User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 175

  1. #11
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    I like that it has a cute family-friendly juvenile sort of feel to it, but it's not where I'd go for interesting or challenging discussions. Member base can also seem very strange/angry.
    Likes Veebee liked this post

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None
    Posts
    15,955

    Default

    Likes: They let me talk about why Hooper was the real villain of Jaws and they indulge my childish need for attention.

    Dislikes: The forum feels kind of quiet at the moment. It's also a bit of a time sink for me, but that's not the forum's fault, it's mine for being bad at time management.
    Give me clarity
    Likes Veebee liked this post

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Dupes
    Do you like dupes, dislike dupes or are you implying that I'm a dupe?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    I like that it has a cute family-friendly juvenile sort of feel to it, but it's not where I'd go for interesting or challenging discussions. Member base can also seem very strange/angry.
    I'm also getting a strange/angry vibe at times

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None
    Posts
    15,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Member base can also seem very strange/angry.
    Do you think that might be somewhat natural, given the nature of this as a personality typology forum? I'm assuming a lot of people here are in some form or other identity seekers (myself included) and so with that is going to come a lot of confusion, self doubt, and sometimes anger, likely stemming from people coming from a place of viewing themselves as isolated or different from the rest of the human race. On the flip though, I think that means a lot of these people will have some great, unique insights into human nature and personality.
    Give me clarity

  6. #16

    Default

    +’s

    *A few interesting characters
    *Lack of heavy traffic (could use a bit more activity)
    *Lack of a borg collective picking apart my every word. Others may argue that point but I’ve been on a couple of forums and one definitely had a thought police faction.

    -‘s

    *Pseudo intellectuals haughtily tearing apart others for asking questions about the subject of typology (and we wonder why we can’t retain members) There are ill informed people posting erroneous information no doubt. Those people are in need of correction, but I’m referring to times people have just shown curiosity because they’re learning and they’re met with a fair level of contempt for being uninformed about the subject.
    *The continuing lack of a functioning post history search
    *The inability for threads I find truly interesting to survive two pages (nothing to be done here really as it’s a personality forum and not geared towards some of the specific subjects these threads focus on)
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker
    Likes Veebee, INTJMom liked this post

  7. #17
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Do you think that might be somewhat natural, given the nature of this as a personality typology forum? I'm assuming a lot of people here are in some form or other identity seekers (myself included) and so with that is going to come a lot of confusion, self doubt, and sometimes anger, likely stemming from people coming from a place of viewing themselves as isolated or different from the rest of the human race. On the flip though, I think that means a lot of these people will have some great, unique insights into human nature and personality.
    Man...and I thought I was optimistic!

    I do think the angry aspect is natural in so far as this is the Internet, and as we all know the internet brings out the best in everyone.
    Likes Officer Ed Powell liked this post

  8. #18
    Noncompliant Yuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None
    Posts
    5,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    favorite:
    • Sandbox for seeing how people's political views evolve.
    • Flirting.
    • Stimulating discussions on occasion (seems to come and go in waves)
    • A space for extreme goofiness.
    • Relative scarcity of obnoxious edge-lords.
    • Relative scarcity of conspiracy theory dipshittery (these days, anyway).
    • The ability to have different opinions about works of pop culture.
    • People who put up with my dumb jokes, instead of insisting that we all treat all of our interactions like they have to always be SERIOUS AND DEEP.


    least favorite:
    • Drama.
    • Crazy ENTJs pouncing on people who disagree with them about the slightest thing.
    • The occasional member that pops up and seems like something out of an Investigation Discovery show.
    • Incompetent "forum revolutions" and other bullshit cryptic intrigue that occasionally pops up.
    I apologize on behalf of all adult ENTJ’s everywhere. It’s an irritation of mine as well.
    “ Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)”

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    TRSH None
    Posts
    15,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    Man...and I thought I was optimistic!

    I do think the angry aspect is natural in so far as this is the Internet, and as we all know the internet brings out the best in everyone.
    I think I’m in an exceptionally optimistic mood today
    Give me clarity

  10. #20
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    I apologize on behalf of all adult ENTJ’s everywhere. It’s an irritation of mine as well.
    No, you will not. But an ESFJ might try that nonsense.
    Wear the damn mask.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO