• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you like and dislike about this forum?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I definitely don't like all the clandestine drama bullshit. There's no reason for people here to act like characters in a John Le Carre novel. It. Just. Isn't. That. Big. A. Deal. Are people really that bored? Why not learn a new skill instead, like tiddlywinks or growing bonsai trees?

I don't find it entertaining, just exhausting. To fully appreciate my reaction, check the spoiler tags.

Jaguar

Lots of threads disappearing. Get out the golden retriever to find them.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I dislike typology nowadays, but I'm attached to some people and find some others interesting.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
-Some individuals with interesting intellect and ideas.
-Some people. Simple and likeable.

Dislikes:
-Many dramatic crap.
-A pandemic inability to discuss anything at all.

Liked: A dwindling list of members I like.

Dislikes: The failure to remove certain members for actions that are clearly worthy of permanent bans.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- hearing others opinions, and don't mind getting into heated debates. Doesn't take things personally.
- people who are patient.
- people who are understanding and forgiving.

Dislikes
- people who suddenly dislike you after a political debate, despite having been compatible before.
- people who are incapable of forgiveness, or leaving the past behind so things can move on.
- pizza obsessions.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*gASp*

You wound me!

;)

I just dont see the obsession with tomato jam, with fermented yeast milk, and meat trimmings with dried herb leafs, on a backed slab of grain paste.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I just dont see the obsession with tomato jam, with fermented yeast milk, and meat trimmings with dried herb leafs, on a backed slab of grain paste.

It's a similar appeal to describing things you don't care for in the most disturbing way possible without being chased by rakes. But with garlic.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
I haven't been around for a long time (and I don't post a lot) but; there's nothing I 'dislike' at the moment. I saw that some people mentioned drama tho, I can enjoy it from time to time. (Bad, I know, I promise I won't create it myself, might use the 'search' function to find it and enjoy it with a bag of imaginary popcorn. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine that it becomes annoying after a while when someone keeps ruining the mood. I just don't take people like that all too seriously.)

I like the fact that people take their time to read shit and actually reply. Like damn I even kinda admire it, that there are so many people out here with knowledge. Who don't have to waste their time on reading and replying to your shit but they do it anyway.
It seems to be a nice forum with 'warm'/kind people (as far as I've seen, mostly reading stuff about the typology systems atm, I can imagine that other parts of the forum might be more 'dramatic'/tense). I definitely felt welcomed and I think it's kind of adorable to see how some people have formed close (?) bonds with each other here, on this forum.

Lark

I haven't been around for a long time (and I don't post a lot) but; there's nothing I 'dislike' at the moment. I saw that some people mentioned drama tho, I can enjoy it from time to time. (Bad, I know, I promise I won't create it myself, might use the 'search' function to find it and enjoy it with a bag of imaginary popcorn. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine that it becomes annoying after a while when someone keeps ruining the mood. I just don't take people like that all too seriously.)

I like the fact that people take their time to read shit and actually reply. Like damn I even kinda admire it, that there are so many people out here with knowledge. Who don't have to waste their time on reading and replying to your shit but they do it anyway.
It seems to be a nice forum with 'warm'/kind people (as far as I've seen, mostly reading stuff about the typology systems atm, I can imagine that other parts of the forum might be more 'dramatic'/tense). I definitely felt welcomed and I think it's kind of adorable to see how some people have formed close (?) bonds with each other here, on this forum.

Profile says you're a new member.

I hope you've not created multiple accounts as you know that's a no, no if you've visited the forum before.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I hope you've not created multiple accounts as you know that's a no, no if you've visited the forum before.

Stop suspecting every new member of being made of wood, I don't care how many times you were turned into a newt, but got better.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse

English isn't my mother tongue so my grammer/phrasing might not always be correct. But I think I get why you are confused. I don't mean that I have been away for a long time, just that I haven't spend much time on this forum (yet).

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- hearing others opinions, and don't mind getting into heated debates. Doesn't take things personally.
- people who are patient.
- people who are understanding and forgiving.

Dislikes
- people who suddenly dislike you after a political debate, despite having been compatible before.
- people who are incapable of forgiveness, or leaving the past behind so things can move on.
- pizza obsessions.

What's wrong with pizza?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A = total number of posts
B = number of posts in the off-topic thread
C = total number of infractions less reversals and warnings

(B/A) * C = Asshole factor

I am thinking something more sophisticated like text mining - like sarcastic toxicity. Got to be a way to measure that. Seriously one day I would like to research this kind of thing - evaluating personality characteristics by way of analyzing text. I am pretty sure I want to do this. It's a matter of time.

Lark

I am thinking something more sophisticated like text mining - like sarcastic toxicity. Got to be a way to measure that. Seriously one day I would like to research this kind of thing - evaluating personality characteristics by way of analyzing text. I am pretty sure I want to do this. It's a matter of time.

If you do it'll be worth a fortune.

There's already evidence to suggest that people experiencing depression (whether its endogenous or situational/episodic) use a different range of words or descriptors than the rest of the population, both NLP and CBT work on the basis of examining and attempting to change habitual patterns of thinking/cognitions which are mainly words, so if it exists discernably when it comes to pathology then why wouldnt it in terms of typology?

While there could be a lot of room for confirmation bias and it could spawn the kind of "language of success" jargon silos it might be possible to try and control for that limitation.

Like there are some good typology quizes already, at the pop level, which manage to try and control for bias and gaming already.