• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you like and dislike about this forum?

Veebee

Hi

Just a general question about people's views here.

I hope I've posted it in the right place

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
favorite:
dupes, gossip, intrigue, drama, learning about all the people on the forum who’ve boned, typology information, some cool people

least favorite:
incels, men’s right activists, triggered INTPs, anime references, pop culture aversion, and confusing moderation practices

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
favorite:
  • Sandbox for seeing how people's political views evolve.
  • Flirting.
  • Stimulating discussions on occasion (seems to come and go in waves)
  • A space for extreme goofiness.
  • Relative scarcity of obnoxious edge-lords.
  • Relative scarcity of conspiracy theory dipshittery (these days, anyway).
  • The ability to have different opinions about works of pop culture.
  • People who put up with my dumb jokes, instead of insisting that we all treat all of our interactions like they have to always be SERIOUS AND DEEP.

least favorite:
  • Drama.
  • Crazy ENTJs pouncing on people who disagree with them about the slightest thing.
  • The occasional member that pops up and seems like something out of an Investigation Discovery show.
  • Incompetent "forum revolutions" and other bullshit cryptic intrigue that occasionally pops up.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who put up with my dumb jokes, instead of insisting that we all treat all of our interactions like they have to always be SERIOUS AND DEEP.

Wait. I thought all our discussions were always serious and deep. You mean I'm NOT starring in a movie, playing a park ranger, opposite Nicolas Cage? You wound me, Julius! You wound me!!!!!

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like: People
Dislike: People

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wait. I thought all our discussions were always serious and deep. You mean I'm NOT starring in a movie, playing a park ranger, opposite Nicolas Cage? You wound me, Julius! You wound me!!!!!

The National Ocarina Council has threatened to sue me if I move forward, so the project is stalled for now, I'm afraid. They're afraid of the effect on ocarina sales that would result if Ocarinas: Instrument of Satan ever gets made. They said I could change it to another instrument like a trumpet or kazoo, but what would I be without artistic integrity?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I like that it has a cute family-friendly juvenile sort of feel to it, but it's not where I'd go for interesting or challenging discussions. Member base can also seem very strange/angry.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Likes: They let me talk about why Hooper was the real villain of Jaws and they indulge my childish need for attention.

Dislikes: The forum feels kind of quiet at the moment. It's also a bit of a time sink for me, but that's not the forum's fault, it's mine for being bad at time management.

Veebee

I like that it has a cute family-friendly juvenile sort of feel to it, but it's not where I'd go for interesting or challenging discussions. Member base can also seem very strange/angry.

I'm also getting a strange/angry vibe at times

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Member base can also seem very strange/angry.

Do you think that might be somewhat natural, given the nature of this as a personality typology forum? I'm assuming a lot of people here are in some form or other identity seekers (myself included) and so with that is going to come a lot of confusion, self doubt, and sometimes anger, likely stemming from people coming from a place of viewing themselves as isolated or different from the rest of the human race. On the flip though, I think that means a lot of these people will have some great, unique insights into human nature and personality.

+’s

*A few interesting characters
*Lack of heavy traffic (could use a bit more activity)
*Lack of a borg collective picking apart my every word. Others may argue that point but I’ve been on a couple of forums and one definitely had a thought police faction.

-‘s

*Pseudo intellectuals haughtily tearing apart others for asking questions about the subject of typology (and we wonder why we can’t retain members) There are ill informed people posting erroneous information no doubt. Those people are in need of correction, but I’m referring to times people have just shown curiosity because they’re learning and they’re met with a fair level of contempt for being uninformed about the subject.
*The continuing lack of a functioning post history search
*The inability for threads I find truly interesting to survive two pages (nothing to be done here really as it’s a personality forum and not geared towards some of the specific subjects these threads focus on)

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you think that might be somewhat natural, given the nature of this as a personality typology forum? I'm assuming a lot of people here are in some form or other identity seekers (myself included) and so with that is going to come a lot of confusion, self doubt, and sometimes anger, likely stemming from people coming from a place of viewing themselves as isolated or different from the rest of the human race. On the flip though, I think that means a lot of these people will have some great, unique insights into human nature and personality.
Man...and I thought I was optimistic! :D

I do think the angry aspect is natural in so far as this is the Internet, and as we all know the internet brings out the best in everyone.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
favorite:
  • Sandbox for seeing how people's political views evolve.
  • Flirting.
  • Stimulating discussions on occasion (seems to come and go in waves)
  • A space for extreme goofiness.
  • Relative scarcity of obnoxious edge-lords.
  • Relative scarcity of conspiracy theory dipshittery (these days, anyway).
  • The ability to have different opinions about works of pop culture.
  • People who put up with my dumb jokes, instead of insisting that we all treat all of our interactions like they have to always be SERIOUS AND DEEP.

least favorite:
  • Drama.
  • Crazy ENTJs pouncing on people who disagree with them about the slightest thing.
  • The occasional member that pops up and seems like something out of an Investigation Discovery show.
  • Incompetent "forum revolutions" and other bullshit cryptic intrigue that occasionally pops up.

I apologize on behalf of all adult ENTJ’s everywhere. It’s an irritation of mine as well.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man...and I thought I was optimistic! :D

I do think the angry aspect is natural in so far as this is the Internet, and as we all know the internet brings out the best in everyone.
I think I’m in an exceptionally optimistic mood today