User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hexcoder View Post
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure that if people are "mostly" bad that is not comforting.

The post I just wrote above is what says I'm looking for answers...but not everyone searching for answers is seeking comfort. Some of us genuinely are after the truth. In some cases, such as the case with the few people I've met that influenced my views and changed my mind, that truth gives hope and makes life a little more worthwhile. Other times it just is what it is.

Excessive pessimism is just as much of a bias as excessive optimism. Said bias results in inaccurate thinking and answers.
    My answer is just existentially extreme. Feel free to discard my response. That's kinda part of my worldview anyhow... we all have that freedom.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes Hexcoder liked this post

Depends on how you prepare them.

My 'people skills' are 'rusty'.
    Pardon me, but I have spent the last 'year' as a multi-dimensional wavelength of celestial intent...
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel; I'm an Angel of the Lord.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    I would say that humans are animals masquerading as an superior species due to their intellect, which generates a bit of arrogance and idealism in terms of morality. Peel away society, and set any human into the wild and you will see just how fast they return to being an animal. Everything else is a side show to distract ourselves from our pointless lives, and use fake substitutes to satiate our primal desires that we cannot escape no matter how smart we become.
    If you are really smart person you clam to be you would have an urge to grow. All intelligent species are good because stupidity is origin of evil.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    If you are really smart person you clam to be you would have an urge to grow. All intelligent species are good because stupidity is origin of evil.
    "Growth" is subjective, and the whim of outliers. The average person can care less. We are in an age where visionaries are a dime a dozen. There is a limit of growth, and when it is reached, we evolve. Whether or not our intelligence stays the same is up in the air. The average intelligence has been declining for some time now. So really, you can grow as a person, doesn't mean humanity will follow. It might even grow in the opposite direction, even if you dedicate your entire life to changing it. So whether you grow, or do not. At the end of the day, you have very little impact. Very very few make waves, and they are not even alive to see it.
    “That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”

― Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

So really, you can grow as a person, doesn't mean humanity will follow. It might even grow in the opposite direction, even if you dedicate your entire life to changing it. So whether you grow, or do not. At the end of the day, you have very little impact. Very very few make waves, and they are not even alive to see it.
    Humanity will follow you if you give them a good example. Most people cannot think. They just follow authorities.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Humanity will follow you if you give them a good example. Most people cannot think. They just follow authorities.
    And the fools have all the confidence, and the wise doubt themselves. What we should do, is make everyone capable of leading and still capable of following.
    “That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”

― Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

And the fools have all the confidence, and the wise doubt themselves. What we should do, is make everyone capable of leading and still capable of following.
    Тhe point is you cannot change the world before you changed yourself. Only reason why authoritarian humanistic society failed is because they use same methods of the tyrants who ruled before them. They didn't change themselves but desperate want to change the world.
    ===Logical Crusader===

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Depends on how you prepare them.
    What spices do you use?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Тhe point is you cannot change the world before you changed yourself. Only reason why authoritarian humanistic society failed is because they use same methods of the tyrants who ruled before them. They didn't change themselves but desperate want to change the world.
    My point is, that no matter how much you change, and change the world. Is that it will fall back to certain patterns over time. Thats how humanity has always been. It is a cycle. I do not think it is possible to break, unless we become immortal.

― Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

My point is, that no matter how much you change, and change the world. Is that it will fall back to certain patterns over time. Thats how humanity has always been. It is a cycle. I do not think it is possible to break, unless we become immortal.
    But only proof that you can think otherwise it means we can but we won't. I mean rulers of this world won't. They like this world because it gives them privilege.
    ===Logical Crusader===