User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 29

  1. #11
    heel turn 2 Obfuscate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    is this a thread about psychoanalysis, or one about criticizing what everyone says?
    "I will employ all of my cunning and my patience
    Then we will persevere
    I find I can get behind radical ideas and make them real
    You do what you want to do
    I cannot tell you how to feel"

    “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.”
    -marie curie
    Likes ThisName liked this post

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    This is not a political thread. You can use the adjectives "liberal" or "conservative" liberally - get it shlowey- without making a political argument. Since you like being a douche and losely paraphrasing other people into straw men arguments, thereby trolling, or should we call it Larking,...this is how your post goes, Lark-ah-doo:

    1. Find adjective.
    2. Re-lable argument based on adjective rather than the premise or what the modifier is trying to define. Aka, build straw man argument after failing to understand main point.
    3. Call the police and cry like a baby.

    If it rubs you the wrong way, that I am using the adjectives liberal and conservative to discuss my experience with psychoanalysis, then sawd off and don't read the post. Where in the forum rules does it say I can't use these adjectives in non-political arguments.

    P.s. I don't have to explain this to you, but did you even read the post slow mo?
    BS;DR

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    is this a thread about psychoanalysis, or one about criticizing what everyone says?
    Its just another PD (personality disorder) that's strayed onto the forum again.

  3. #13
    darkened dreams Ravenetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    is this a thread about psychoanalysis, or one about criticizing what everyone says?
    This thread is a real-time, visceral demonstration of psychological defense mechanisms.

    Puts on reading glasses, takes copious notes...
    bunny omi

    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None
    Posts
    419

    Default

    I feel the OP is a bit exaggerating by feeling like a slave. For me, the story the OP tells us sounds more or less like overworking; not a slavery. As long as you still sign a working contract with your employer, you cannot say you are a slave, however overwork you are. It is a hiring or being hired legal bound instead. An employee is actually only hired by their employer. As far as I concern hiring has a huge difference with slavery. A slave is owned by his slave-master; not hired. Because of ownership claim of the slave, A slave can be sold to another person by his/her slavemaster. The person who purchased a slave from its former slave-master will become his next slave-master. I don't think this is still practiced in professional working environment nowadays, as far as I know.
    Likes EllevenSevenSounds liked this post

  5. #15
    Mr. Brightside... The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx
    Posts
    16,023

    Default

    Oh, you'd be surprised, just how little things change apart from the thinnest veneer of social change.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

    Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...
    I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.



    Likes EllevenSevenSounds liked this post

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    27,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    This thread is a real-time, visceral demonstration of psychological defense mechanisms.

    Puts on reading glasses, takes copious notes...
    It reminds me of Danseen's rants about therapy and how no one understood them.

  7. #17
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by typologyenthusiast View Post
    I feel the OP is a bit exaggerating by feeling like a slave. For me, the story the OP tells us sounds more or less like overworking; not a slavery. As long as you still sign a working contract with your employer, you cannot say you are a slave, however overwork you are. It is a hiring or being hired legal bound instead. An employee is actually only hired by their employer. As far as I concern hiring has a huge difference with slavery. A slave is owned by his slave-master; not hired. Because of ownership claim of the slave, A slave can be sold to another person by his/her slavemaster. The person who purchased a slave from its former slave-master will become his next slave-master. I don't think this is still practiced in professional working environment nowadays, as far as I know.
    I'm inclined to like your post because it is the first one void of the narcissism exhibited by the aforementioned. That being said, we are bought and sold to the highest bidder through an artificial mechanism. The mechanism is artificial because it is advertised as a market. However the market should be free, when in actuality it contains a very limited probability set. This probability set is mostly controlled in the form of a decision making penepticon. These aren't my ideas, again, we are high class slaves by definition.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

  8. #18
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate View Post
    is this a thread about psychoanalysis, or one about criticizing what everyone says?
    Stop trolling my thread. Get lost if you have nothing to contribute. The fact that you are reading my objections and still trolling isn't surprising to me at all given that many of your other posts are as ignorant in nature.

  9. #19
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It reminds me of Danseen's rants about therapy and how no one understood them.
    Troll alert. Trolling is correlated to narcissism...so is that your personality disorder then? Since well..you troll? I mean lark about.

  10. #20
    Senior Member EllevenSevenSounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    MBTI
    NT
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Oh, you'd be surprised, just how little things change apart from the thinnest veneer of social change.
    I really hope it does. I really hope things do change. I see a lot of trust fund babies climbing through the internet debating free market principles. My psychologist failed me when I outpaced him in salary. I became more trumpian and he became more egalitarian. Initially I was the socialist, but by the end of our sessions I became independently wealthy and dependent on the machine. He came to detest the very principles he upheld when we first met. I told him I felt like a slave; he told me I wasn't. I became the director in the department of a large organization and he became my dumping container. I still feel like a slave, and know that we all are, even me with all my money and objects. I know more because I've risen to the top and I can see that everyone at the bottom is myopic to the fact they are serving unknown forces slavishly that transcend their psyche. No amount of psychoanalysis will stop the machine and free them. Psychoanalysis maintains it actually.

    I bring the criticism up about psychology and it's practice as a way to maintain the status quo because I am the top .0001 percent and I'm trying to warn others...yet at the same time those very victims get mad at me thinking I'm some sort of conservative criticism liberalism. Truth is I'm not for the current system, but I am among its main benefactors and beneficiaries.

    So sorry If I seem abrasive to the trolls but they are completely misunderstanding the point.

    This isn't a debate about liberals and conservatives. It's much, much bigger than tat. It's the debate about psychoanalysis and the maintenance of the death machine, aka modern civilization.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO