• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Humans: Mostly good, or mostly bad?

Lark

Humans are human, all too human, the whole damn time.

I'm in two minds a lot of the time about how much of a contribution to a good life it all is.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But only proof that you can think otherwise it means we can but we won't. I mean rulers of this world won't. They like this world because it gives them privilege. :bye:

Sure, but from an individual perspective of practicality. You quickly realize the pointlessness of it all. How do you find meaning? Im a defeated idealist/cynical person. I just can't really enjoy or strive for anything without dumbing it down. It is aggravating.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Sure, but from an individual perspective of practicality. You quickly realize the pointlessness of it all. How do you find meaning? Im a defeated idealist/cynical person. I just can't really enjoy or strive for anything without dumbing it down. It is aggravating.

If you see a better solution for a problem you'll solve it using that formula, aren't you? Same with people. If people can see there is a better way then they'll realize how previous beliefs are wrong. Otherwise people don't change various ideology.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you see a better solution for a problem you'll solve it using that formula, aren't you? Same with people. If people can see there is a better way then they'll realize how previous beliefs are wrong. Otherwise people don't change various ideology.

I do ot think that is correct at all. People do not like things that are different. Some people will change, but not the majority. They will continue to do something, no matter how much contrarian evidence you throw at them. They have blind faith. There are many types of people, but most of them are followers. Afterall, evolution does not favor intellect. It favors group think, even if that group think is wrong. Even if that group think hurts them.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do ot think that is correct at all. People do not like things that are different. Some people will change, but not the majority. They will continue to do something, no matter how much contrarian evidence you throw at them. They have blind faith. There are many types of people, but most of them are followers. Afterall, evolution does not favor intellect. It favors group think, even if that group think is wrong. Even if that group think hurts them.

Yes but change is inevitably. And it has nothing to do with evolution but with development our moral values. And moral values changes from time to time and yes it has nothing with progression but only with small group of people who can give example to others. Also I think humanity can have a bright future only if we change our look on life because if not we are doomed.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Goddammit fellas! I came here to make a salt and pepper joke but I see that I've been beat.

This means war.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
You'll lose.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can’t remember if I answered this before, but anyway...

Everyone has the potential to be either good or bad, and no one is ever completely one or the other all the time. I do like to think that we’re all capable of being “good” instinctually, to ourselves as well as to others; but then each of us is different after all, especially given the context of one’s reality. It depends on who and what we choose to be in the end, I guess, in relation to everything and everyone around us.

I dunno, maybe I’m just overthinking this again. :mellow: Been on my mind a lot anyway.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooooh, shots fired! :2ar15:
[MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] vs [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] :peepwall:

The Cat

Staff member
What the fuck is all this now?

The Cat

Staff member
Oooooh, shots fired! :2ar15:
[MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION] vs [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] :peepwall:

Shots fired, dont be simple human girl. Cats dont use guns. You nut.

The Cat

Staff member
I would probably just die of paper cuts.

See that's why you're one of the good ones. You get it, and yet you fight on. Admirable. We're all rooting for you. Feline kind. We've got high hopes for your future in the cat world. high hopes indeed. :hug:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe the answer to this question is largely dependent upon whether one's outlook is pessimistic or optimistic. Personally, being more of an optimistic, I think more people are naturally inclined towards being good natured as opposed to bad natured when circumstances are ideal.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Humans are inherently messy. Most want to be good. They don’t always have the tools in their emotional toolboxes to be consistently so.

We come into the world. The world shapes us. We shape the world. We shape others. Others shape us. We are imperfect and malleable. That can be good and bad.