• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How friendly are you?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i keep my friendliness turned down just so i dont freak anyone out. or give out the wrong message.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i keep my friendliness turned down just so i dont freak anyone out. or give out the wrong message.

You should try to live in a latin country sometimes: you wouldn't have to repress your own friendliness so often! :alttongue:

Here the French are so grumpy and grouchy that a little daily friendliness can't do any harm! Smile at them, and their true nature will immediately bubble up from the depths...

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm polite, not friendly. I let the friendly people come to me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm polite but I don't go out of my way to make some one I don't really know comfortable. then with my friends if they've been over a few times and I'll offer them a drink and unless I'm making one for myself I'll be like "you know where everything is" also homeless guys always talk to me. I also tend to be the person in a group most likely get asked for directions from a stranger. So I guess I'm approachable, but I don't know if my friendliness is sincere often times it's just the quickiest and painless way to get through some situations.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
As with many things, I run hot and cold on this, and the two states bear no resemblance. If I'm friendly, though, it's for my own fun and not because of a utilitarian reason.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
annoyingly uberfriendly unless you kick me in the nuts

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been told that I'm wonderfully friendly- in an impersonal way :doh:

I'm nice to people, I find them interesting and generally like everyone, but I don't really feel much of a connection to them. I try and keep this last part a secret, but I suck at keeping secrets I guess :dry:

And yes- I interact with people by teasing them, as Blackmail! mentioned- and about 98% of people like it (the other two percent are probably either having a bad day, are horrible people, or are oversensitive :rolleyes:).

I'll admit though- I'm generally nice and friendly to people because I find them interesting and want to pick thier brains- not because I feel any real warmth :blush:

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm quite friendly ... but it doesn't show through all the time because I am so reserved and quiet.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm very uncomfortable around people, so generally just smile and nod. I'm told I am lovely, but I'm really thinking of ways to GTFO.

I can't talk properly, and I don't have good sentence structure in person, but I play out conversations in my head just before going to sleep, and they're really cool.

I don't have a fucking clue, to be honest. Insufficient data. Time will tell.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ You're lovely.

Just sayin'.

P.S. Tell me if this ever get old. ;)

lane777

nevermore
Oooh dear. Years back when I was very naive (was homeschooled, enough said), I used to get myself into a lot of trouble for being overly friendly with men (friendly with women as well but - heh, they wouldn't take it the wrong way). However, it was always sincere, I'm just very interested in people. But I do understand that since most people are reserved, friendliness can send the wrong message. I've learned to tone it down a lot, hold myself back.

V

violaine

I am friendly and generally polite. I enjoy getting along well with people. I don't ever flatter people (i.e. insincere praise), but I like giving genuine compliments. Not like a 'firehose' though... I have definite distinctions btwn acquaintances/friends/boyfriend and family.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Yeah from what I remember about you at INTPc and here, you always get along with everyone.
Well, not everyone :devil:, but I at least try to do so, initially. Once I get started in the other direction, though, I can build up momentum ( steam ? ) more quickly than some do, who never warmed up that quickly in the first place. It's a trade-off, I suppose.