User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Veebee View Post
    Lol
    I was wondering, when no dupes are discovered, will you guys think "Oh Wow, we were wrong" or will you think "This is the best dupe account ever, because no dupes have been discovered" ?

Because, I get the impression that I can't win
    The trick is to not be an asshole. If your contributions are valuable and you're not baiting anyone (either directly or in a passive-aggressive way, especially if it's the latter and your reaction to feedback is to play stupid & continue the behavior), then people won't even care if you are a dupe.

But if your contributions tend to antagonize or bait others, whether or not it's intentional, then yeah - others will react badly to you regardless of whether you're a dupe.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?
    Likes The Cat, ceecee, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Anyhow, I thought phobic used to be an INTP, so I wouldn't get too excited about an ESTJ being here.
    Just sayin'.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes 1487610420 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    The trick is to not be an asshole. If your contributions are valuable and you're not baiting anyone (either directly or in a passive-aggressive way, especially if it's the latter and your reaction to feedback is to play stupid & continue the behavior), then people won't even care if you are a dupe.

But if your contributions tend to antagonize or bait others, whether or not it's intentional, then yeah - others will react badly to you regardless of whether you're a dupe.
    Do you think I'm being an asshole?

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

Permabanned

nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You stated you had the impression you can't win. I explained how you can.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?
    Likes Yuu, Veebee liked this post

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    You stated you had the impression you can't win. I explained how you can.
    Exactly.

At the very least, it seems like the OP want to gauge the reactions of the rest of the forum. People pick up on that, and wonder why someone who isn't a dupe would do that, since it's not something new members are inclined to do... they'd test the waters first before even caring what anyone else thought about the forum. It's a similar story with the "what do I have to do ?" thread.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Veebee liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Exactly.

At the very least, it seems like the OP want to gauge the reactions of the rest of the forum. People pick up on that, and wonder why someone who isn't a dupe would do that, since it's not something new members are inclined to do... they'd test the waters first before even caring what anyone else thought about the forum. It's a similar story with the "what do I have to do ?" thread.
    I made this thread because it was more interesting than an intro thread. It's a question that usually gets responses, since members will always have opinions on a forum they frequent. I don't see an intro thread getting this much traffic in less than a week.
    Likes jamain liked this post

I like this site because I feel it offers an opportunity to articulate my views and opinions in the midst of a very diverse population with members from all sorts of backgrounds. In addition to this, I also feel that the psychology component of the site adds a nice twist to this overall dynamic. For an example, if a person wants to speculate upon the motive of another member, I feel like people are more likely to use psychological terms like "projection" or "cognitive dissonance", which I sometimes find amusing.

So, are my posts inspired by some deep-seeded craving to 'get a reaction' out of others? Hardly. If people want to quote/ like/ rep any one of my comments -- great. If not, then that's perfectly fine too. Honestly, I feel like my most well thought out posts are largely ignored, whereas my posts I care less for get all the... "attention."

I also find the forum drama amusing; if member X isn't getting along with member Y then I am always very grateful to anyone willing to share with me any and all details that might explain the animus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dep View Post
    I like this site because I feel it offers an opportunity to articulate my views and opinions in the midst of a very diverse population with members from all sorts of backgrounds. In addition to this, I also feel that the psychology component of the site adds a nice twist to this overall dynamic. For an example, if a person wants to speculate upon the motive of another member, I feel like people are more likely to use psychological terms like "projection" or "cognitive dissonance", which I sometimes find amusing.

So, are my posts inspired by some deep-seeded craving to 'get a reaction' out of others? Hardly. If people want to quote/ like/ rep any one of my comments -- great. If not, then that's perfectly fine too. Honestly, I feel like my most well thought out posts are largely ignored, whereas my posts I care less for get all the... "attention."

I also find the forum drama amusing; if member X isn't getting along with member Y then I am always very grateful to anyone willing to share with me any and all details that might explain the animus.
    So is this a well thought out post or nah?
    Likes Deprecator liked this post