswing is because people ARE feeling disillusioned and they aren't finding any kind of truth in the social structure or whatever else to stand on anymore. Work feels meaningless and also they're working harder for less. Relationships have become fluid and people are coming and going rather than there being anything stable. Entertainment abounds in Western culture but can quickly feel empty due to its repetitive nature, and stronger and stronger stimuli fails to generate the same response.

    Some people leave organized religion when it fails them, they step outside of it to forge their own way; but there will always be a strong element that, in the absence of anything to stand on, will become more dogmatic over spiritual frameworks because they are desperately looking to make their world make sense. it almost drives them into the arms of a religious structure, because otherwise they feel like they are drowning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Luminous liked this post

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Sounds more like a politics rant thread to me, maybe it should be over there?

    (Nope, I'm not a boomer either.)



    I was in therapy for some years. I would not call it psychotherapy and it wasn't Freudian in the traditional sense. What I had was useful to me because my lack of self-confidence / voicelessness had been a problem with me forging my way in life, and I finally just had a place where I could talk, someone would listen and ask questions, and I gained some confidence. Most of the answers I arrived at were things i already was thinking but was just confused and terrified; getting them out of my head and into the air gave me the ability to spin them around a little better and get perspective, rather than just having them pinging off the inside of my skull without any way to orient myself.

    I dunno. None of my therapists (again, they weren't really "psychotherapists" in the analytical sense, they were more of practical and/or idealistic counselors who gave me lots of space to grow) really sat around and tried to fix me, preach to me, or get into arguments with me. I know you express a lot of contempt for your therapist and even view him as an adversary that you triumphed over so to speak. Maybe the guy was a jerk. But I am getting the impression that you carry a lot of anger around (for various reasons yourself, maybe you brought that baggage into therapy with you, and it definitely helped define your experience. Contempt is not a typical indicator of expansive growth, it might be generating additional noise that can inhibit one's progress.
    Well spotted.

    This is how it goes, you post a title about something other than your intended topic, could be anything, could be everything, so long as the punchline is always "I hate liberals".

    Its an old schtick, its been going on here for a long time.

    Its been going on all over the web for a long time too. Liberalism and democracy are the usual targets, wonder who would be out to try and tear those things down?

    Two time losers of the Cold War maybe?

  5. #5
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Well spotted.

    This is how it goes, you post a title about something other than your intended topic, could be anything, could be everything, so long as the punchline is always "I hate liberals".

    Its an old schtick, its been going on here for a long time.

    Its been going on all over the web for a long time too. Liberalism and democracy are the usual targets, wonder who would be out to try and tear those things down?

    Two time losers of the Cold War maybe?
    This is not a political thread. You can use the adjectives "liberal" or "conservative" liberally - get it shlowey- without making a political argument. Since you like being a douche and losely paraphrasing other people into straw men arguments, thereby trolling, or should we call it Larking,...this is how your post goes, Lark-ah-doo:

    1. Find adjective.
    2. Re-lable argument based on adjective rather than the premise or what the modifier is trying to define. Aka, build straw man argument after failing to understand main point.
    3. Call the police and cry like a baby.

    If it rubs you the wrong way, that I am using the adjectives liberal and conservative to discuss my experience with psychoanalysis, then sawd off and don't read the post. Where in the forum rules does it say I can't use these adjectives in non-political arguments.

    P.s. I don't have to explain this to you, but did you even read the post slow mo?

  6. #6
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Sounds more like a politics rant thread to me, maybe it should be over there?

    (Nope, I'm not a boomer either.)



    I was in therapy for some years. I would not call it psychotherapy and it wasn't Freudian in the traditional sense. What I had was useful to me because my lack of self-confidence / voicelessness had been a problem with me forging my way in life, and I finally just had a place where I could talk, someone would listen and ask questions, and I gained some confidence. Most of the answers I arrived at were things i already was thinking but was just confused and terrified; getting them out of my head and into the air gave me the ability to spin them around a little better and get perspective, rather than just having them pinging off the inside of my skull without any way to orient myself.

    I dunno. None of my therapists (again, they weren't really "psychotherapists" in the analytical sense, they were more of practical and/or idealistic counselors who gave me lots of space to grow) really sat around and tried to fix me, preach to me, or get into arguments with me. I know you express a lot of contempt for your therapist and even view him as an adversary that you triumphed over so to speak. Maybe the guy was a jerk. But I am getting the impression that you carry a lot of anger around (for various reasons yourself, maybe you brought that baggage into therapy with you, and it definitely helped define your experience. Contempt is not a typical indicator of expansive growth, it might be generating additional noise that can inhibit one's progress. What constructive thing are you going to do with all tht anger? Because in the end, it's your baggage to carry.


    As far as deconstruction goes --I think the reason that religion and superstition is on the upswing is because people ARE feeling disillusioned and they aren't finding any kind of truth in the social structure or whatever else to stand on anymore. Work feels meaningless and also they're working harder for less. Relationships have become fluid and people are coming and going rather than there being anything stable. Entertainment abounds in Western culture but can quickly feel empty due to its repetitive nature, and stronger and stronger stimuli fails to generate the same response.

    Some people leave organized religion when it fails them, they step outside of it to forge their own way; but there will always be a strong element that, in the absence of anything to stand on, will become more dogmatic over spiritual frameworks because they are desperately looking to make their world make sense. it almost drives them into the arms of a religious structure, because otherwise they feel like they are drowning.
    First part of your post: Sounds like you're just reading into your own projections here with regards to politics and reading too much into adjectives utilized as modifiers to build lose parallelisms in my argument.

    Second part of your post: It sounds like you didn't understand what I wrote at all and that you just have a hidden agenda.

  7. #7
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Sounds more like a politics rant thread to me, maybe it should be over there?

    (Nope, I'm not a boomer either.)



    I was in therapy for some years. I would not call it psychotherapy and it wasn't Freudian in the traditional sense. What I had was useful to me because my lack of self-confidence / voicelessness had been a problem with me forging my way in life, and I finally just had a place where I could talk, someone would listen and ask questions, and I gained some confidence. Most of the answers I arrived at were things i already was thinking but was just confused and terrified; getting them out of my head and into the air gave me the ability to spin them around a little better and get perspective, rather than just having them pinging off the inside of my skull without any way to orient myself.

    I dunno. None of my therapists (again, they weren't really "psychotherapists" in the analytical sense, they were more of practical and/or idealistic counselors who gave me lots of space to grow) really sat around and tried to fix me, preach to me, or get into arguments with me. I know you express a lot of contempt for your therapist and even view him as an adversary that you triumphed over so to speak. Maybe the guy was a jerk. But I am getting the impression that you carry a lot of anger around (for various reasons yourself, maybe you brought that baggage into therapy with you, and it definitely helped define your experience. Contempt is not a typical indicator of expansive growth, it might be generating additional noise that can inhibit one's progress. What constructive thing are you going to do with all tht anger? Because in the end, it's your baggage to carry.


    As far as deconstruction goes --I think the reason that religion and superstition is on the upswing is because people ARE feeling disillusioned and they aren't finding any kind of truth in the social structure or whatever else to stand on anymore. Work feels meaningless and also they're working harder for less. Relationships have become fluid and people are coming and going rather than there being anything stable. Entertainment abounds in Western culture but can quickly feel empty due to its repetitive nature, and stronger and stronger stimuli fails to generate the same response.

    Some people leave organized religion when it fails them, they step outside of it to forge their own way; but there will always be a strong element that, in the absence of anything to stand on, will become more dogmatic over spiritual frameworks because they are desperately looking to make their world make sense. it almost drives them into the arms of a religious structure, because otherwise they feel like they are drowning.
    Also, you should be carrying some anger around too instead of repressing it deep in your womb

    You are after all part of a society that promotes child prostitution.

    The fact that you're not angry about that makes me wonder why you even go to therapy. Oh, it's because you have no empathy then? As long as the child is not yours I suppose.

    Also, the fact you think that anger is bad to utilize and to carry and to channel leads me to believe that you are naive or just too young to engage here. Sure it is wrong, gammo, to hit or be violent or offensive. Proper use of anger is as energy to bring light to the dark. Here I inform you, your modern lifestyle is underpinned by atrocities (fact!) much greater than any committed in history (today). More children die, are raped, and are abused today, per day, than the victims of a thousand holocausts. Your Netflix comes at a cost. Your psychotherapist's job is to work you into a good product - and you are. You question how you can change that which lays without by changing that which lays within. You never will of course. Your therapist is there to keep you on the wheel running like a hamster for your next cheetoh snack.

    You're damn right I'm mad but not at my analyst, but at psychoanalysis in general. It fails to analyze itself and points the finger at the first citizen who fails to conform, meanwhile it sustains a society which exploits the poor, spreads environmental havoc, and enforces slavery and child prostitution.

    Of course I'm going to be angry, gummo.

  8. #8
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisName View Post
    A few question marks... What ??? I don't get it, what does this have to do with psychoanalyzing? To start; I think psychoanalyzing is pure bullshit. An easy way for these so called 'therapists' to make money out of people's problems.

    This is your own decision. You don't have to be stuck in front of a screen. In some way we might be working hard, not sure if it's harder than our previous generation though. That's only an interpretation.

    What kind job do you have?

    Then... don't watch porn? It's that simple. Turn of your phone, your computer, leave the house... Could agree that yes, there are advertisements everywhere, even on the street but ey. If you go for a walk on the beach/in the forest...
    I don't get the link between porn and being forced into labor for a lower salary tho. Might have to explain that one.

    *me is confusion*


    Your thread title is misleading. I thought this was about psychoanalyzing but you're only complaining about liberals. Next. Or I just can't see the point of this, it sounds like a typical, American problem. Though I could go off about psychoanalyzing, there are many things wrong with that. But... this just doesn't make any sense to me. I am put off by the whole rant about liberals, sounds as if you'd rather talk about that.

    Though I must say that your therapist sounds like shit. Therapists shouldn't be discussing personal opinions with their clients.
    You seem to me to be quite presumptuous in your assertions here. If I were as presumptuous as you, for instance, or as keen as you to overly read between the lines, I'd be forced to say that based on the few words you wrote you are some sort of pedophile, self-projecting porn addict who has trouble focusing; you showed no remorse for your involvement in child prostitution as a member of modern society (ignored the issue) and you immediately pointed the finger (projection) bypassing the overall point of the post (psychoanalysis a la lack of focus senior). That is fine. If you want to ignore, pick and chose, project, and act bratty...well..you should have no problem with looking in the mirror.

  9. #9
    darkened dreams Ravenetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,798

    Default

    I don't like it when people criticize millennials. I'm not one, but I'm not a Boomer either - I'm in-between. The main thing I would say is that millennials face a different world, and I think it is harder. I have a relative who is a millennial and in school and she talks a lot about the stress. Someone from my generation could look and assume kids are bigger complainers, but I've gone back to school and it is different. In the past years it is like everyone has dumped every new idea into education to heap the scoops on and it is weirdly stressful with too much expectation, a way that it is hard on self-esteem, etc. It has been way harder being back in school because the feeling has changed. The world has more chaos to it, and every new idea needs to be included. There is a way people are pulled in many more directions.

    Interestingly a professor was telling me how the downtown area changed in the college town where I live. It used to be bars where people would go to hook up, but now it is a series of jazz clubs and many millennials come with their grandparents to hear the music. They are often on their phones checking for the next performance and move from concert to concert. I think there is a way that attention is pulled in more directions because of technology and increased inclusion of many perspectives, but there is also a way I think that millennials may be more conscientious than past generations. The world needs their perspective because it is a more natural outgrowth of the current state of things. There is a way they understand what is going on better because they have a newer perspective on everything and are not trying to fuse old perspectives with new.
    bunny omi


  10. #10
    Pasta Goddess ThisName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    You seem to me to be quite presumptuous in your assertions here. If I were as presumptuous as you, for instance, or as keen as you to overly read between the lines, I'd be forced to say that based on the few words you wrote you are some sort of pedophile, self-projecting porn addict who has trouble focusing; you showed no remorse for your involvement in child prostitution as a member of modern society (ignored the issue) and you immediately pointed the finger (projection) bypassing the overall point of the post (psychoanalysis a la lack of focus senior). That is fine. If you want to ignore, pick and chose, project, and act bratty...well..you should have no problem with looking in the mirror.
    Ah I see, you are a fan of Freud?



    Also, I don't watch porn, just for your information. So your 'psychoanalyzing' failed there. I think you should stop, or just get to the point. There's no need to psychoanalyze anyone. All your other assumptions are wrong too. If you wanted to talk about the 'issues' , what looked like an example to me and not something people should substantively react on... Then you should have made that clear. But then again, is the thread title still incorrect. Since there's nothing to psychoanalyze about those subjects, and you were asking for experiences. If you want to psychoanalyze others, open a thread for that.
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

    - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO