• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you like and dislike about this forum?

Lark

Dislike : I would love to have more crowd. More thread is responded.

I definitely agree with the idea that its good to get more traffick and participation on the site, I've always thought that, but then I like meeting new people and while I'm pretty down the middle in terms of introversion and extroversion when I'm in a good mood it errs on the side of extroversion. Not everyone is like that. Not everyone on this site is like that.

The dupe fests of the past, schemes and scams that were popular for a time among people using the site, its all taken its toil I reckon and there's definitely clusters of members who are nursing old, old grudges from years back that do not take a lot to reignite. I dont think that's just about who is still visiting the site, if only intermittently, or who owns the site or any of the other reasons that have been mentioned as explanations. Its probably nostalgia for a different time with a lot of different people.

I've seen the forum cycle through a bunch of different memberships and moods. Its something I think ALL forums go through but its interesting that more awareness of it doesnt seem to exist on a psychology/typology dedicated site. Its in microcosm the sort of "good old days" fantasy that I think you get on a grand scale offline, possibly over a longer time scale. I dont know, its just surmising and musing on my part really.

Although, I do think the people complaining about this dont see how they're playing a role in it, or maybe they do and want to run the forum into the ground because of a grudge, or to fulfill some sort of prophecy they have become convinced off, or dont give a shit and figure its not their problem. Just a bunch of thoughts and observations, could apply equally to any group, community, social scene or anything else as ready as a forum.

Which is a thing. When you're giving feedback on the forum maybe you have to be aware of whether you're reviewing the forum or reviewing the forum users and what's trending among them at the moment.

What I like about this forum is the Like function, the rep. function (although I know people have been abusing it like jerks, what can you do), User CP, PM function, individual wall posts function. The colour scheme and layout are not bad and I also appreciate the fact that its not jammed with ads, banner ads, other sorts of financialization or monetization.

What I dislike is probably the difficulty in posting pictures, gifs, stuff like that but it could be just a part of working on learning the functionality myself as it seems to work OK for other members who are more informed or familiar than I am. I kind of miss the arcade but I understand why its gone and I think its gone because those sorts of game functions have been on the wane online generally, or so I think, there were a bunch of really fun games on facebook at a time and they have vanished. The indie development of the same seems to have been eclipsed as how much of a money spinner it is has been recognised.

Lark

I like the actual rep, like etc. functions but I dislike the way that a few members have discovered they can abuse the same things for their own amusement.

I think it could be interesting if you could toggle reps similar to the access to your personal wall posts, perhaps you could restrict it to members you have added to your friends list?

I'm just aware that its not supposed to be used as a means by which members can make unwanted contact with other members, facilitate passive aggressive posting, threaten members with sanction by moderators or bans etc.

Appreciate this could be a difficult matter to resolve and that the people abusing these features as they do could be doing it precisely in order to have those features excised from the forum, exercise some sort control freakery etc. Still, its one of those things, I know its not the features that are to blame but their abuse and its the behaviour rather than the feature that's got to stop. I've tried asking nicely but the member in question is in some sort of misery spiral so I doubt they're likely to respond as I'd hope.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just aware that its not supposed to be used as a means by which members can make unwanted contact with other members, facilitate passive aggressive posting, threaten members with sanction by moderators or bans etc.

Appreciate this could be a difficult matter to resolve and that the people abusing these features as they do could be doing it precisely in order to have those features excised from the forum, exercise some sort control freakery etc. Still, its one of those things, I know its not the features that are to blame but their abuse and its the behaviour rather than the feature that's got to stop. I've tried asking nicely but the member in question is in some sort of misery spiral so I doubt they're likely to respond as I'd hope.
Forum rules apply to non-public communications like reps, PMs, and discord DMs, too. If someone is contacting you privately in a way that violates rules or is unwelcome, do report it. At minimum you can ask that they stop contacting you, and that will be enforced provided you are willing to do the same.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about you, [MENTION=39612]Veebee[/MENTION]?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the actual rep, like etc. functions but I dislike the way that a few members have discovered they can abuse the same things for their own amusement.

I think it could be interesting if you could toggle reps similar to the access to your personal wall posts, perhaps you could restrict it to members you have added to your friends list?

My advice is take screenshots of everything they're doing, and make use of any block features available. That way the mods can't really ignore it if you have visual evidence. Otherwise it tends to become another case of he said/she said/they said

Jaguar

Stop throwing rocks through people's windows and then whining when the homeowner wonders what the police might have to say about that kind of behavior.

Lark

Forum rules apply to non-public communications like reps, PMs, and discord DMs, too. If someone is contacting you privately in a way that violates rules or is unwelcome, do report it. At minimum you can ask that they stop contacting you, and that will be enforced provided you are willing to do the same.

I asked them straight away.

Got another Rep. So, yeah, how it goes.

Edit: Changed PM to Rep, it was a typo.

Lark

My advice is take screenshots of everything they're doing, and make use of any block features available. That way the mods can't really ignore it if you have visual evidence. Otherwise it tends to become another case of he said/she said/they said

That's a lot of work.

I do think that perhaps the lack of interesting discussion in the threads does result in forum drama filling the vacuum left by the lack of interesting discussion.

Though there's a kind of vicious circle because the people who'll create that vacuum by sounding off at anyone creating new threads, assuming every new poster is a dupe etc. then sustain the drama cycles that take their place and complain about the lack of decent discussion.

Anyway, its more to do with the membership than the forum, itself, so you know.

I'm not sure there's moderator solution either, well, not entirely, but I agree its worthwhile alerting them to what's occurring. Particularly when exploiting forum rules and moderation is part of the game.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a lot of work.

I do think that perhaps the lack of interesting discussion in the threads does result in forum drama filling the vacuum left by the lack of interesting discussion.

Though there's a kind of vicious circle because the people who'll create that vacuum by sounding off at anyone creating new threads, assuming every new poster is a dupe etc. then sustain the drama cycles that take their place and complain about the lack of decent discussion.

Anyway, its more to do with the membership than the forum, itself, so you know.

I'm not sure there's moderator solution either, well, not entirely, but I agree its worthwhile alerting them to what's occurring. Particularly when exploiting forum rules and moderation is part of the game.

It seems like there's been an uptick in interesting discussions lately though. So far the political subforum seems to have remained mostly civil, so that's been nice. Just hope it stays like that. I had to really dial back on my snark, I know I contributed a lot to the generally shitty tone in the past, but I don't really find myself taking things personally like I used to.

I don't really know a good solution because reporting people seems to be a hit-or-miss way of dealing with it. But hopefully you don't let those people drive you away from the forum, since it seems quite a few older members have been driven to leave in the last couple of years. I feel like shit if I had any part in that, but maybe some of them will come back eventually.

rav3n

Dislikes: How long it takes to delete trolls and socks. Interforum drama. Histrionics.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I asked them straight away.

Got another Rep. So, yeah, how it goes.

Edit: Changed PM to Rep, it was a typo.
Report the request and the rep. That is easy to prove, and to enforce.

Jaguar

Report the request and the rep. That is easy to prove, and to enforce.

No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future.

I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else.

Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can.

Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future.

I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else.

Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can.

Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.
If you would like a member not to interact with you here, tell them so. If they violate that, report it and we will handle it. Of course that requires that you also not interact with them.

One thing I dislike is members complaining while not availing themselves of the resources available.

Jaguar

If you would like a member not to interact with you here, tell them so. If they violate that, report it and we will handle it. Of course that requires that you also not interact with them.

One thing I dislike is members complaining while not availing themselves of the resources available.

I already did on 8-20-19, via rep. And had the truth been told in this thread rather than facts being conveniently left out, I wouldn't have said anything. I know of few people—if any—who are going to sit here and say nothing while someone lies through their teeth. I was tired of it.

Thanks.

saskiazaaza

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Favorite :
Oasis , Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds , Beady Eye and Liam Gallagher
Cat
Drawing
Music
Anime
Alone
Food
Deep Relationships

Dislike :
Too Loud Volume ( It is like , until make me uncomfortable to listen. But , I still like rock music which they are loud ).
Too Dark and Light room
People who disturbs my personal space
People who disrespectful
Arguing
Too much flavoured foods like too spicy , too salty , too sweet , etc
Immature person
Insensitive person

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
No, it is not. I don't have anything to hide so let's get the show on the road. In public. That way people who read this won't get suckered by Lark in the future. I just reported his personal insult post that started the rep exchange between Lark and I on August 20th. (Funny how he left that part out.) After he came into the thread to insult me I repped him twice. The second one requesting that he stop quoting my posts. So far he has complied. But it's only been two days. If you want my reps posted here, I am happy to post my reps with the date and times. But let's be clear - this started with his entering a thread to make an off-topic, personal insult. Nothing else. Some of us didn't leave the forum when the politics forum closed and to have to put up with Lark's insulting behavior all over again as soon as he gets back, is not something I plan on putting up with. Period. As someone mentioned, the reopening has been going smoothly. Except for Lark's insult. There is no benefit to anyone reading Lark posting to me or vice versa with the reopening of the politics forum. Put an end to it and implement a forced ignore if you can. Edit: Btw, what do I dislike most about this forum? People not having the guts to tell it straight.
Alternatively, you could grow a pair.